PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 6528 times)

Longman

Re: Tonight
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »

Firstly, can we please just let this Carlos Logan debacle go? Regardless of how good/bad he was when he was at Moss Lane, he's gone now, he won't be back, it was inevitable he would score last night, he deserved a booing for time wasting when he was substituted, good luck to him at Barrow, we have better wingers now, end of story.

Secondly, I totally agree with whats being said about Matt Doughty. He supports the left wing so well going forward and he gives another dimension down that left flank, but he was getting exposed when they hit us (very well) on the counter attack. This could have been what caused the holes in our defence last night as the remaining back three had to completely change their position and shift to the left to cover him. Hopefully with a bit of work in training and we can get it sorted so he has the freedom to help out and put in some crosses without getting caught out.

Lastly, can I just ask oneedham out of interest, did you go to Woking on Saturday??

I think the main problem with Doughty getting forward is his lack of pace, he can't get back quick enough, which caused problems last night, especially with the pace with which Barrow broke.

It is a shame as he was my MOTM against Woking last Saturday.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

I think the main problem with Doughty getting forward is his lack of pace, he can't get back quick enough, which caused problems last night, especially with the pace with which Barrow broke.

The way Barrow T**tted it 80 yards at speed into that corner for the attackers to run onto, Matt Doughty would need pace akin to Asafa Powell to have a chance of covering back.

I think a better way to cover it would be for McGregor and Young to get across and cover rather than just standing in the penalty area beckoning Street or Lawton to get over there.

Longman

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »

The way Barrow T**tted it 80 yards at speed into that corner for the attackers to run onto, Matt Doughty would need pace akin to Asafa Powell to have a chance of covering back.

I think a better way to cover it would be for McGregor and Young to get across and cover rather than just standing in the penalty area beckoning Street or Lawton to get over there.

Yeah true, however either way you cut it Doughty clearly struggles for pace, he got exposed once during the Woking game and had to commit an obstruction to stop the Woking winger breaking clear.  However I think he is a good left back from what I've seen so far.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight