* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow

Author Topic: Barrow  (Read 1749 times)

scottytee

Barrow
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »

i was at barrow game and was a brilliant game coming back twice to level but unlucky not a 3rd time

i think the defence is confused at times and looks shaky but no probs way the forward force for little and denham infact denham looks very promising would be surprised if he gets called up to the league bye some big team

wat alty need is more patience and another tall defender cs wen comes to the team i think i noticed about 4 tall peopel the rest were like midgets

ajny thoguht please leave below

i feel for alt could be a good season if the defence works out 

Garveys Brother

Re: Barrow
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 08:07:39 AM »

I don't think we just need a tall defender, i think we also need a strong leader in the defence who can organise it when coburn can't.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »

I don't think we just need a tall defender, i think we also need a strong leader in the defence who can organise it when coburn can't.

A younger Tinson would do perfectly  ;D

I'd love to see the defence work out it's problems but for some reason I can't see the McGregor - Young partnership working. Maybe they just need a bit of time to gel but for young to perform as well as he did last season I think we may need another CB.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »

A younger Tinson would do perfectly  ;D

I'd love to see the defence work out it's problems but for some reason I can't see the McGregor - Young partnership working. Maybe they just need a bit of time to gel but for young to perform as well as he did last season I think we may need another CB.

My thoughts exactly - as noted on another thread
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow