PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tuesday  (Read 7790 times)

AltySi

Re: Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »

Johnson simply has to start if fit, I would like to fit Elam in but agree that we probably shouldn't change a winning team, and nobody deserves to be left out.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »

What a great position to be in - and one which we haven't seen at ML for a good number of years.
Everyone in the squad has a case for playing and all would do a good job in the team rather than just being there filling in to cover injury/suspensions!

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »

Johnson simply has to start if fit, I would like to fit Elam in but agree that we probably shouldn't change a winning team, and nobody deserves to be left out.

spot on. have a goodwin.

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »

btw how many can we expect barrow to bring?

altyf

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »

btw how many can we expect barrow to bring?

I reckon anything from 350-500

James Black

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »

500 looks the more likely possibly even more than that after fridays result. Hope we get a good backing quite a few of me mates are coming so should be a great atmosphere come on alty lets go for 6 pts out of 6

JockRobin

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »

After watching the Bluebirds on Friday its crucial that we start `full on`. They too appear to be an attack minded outfit from early impressions. No doubt Logan will play a blinder and the right side of their attack/wing appears quite dangerous - a good test for Matt!

Both centre backs very solid and will be hard to break down & with a decent stoppa behind. Hopefully Lee & Chris can get in amongst them and shake them up a bit to free up some space for, Dale, Colin & others to do the buisness. Lets have a great cheer for Capt Robbie!

For me, a point will be a disapointment on the night, but overall 4 pts from the first 2 games would be a cracking start. Lets hope that the ref isn`t the star of the game and leaves his red card in the dressing room - the two games I saw over the weekend were badly affected by these over zealous jobs worths! Come on Alty!   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »

As I've said elsewhere, we're going to win tonight.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »

Lets hope that the ref isn`t the star of the game and leaves his red card in the dressing room - the two games I saw over the weekend were badly affected by these over zealous jobs worths!

Jock,

It may well surprise you to hear this but the Referee is appointed to do a job. If players don't foul each other, dissent by word or action, use offensive and/or insulting language, commit violent conduct etc then he or she will not be required to write anything other than the details of the toss, the times of any goals and the details of the substitutions. Therefore it would, I feel be fair to place some of the responsibility on the players.

The FA have implemented the RESPECT programme so all Clubs, players etc. have been made very aware of what is expected of them and the implications if they do not fulfil those requirements.

If he doesn't do that job then he'll soon be back down refereeing at the level I do.

Perhaps you'd prefer that the game were played with no Referee at all???  

Narcissist

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »

Lets hope that the ref isn`t the star of the game and leaves his red card in the dressing room - the two games I saw over the weekend were badly affected by these over zealous jobs worths!

Jock,

It may well surprise you to hear this but the Referee is appointed to do a job. If players don't foul each other, dissent by word or action, use offensive and/or insulting language, commit violent conduct etc then he or she will not be required to write anything other than the details of the toss, the times of any goals and the details of the substitutions. Therefore it would, I feel be fair to place some of the responsibility on the players.

The FA have implemented the RESPECT programme so all Clubs, players etc. have been made very aware of what is expected of them and the implications if they do not fulfil those requirements.

If he doesn't do that job then he'll soon be back down refereeing at the level I do.

Perhaps you'd prefer that the game were played with no Referee at all???   

Here we go again.

Dont you know that you cant voice an opinion on the level of reffing without having to face this diatribe in response on the forum.

RESPECT has been a long time coming but its not an excuse to kill a game by never letting it get going. A balance is needed.

Also, the tackle on Logan was bad but not a red. That now has a direct impact tonight because it possibly won barrow the game and gave them bags of confidence going up against fellow part-timers. Im afraid I agree with jock here. We dont need a big personality reffing the game, just someone fair and objective (or subjective if its towards alty  ;) )

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »

Oh yes you certainly can voice an opinion and if you want a diatribe I'm sure I can do better than my last post.

I'm more than happy to debate the issue of Refereeing rather than trade diatribes and/or insults

If you take the time to read rather than just discount and disrespect my post you will see that I've just highlighted that the Referee's performance is reactive to the behaviour of the players on the field of play.

Had the tackle on Logan been on an Alty player would you have been of the opinion that it wasn't a red card? (This isn't an inflammatory or sarcastic comment but an honest question) One of the issues new and developing referees have to address is that of different peoples perceptions of any single incident which can be hard when it is purely down to an individuals opinion based on a single split second view of the incident.

Narcissist

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »

Oh yes you certainly can voice an opinion and if you want a diatribe I'm sure I can do better than my last post.

I'm more than happy to debate the issue of Refereeing rather than trade diatribes and/or insults

If you take the time to read rather than just discount and disrespect my post you will see that I've just highlighted that the Referee's performance is reactive to the behaviour of the players on the field of play.

Had the tackle on Logan been on an Alty player would you have been of the opinion that it wasn't a red card? (This isn't an inflammatory or sarcastic comment but an honest question) One of the issues new and developing referees have to address is that of different peoples perceptions of any single incident which can be hard when it is purely down to an individuals opinion based on a single split second view of the incident.

You assume I didnt read your post.

You assume I don't know what a ref has to do on the pitch.

You assume i'm not aware that i'm biased towards alty when it comes to reffing decisions (not that it has anything to do with a decision in a Barrow v Oxford game)

You assume that anyone who disagrees with your own rose-tinted viewpoint is out to 'disrespect', 'discount' and 'insult' you.

I agree with someone else, it was a bad decision, no need for the card, it affected the game. That really is about it.

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »

I also thought the red card was extremely harsh.

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59:08 PM »

If barrow finish 2 points ahead of alty come the end of the season, escaping relegation and sending us down you would have to say it was and unfair decision.

Alty365

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »

I still think Barrow would have won the game irrespective of that decision, just not by 3 goals.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday