News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worth Accys while to sell Craney?

Author Topic: Worth Accys while to sell Craney?  (Read 9269 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »

Like most others on here I suspect that Accy will try to sticth us up on the Craney deal, Eric Whalley is not a nice man to be trusted. I think they would love to have (any) Swansea player in a swap deal and say he is the main part of the deal.

Anyway, the point being is that I think it's worth their while to take the offer, they're all going on about how they won't let him go without a fight to a team only in the league above etc but realistically, we got Craney for now he was class for us and got us in the conf north, he then went to a full time career  (admittedly at a tinpot palace) and we got £15k and a 50% sell on clause. We wanted more but trying to hold onto him for an extra 10k wouldn't have been mega. We had our piece of him and the £15k chipped of a little bit of debt and enabled us to strenthen with Hussin, Potts, Owen, Little the rest is history.

Craneys 23 i think now, accy could fight tooth and nail to hold him back but what would that achieve, yes he may get them into the top half of lge2 (a big incentive admittedly) but his value would decrease as they go on. Fact is he's at a higher level than l2 as is Roberts. If they seel him now for 150k tehy should take the 75k, give us ours  thru gritted teeth and get teh sell on clause in. If craney is a success at Swansea (which he would be) he could go to Leeds for £500k or Forest or something and they'd coin it in anyway.

Also, given the luck they had with the Ormerod deal I think they know this and it will go through.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worth Accys while to sell Craney?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:50:08 PM »

lets hope we get our cut if he moves on!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:02:17 AM »

I thought he went to Accrington for £50k.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:05:47 AM »

I thought £15K.

I bet accy try to do something like giving us less than the 50% we're due and offering us a cut of the sell-on clause they negotiate with Swansea.

If we've any sense (and we have) we'll insist on the cash - but I wouldn't put another stroke past their chairman. :-\
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

I'm just waiting for the manouvre where somebody or something else is thrown in as part of the deal, meaning that we get far less than 50% of what Swansea pay Accrington. 

Or am I just being very cynical?  :-\

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »

We are all a little cynical, however I think this one is pretty straightforward.  It was 15k we got for him but the key was the 50% sell on.  I've not heard of such a high sell on clause before so it looks like it was good business.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team