PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos' On the Road Again
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Carlos' On the Road Again  (Read 7436 times)

Jenga

Re: Carlos' On the Road Again
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »

Regarding the above post. You clearly do not watch a lot of footy, because Carlos has bags of talent and given a regular chance he will prove you and others wrong. You still motor on about end product. How many goals did our other wide men provide last season? for example Peyton and he played all season near enough. He must have set up no more than 3 or 4 goals, thats no end product!!!. As for 'attitude stinks' he stuck with us for a long time on the bench and he had to watch the likes of Peyton, Toulson and O'Neil play week in and week out in front of him, I can't believe he stuck it out so long because he's a lot better player than all three. And when he did come on it was for 10-15 mins here and there. Yeah he wasn't fit but he'd have to be playing week in and week out to get fit as we only train twice a week. I never seen any player get slayed so much by alty fans in all my time and for what............. because everytime he came on he gave a hundred per cent and as the barrow manager said and I always said he'll always take two players out of the game. My opinon never was given the chance and home results may have been different if he had started a few more !!!! hope he proves people wrong

Totally agree, sorry ALTY365 but I think your way off the mark on your opinions of Carlos.

To be honest I hope he doesn't sign for Barrow, otherwise he could be running rings around us next Tuesday night.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »

Won't know if Logan could defend because he hardly played so can't comment on that. Before someone brings up his back pass which led to a goal, a lot of players made mistakes last season ( I remember him getting hammered for that too ) I just think its wrong to criticise a player who was clearly no given the chance !!!! That lad was being judge after only a couple of appearances. I say good luck to him, because after speaking to a freind who trains with Alty, he said Logan was always there in training, got on with the players etc !!! so its about time people stop having a go and let him play his football !!!!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »

Won't know if Logan could defend because he hardly played so can't comment on that. Before someone brings up his back pass which led to a goal, a lot of players made mistakes last season ( I remember him getting hammered for that too ) I just think its wrong to criticise a player who was clearly no given the chance !!!! That lad was being judge after only a couple of appearances. I say good luck to him, because after speaking to a freind who trains with Alty, he said Logan was always there in training, got on with the players etc !!! so its about time people stop having a go and let him play his football !!!!

agreed

altyf

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »

Based on the messenger report after our 2-1 loss to Histon, I'm going to say he can't defend:

In SAM we read that "Alty seem determined not to do themselves any favours. Too often this season, it's been the same old story. Sharp football and a battling spirit get them into a promising position, only for basic errors to quickly shatter their fragile dreams. Against Histon it was the turn of Carlos Logan (right). With the Robins piling pressure on the visitors' goal and the scores still level at 1-1, the winger's suicidal backpass 16 minutes from time handed Histon a neatly giftwrapped Christmas present at the start of the advent season. From that point on, they seemed resigned to their fate."

And in terms of Peyton, I think there was the occasional end product, as he scored the goal that took us out of the relegation zone for the first time:
ALTRINCHAM 2 KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS 1
Tuesday, 8 January 2008

56 mins: Iyseden CHRISTIE (Altrincham 0 Kidderminster Harriers 1)
65 mins: Tom CAHILL (Altrincham 1 Kidderminster Harriers 1)
76 mins: Warren PEYTON (Altrincham 2 Kidderminster Harriers 1)

"Little smartly caught the defence on the hop by taking the freekick very quickly, short, up the right to Toulson whose low cross came to Peyton about 15 yards out slightly right of centre. The left-midfielder did well to dig out a low right-footed shot which beat Bevan, low to the giant keeper's left to give Alty the lead (76 mins)."

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »

Based on the messenger report after our 2-1 loss to Histon, I'm going to say he can't defend:

In SAM we read that "Alty seem determined not to do themselves any favours. Too often this season, it's been the same old story. Sharp football and a battling spirit get them into a promising position, only for basic errors to quickly shatter their fragile dreams. Against Histon it was the turn of Carlos Logan (right). With the Robins piling pressure on the visitors' goal and the scores still level at 1-1, the winger's suicidal backpass 16 minutes from time handed Histon a neatly giftwrapped Christmas present at the start of the advent season. From that point on, they seemed resigned to their fate."

And in terms of Peyton, I think there was the occasional end product, as he scored the goal that took us out of the relegation zone for the first time:
Tuesday, 8 January 2008

"Little smartly caught the defence on the hop by taking the freekick very quickly, short, up the right to Toulson whose low cross came to Peyton about 15 yards out slightly right of centre. The left-midfielder did well to dig out a low right-footed shot which beat Bevan, low to the giant keeper's left to give Alty the lead (76 mins)."

So on one mistake you say he cant defend. On how many games minutes of football do you make this suggestion?

So on one goal you say Warren provides the end product. On how many minutes of football do you make this suggestion?

Come on boy, think about the maths and dont focus on ONE isolated incident for both players and make your seasons judgement.

I am sure Shotton made an error in defense last season - does that mean also he can't defend?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:54:59 PM by Jenga »

lukealty12

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »

Regarding the above post. You clearly do not watch a lot of footy, because Carlos has bags of talent and given a regular chance he will prove you and others wrong. You still motor on about end product. How many goals did our other wide men provide last season? for example Peyton and he played all season near enough. He must have set up no more than 3 or 4 goals, thats no end product!!!. As for 'attitude stinks' he stuck with us for a long time on the bench and he had to watch the likes of Peyton, Toulson and O'Neil play week in and week out in front of him, I can't believe he stuck it out so long because he's a lot better player than all three. And when he did come on it was for 10-15 mins here and there. Yeah he wasn't fit but he'd have to be playing week in and week out to get fit as we only train twice a week. I never seen any player get slayed so much by alty fans in all my time and for what............. because everytime he came on he gave a hundred per cent and as the barrow manager said and I always said he'll always take two players out of the game. My opinon never was given the chance and home results may have been different if he had started a few more !!!! hope he proves people wrong

100 per cent agreed.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »

Not blaming him for back pass as at least he was there to get the ball in the first place.

My opinion, and yes I do watch fotoball... is that he is not good enough for this league. He is pacey and looks dangerous on the ball but can't pass.

Its football, its all about opinions... I certainly don't hate the bloke and maybe he wasn't given a chance but maybe he didn;t apply himself in training or there was something else, there must be a reason for that ??... Who knows, all I know is from what I saw of him his distribution was woeful.

altyf

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 01:15:28 PM »

Tuesday, 8 January 2008

So on one mistake you say he cant defend. On how many games minutes of football do you make this suggestion?

So on one goal you say Warren provides the end product. On how many minutes of football do you make this suggestion?

Come on boy, think about the maths and dont focus on ONE isolated incident for both players and make your seasons judgement.

I am sure Shotton made an error in defense last season - does that mean also he can't defend?

Firstly, can I just point out I actually didn't hate Logan at all I was just trying to put some evidence on the table for those who said there was no end product with Peyton. He's obviously not the best in front of goal but I personally would rather see Peyton play. Once again, I was not FOCUSING on one isolated incident I was just putting some KEY events from the season forward. Anyway, Logan has gone, we have better wingers now, lets let Barrow decide for themselves whether he's good enough for the BSP and move on.

Oh and by the way, Shotton scored an own goal at home to Weymouth   ;) ...and no, that doesn't make him a bad defender  ;D

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »

To be honest I hope he doesn't sign for Barrow, otherwise he could be running rings around us next Tuesday night.

I think it is more likely that Lord Lucan will attend the game having ridden to the ground on the back of Shergar.

Alty365

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

I'm not saying Logan is the only bad player we had at Moss Lane last season, not by a long chalk. I just struggle to see what excited people so much about him. I saw him several times running down the wing with the ball, only to either give the ball away, hit a poor cross or simply run the ball out of play.

I still say he won't finish the season at Barrow.

VofD

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »

I'm not saying Logan is the only bad player we had at Moss Lane last season, not by a long chalk. I just struggle to see what excited people so much about him. I saw him several times running down the wing with the ball, only to either give the ball away, hit a poor cross or simply run the ball out of play.

Or fall on his arse ??? ???

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »

I think it is more likely that Lord Lucan will attend the game having ridden to the ground on the back of Shergar.

If that happens, how stupid will you look?!

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »

If that happens, how stupid will you look?!

Not very, it's only football at the end of the day.  ;)

Narcissist

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 04:18:22 PM »

Bare in mind that he will play the game of his life, score one, set one up and gesture to GH and alty faithful at full-time. This is not a prediction, this is just what happens, we've seen it so many times before.

Fortunately we'll still win 3-2!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 04:25:37 PM »

A game like the FA Cup 4th Qual replay around 12 years ago will do, was it 4-1 ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos' On the Road Again