PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlos' On the Road Again
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Carlos' On the Road Again  (Read 7437 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »

According to the BBC Website Carlos Logan is having trials at Barrow

Dougals Dad

Re: Carlos' On the Road Again
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »

Played & had to go off with cramp!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »

Still got a contract though - and was man of the match in the NLP report.  ::) :o
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:57:33 PM »

On the Barrow forum sounded just like he was when he was with us...tries to take on a man and looks dangerous but has a poor touch and has got no end product:

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=600&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »

""He has a tremendous amount of energy and one thing he does is distract defenders," Bayliss added."

Distracts them how? Would that be when they are rolling round in laughter at his constant inability to cross the ball? Absolutely awful player!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 06:22:47 PM »

""He has a tremendous amount of energy and one thing he does is distract defenders," Bayliss added."

Distracts them how? Would that be when they are rolling round in laughter at his constant inability to cross the ball? Absolutely awful player!

Ouch !

There is one comment on the Barrow forum there saying he didn't do much in the 'end capacity', and that the cross he supplied for one of the goals was a fluke. So it's been noticed already then haha

Reading Robin

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »

Why is there so much hate for players that have left alty or turned us down? 

The reaction to Brownhill turning us down was embarrassing, and now Carlos is routinely mocked. 

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »

Why is there so much hate for players that have left alty or turned us down? 

The reaction to Brownhill turning us down was embarrassing, and now Carlos is routinely mocked. 

Carlos was heckled when he was at the club as well. Awful, awful player.

Reading Robin

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »

Thanks for pointing out further madness.  It's clear he has abilities, but just didn't work out for him out alty.  I'd hesitate to call anyone an awful player when they are easily twice the player i am.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

Well if you are of a similar level of ability to me, him being twice as good as that hardly proves a great deal.  ;D

He's certainly nowhere near good enough for the Blue Square Premier but could probably do a job at Unibond or (at a push) Blue Square North level. Being fast and moderately skilful is not sufficient for this league. Based on the nature of his departure, his attitude stinks as well.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

Regarding the above post. You clearly do not watch a lot of footy, because Carlos has bags of talent and given a regular chance he will prove you and others wrong. You still motor on about end product. How many goals did our other wide men provide last season? for example Peyton and he played all season near enough. He must have set up no more than 3 or 4 goals, thats no end product!!!. As for 'attitude stinks' he stuck with us for a long time on the bench and he had to watch the likes of Peyton, Toulson and O'Neil play week in and week out in front of him, I can't believe he stuck it out so long because he's a lot better player than all three. And when he did come on it was for 10-15 mins here and there. Yeah he wasn't fit but he'd have to be playing week in and week out to get fit as we only train twice a week. I never seen any player get slayed so much by alty fans in all my time and for what............. because everytime he came on he gave a hundred per cent and as the barrow manager said and I always said he'll always take two players out of the game. My opinon never was given the chance and home results may have been different if he had started a few more !!!! hope he proves people wrong

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »

Regarding the above post. You clearly do not watch a lot of footy, because Carlos has bags of talent and given a regular chance he will prove you and others wrong. You still motor on about end product. How many goals did our other wide men provide last season? for example Peyton and he played all season near enough. He must have set up no more than 3 or 4 goals, thats no end product!!!. As for 'attitude stinks' he stuck with us for a long time on the bench and he had to watch the likes of Peyton, Toulson and O'Neil play week in and week out in front of him, I can't believe he stuck it out so long because he's a lot better player than all three. And when he did come on it was for 10-15 mins here and there. Yeah he wasn't fit but he'd have to be playing week in and week out to get fit as we only train twice a week. I never seen any player get slayed so much by alty fans in all my time and for what............. because everytime he came on he gave a hundred per cent and as the barrow manager said and I always said he'll always take two players out of the game. My opinon never was given the chance and home results may have been different if he had started a few more !!!! hope he proves people wrong

Spot on.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

I watch a lot of football thank you very much, please don't patronise me just because we happen to disagree.

As far as providing chances goes, Peyton, O'Neill and Toulson certainly weren't much better than Logan, in fact none of our wide men were good enough all season. However, if you look at the present squad I would be very surprised if Peyton or O'Neill command a regular place in the starting lineup this season, although I very much doubt they will leave the club in a huff without telling the manager either.

Bottom line is, Logan wasn't and isn't up to it at this level. I bet he is not playing for Barrow by January.

starjammer

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

Spot on.

I agree totally!

Good luck to him at Barrow!

Butty

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »

But how many goals did Peyton et al help to prevent? Neither of them may have set up an end product, but at least Petyon, Toulson and O'Neil could defend a bit
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team