PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire Senior Cup
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cheshire Senior Cup  (Read 5133 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Cheshire Senior Cup
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:56:40 PM »

I see Vics have asked Woodley to move their CSC game back a week.........hope we are going to do the same so we don't lose a league fixture!

Longman

Re: Cheshire Senior Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:06:25 AM »

So do I, i'm only going to be here until the end of October and would much rather see us play Mansfield Town than Vauxhall Motors!

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:07:05 AM »

League games should always take priority. This csc thing either be scrapped or played on a Tuesday morning.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »

I'm sure County Cup games have priority over league games automatically, Cheshire FA are never gonna back down and re-arrange games. Tbh i'd rather the league game is re-scheduled because we'd have a bigger gate for Mansfield at home on a Saturday afternoon rather than on a wet Tuesday night. Just my opinion.

joe

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

If it is re arranged it will more likely than not still be played on a Tuesday night

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »

If it is re arranged it will more likely than not still be played on a Tuesday night

If I remember correctly theres about 3 Saturday's left spare plus ones from where we aren't (or are) involved in FA Cup/Trophy games and where our oppenents are, and thats where they're slotted in.

malcolm

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »

[
If I remember correctly theres about 3 Saturday's left spare plus ones from where we aren't (or are) involved in FA Cup/Trophy games and where our oppenents are, and thats where they're slotted in.
[/quote]

Have faith man !. We can't play mansfield in a rearranged game on blank FA CUP?Trophy saturdays beacuse we WILL STILL be in the FA Cup/ TRophy.

baldrick

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »

This should get me a few more peakes but why not withdraw from the Cheshire cup? I know some people say it was a major competition in the good old days but now it is just an inconvenience. The penalty shoot out against Chester was one of the most entertaining things i have seen for a long time but nobody seemed to care. One regular standing next to me even complained about it making him late home.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 02:09:12 PM »

If we withdraw then we'll never hear the end of it from the Vics.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

The CSC should be made into a pre-season tournament. It's become a completely irrelevant competition and it's farcical that we have to postpone a big league game to accommodate it.

lukealty12

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »

Couldnt we put a youth team into it?, with a mixture of the players that are not in the squad?

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »

Playing it in pre-season has other advantages too. There are reduced costs to clubs as they don't have to pay for electricity for floodlights and the attendances would probably be marginally better as fans are generally more interested in pre-season games anyway. It's also a good opportunity to try new players out in a semi-competitive environment.

Otherwise, just scrap the thing altogether! I doubt it would be missed all that much.

AltyGas

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »

Couldnt we put a youth team into it?, with a mixture of the players that are not in the squad?

Aren't we obliged to field squad players?  ???

malcolm

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

The main point is being missed-   unless we are a member of the cheshire FA we do not have a club as all clubs have to be members of the Local FA to be members of the FA, so that being said the Cheshire FA think there competition is far moree important than any other (after all they arrange it) the dates of the matches are on their website so I thinl Vics trying to move their game will not be considered.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »

I love the CSC .... Altho that was when their was a chance of playing (s)macc.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cheshire Senior Cup