PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth  (Read 10925 times)

baldrick

Re: Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

I thought that if pubs already had SKY then Setanta was to be offered Free with no extra charge.
This is for pubs only though as the prices are already high.

Every BSP club are guaranteed a live game. There are two other chances of bonus appearances, 1. Doing well and being near the top of the league, 2. Playing a top club at the right time. There is also a possibility of appearing on Sky if we get an F.A Cup game against a league club.

Bath Alty

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 09:50:54 PM »

I can't believe that any player is more likely to get spotted by a league team scout, playing for us on one or maybe two Setanta games over the course of a year than he is by playing for some league 2 team and being seen in the flesh by a scout.

Personally (hides behind sofa with tin hat on ready for abuse) I am slightly disappointed we signed Elam.  Given we already have top quality right wing in Denham and good forwards in Johnson, Little and Senior as well as plenty of cover for these positions I would rather have spent the budget on another quality centre half where we are short of options.  Given the choice of Elam or Shotton I'd take Shotton - I know the wage demands are likely to be different but I have a nagging concern that the attitudes might be too.

Please disregard all the above if you believe that living 100+ miles from the ground and not seeing any pre-season games precludes me from having a valid opinion based soley on Mr Laidlair's match reports and views expressed on here from people who have seen these guys playing pre-season. 

Dougals Dad

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »

I can't believe that any player is more likely to get spotted by a league team scout, playing for us on one or maybe two Setanta games over the course of a year than he is by playing for some league 2 team and being seen in the flesh by a scout.

Personally (hides behind sofa with tin hat on ready for abuse) I am slightly disappointed we signed Elam.  Given we already have top quality right wing in Denham and good forwards in Johnson, Little and Senior as well as plenty of cover for these positions I would rather have spent the budget on another quality centre half where we are short of options.  Given the choice of Elam or Shotton I'd take Shotton - I know the wage demands are likely to be different but I have a nagging concern that the attitudes might be too.

Please disregard all the above if you believe that living 100+ miles from the ground and not seeing any pre-season games precludes me from having a valid opinion based soley on Mr Laidlair's match reports and views expressed on here from people who have seen these guys playing pre-season. 

I, for one, agree!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »

Disagree. Sorry.

I am sure another defender will come in, and maybe on as and when is required on loan. I think people are gettin a little over excited with Ryan Shotton being able to sign for Alty. Love him back but would only ever had seen that as a loan and not a signing.

We now have Young and McGregor. Who knew Senior was going to have such a good pre-season and Elam is a class act. I believe with the 'attacking options' it will maybe force GH's hand to play more attacking and this is what the majority of the fans want. I know its not feesible in every game but it will mean one hell of an attacking bench  :)

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »

Given the choice of Elam or Shotton I'd take Shotton

I dont think anyone can disagree with that though, surely?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

I dont think anyone can disagree with that though, surely?

Yes, me.

If Elam plays half as well for us as he normally does against us Little and co will be getting 5 or 6 good chances a game. Will make a change from 1 every game or so as it was last year. I'm sure the defence will be okay now we have two recognised CB's.

Jenga

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »

Well with Senior now injured (maybe for a few weeks) I think Elam is a definate must.

Whislt I love Ryan (in a manly sort of way) I believe that Elam completes a great midfield. My initial concern was why have him and Denham.

But with Elam playing left mid for the last two games I believe he offers a greater chance of getting better results than Ryan at centre back.

Dont get me wrong though if we got the chance and could afford Ryan as well then it would be HAPPY DAYS.

I do feel we still need another cente back but Lane to cente back and Robbie to left worked well last night and with Denham playing infront of robbie who overlapped it look nice sometimes.

Longman

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »

Well with Senior now injured (maybe for a few weeks) I think Elam is a definate must.

Whislt I love Ryan (in a manly sort of way) I believe that Elam completes a great midfield. My initial concern was why have him and Denham.

But with Elam playing left mid for the last two games I believe he offers a greater chance of getting better results than Ryan at centre back.

Dont get me wrong though if we got the chance and could afford Ryan as well then it would be HAPPY DAYS.

I do feel we still need another cente back but Lane to cente back and Robbie to left worked well last night and with Denham playing infront of robbie who overlapped it look nice sometimes.

Do we know the extent of Seniors' injury?

Jenga

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

I dont but it looked like he sprained his ankle badly at first. However he managed to walk off the pitch pretty much on his own accordand didnt hobble too much.

If it is a sprain he could be out for anything up to a month and half but if it is it looked a light sprain and could be two to three weeks. Twisted ankle maybe two weeks.

Perhaps someone knows his true injuries?

So we hav Young, Meechan, Owen and Senior out injured now.It shows we need depth in the players as we are down to 15 already (I think).

Alex

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »

young isn't injured he has a busted lip (nothing that will stop you playing) he was at moss lane last night and when i asked him how he was he said he was fine, just glad the swelling had gone down.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »

young isn't injured he has a busted lip (nothing that will stop you playing) he was at moss lane last night and when i asked him how he was he said he was fine, just glad the swelling had gone down.
was he with miss non league?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »

I heard that Senior had heavy bruising.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »

Sorry, I was thinking of Meecham (heavy bruising). Stuart Coburn has a groin strain.

Jenga

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »

I wouldnt like to play with 20 stitches in my mouth, mind you he probably has a much higher PV rating that i do.

I wonder if his girlfriend will dump him now as he clearly wont be as good at kissing. Now that would be worth me working on my PV levels.

Bath Alty

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »

Looks like we might have a little bit of budget left yet!

"Another name still on Alty fans' lips is Ryan Shotton, the impressive young defender who spent the second part of last season on loan at Alty from Stoke City. Having been released by Bournemouth his future is currently unclear, making a possible Moss Lane return the talk of the Robins' faithful. But a move looks unlikely at the moment, with Shotton making it known that he wants to play in the Football League. But Heathcote hasn't given up hope and hopes to review Shotton's situation in a month’s time".

From the main site quoting SAM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth