PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth  (Read 10926 times)

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
Re: Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »

I think the budget will be well and truly spent now!

I think our cover is OK...

RB - Lane, Batts
CB - Lane, Young, McGregor
LB - Doughty, Peyton

If we got Shotts all three of our centre halves would be first team material, and that could cause an issue for the one that doesnt get in.

If Lane gets injured then we have no cover at RB or CB then.

Narcissist

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »

"Little should be released. FACT!"

On the Glue again!

UHU

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 12:06:25 PM »

Sorry, meant to be reply that last one.

Meant to say ...

If Lane is injured then we have no cover at RB or CB & that would leave us short.

So getting Shotton back must be an option if finances can hold up.

Alex

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »

we have batts to cover at right back and i doubt we are going into the season with a squad of 19 players, be patient has GH let us down so far this pre season?

AltySi

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:36 PM »

Come on guys, be realistic, we're not going to get Shotton back, much as I'd love to!.

Let it go.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 12:57:21 PM »

Would love to see him back at Moss Lane. The comment about us having three central defenders and one getting upset is a tremendous though, playing for places is the best position to be in

But as mentioned above he is above our level I believe, but I am as sure as ecky we have spent our budget and we have a squad of 19 players. Even on loan I am sure we would have pay wages.

Wasn't there talk a few weeks ago about Street or Danylyk also being able to play in defence ?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 01:27:19 PM »

Would love to see him back at Moss Lane. The comment about us having three central defenders and one getting upset is a tremendous though, playing for places is the best position to be in

But as mentioned above he is above our level I believe, but I am as sure as ecky we have spent our budget and we have a squad of 19 players. Even on loan I am sure we would have pay wages.

Wasn't there talk a few weeks ago about Street or Danylyk also being able to play in defence ?
if kevin street told me he could play in defence i'd believe him.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

Don't get me wrong, if we got Shotton back it would be immense. 

However we mustn't get spoilt.  Thats what i mean.

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »

Don't get me wrong, if we got Shotton back it would be immense. 

However we mustn't get spoilt.  Thats what i mean.

I know what you mean  ;D but perhaps your just looking for a reaction to your post - I know someone else who does that  :o

markecky

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

Believe me, after my PM mauling I have no intention of looking for a reaction to my posts.

I just play devils advocate sometimes. 

I bet there is a "don't get carried away" article coming soon!

baldrick

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »

Stoke never rated Shotton good enough to play for them last season so they won't want him in the premier league. If Altrincham make a good start there is a fair chance of appearing on Setanta a few times. If Shotton is looking for a league club he has a better chance appearing on television with Altrincham rather than any club outside the premier league.

fuertes

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »

Stoke never rated Shotton good enough to play for them last season so they won't want him in the premier league. If Altrincham make a good start there is a fair chance of appearing on Setanta a few times. If Shotton is looking for a league club he has a better chance appearing on television with Altrincham rather than any club outside the premier league.

Good point. A little presumptuous perhaps in terms of us making a good enough start for Setanta to be all over us, but I reckon Ryan has genuine affection for Alty and the gap between top of the Conference and bottom of League 2 is small in my opinion.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »

I cant believe people think we should'nt try and get him, he could be worth an extra 5 points a season playing consistantly for us, pace at the back is needed

I think people are gettign a bit giddy about how much we have to spend...that what I mean.

If people can suggest not starting the leagues third top scorer I sure can suggest not being able to afford Ryan Shotton.

Ha ha excellent Mark love it - there really are some crack pots on here
ParkINson's red and white army

Longman

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »

Good point. A little presumptuous perhaps in terms of us making a good enough start for Setanta to be all over us, but I reckon Ryan has genuine affection for Alty and the gap between top of the Conference and bottom of League 2 is small in my opinion.

Definately agree with this, Ryan loved playing for us last year, he was totally committed and you could see how passionate he was about the cause. 

If you need an example just look at how he celebrated his goals against Sailsbury at home!

Stockportalty

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »

Is there not more chance of Ryan playing for us some time this season than us getting on Setanta, we would actually have to have a game televised for other teams to see him play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Shotton released by Bournemouth