PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 12am Kick Off ?  (Read 19240 times)

Narcissist

Re: 12am Kick Off ?
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:08 PM »

Can someone please explain to me what this will achieve? Will Wrexham kick-off at 12 for every away game at the weekend?

There really is no sense in this. We have less than a handful of fans interested in causing trouble and in any case even they arent daft enough to get wrecked on a bank holiday and try it on with 1500 Wrexham fans. Surely every other club in the league poses the same threat.

What would happen if, dare i mention it, we ended up a league club. Would we play all games where there is potential for over 500 away fans at 6 o clock on monday mornings so the police could sleep in peace.

I urge Wrexham fans to organise a day out in alty after the match. All 1200 drinking through the day in the pubs of alty, just to annoy the coppers.

This is a most blatant example of lazy policing!

RocketDan

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 04:14:47 PM »

I hope all the wrexham fans enjoy their day out and don't bring a drum.

why is it not 12:45pm kick off? thats a real football time

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

Spoons at 9!  ;D

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 04:33:06 PM »

I don't recall the Cheshire police wanting to move the Chester races to a 10am start because 30,000 people decend onto Chester and get totally rat-arsed, but soon as Chester play Wrexham or Shrewsbury, the police start pannicking because more than 2,000 supporters will be going to watch Chester and you end up with about a million police on patrol. You are thinking they can cope with 30,000 racegoers but they can't cope with 4,000 football supporters.
They really should be beating teams like us

Red_Army_Wrexham

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

Spoons at 9!  ;D

That's what im going to do, train from Chester-Altrincham with plenty of cans, get to The Unicorn at 9, next pub at 11 and to the ground at 11.55.

Longman

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »

F*cking rubbish news, i'm at Leeds festival so am going to have to set off ridiculously early if I want to make it, and I really can't see that happening with the state I'll be in!  >:(

Red_Army_Wrexham

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »

F*cking rubbish news, i'm at Leeds festival so am going to have to set off ridiculously early if I want to make it, and I really can't see that happening with the state I'll be in!  >:(

A few of my mates are at Creamfields saturday and sunday, woud think a few of them miss the game because they wont be up in time!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »

It seems to me to be totally over the top on the part of the Bobbies.
We should be welcoming Wrexham (and Mansfield for that matter) to the world of Non-League football for whatever time they are with us and be showing them a cordial welcome and the friendly side to the game.
There's no reason to expect any more trouble than, for example, when Vics came the other Boxing Day and brought a similar number (less likelihood actually as there's no 'history' between us)
I personally hope all the Wrexham fans coming to the game come in the right spirit, enjoy their day out at Alty ...

... and take defeat in a gentlemanly fashion  ::) ::) :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:37 PM »

I thought they might have moved it because united were at home in the evening, but ive just discovered that they are actually away! Oh well, it hardly matters, the conference is becoming more and more like a league three anyway, so we better just get used to it,the old bill will have their reasons for moving it.

fuertes

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »

As it happens this kick off time actually suits me becasue I'm in Alty for the weekend, yet I'm still a little pissed off because if it becomes a regular thing it really won't suit those of us who have to travel. It's GMP for the love of God; thousands of officers were anything to look threatening. Plus, I don't recall Wrexham having a particular reputation for smashing up medium sized towns with a non-league football club and no 'firm'.

markecky

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »

We should be welcoming Wrexham (and Mansfield for that matter) to the world of Non-League football for whatever time they are with us and be showing them a cordial welcome and the friendly side to the game.
There's no reason to expect any more trouble than, for example, when Vics came the other Boxing Day and brought a similar number (less likelihood actually as there's no 'history' between us)
I personally hope all the Wrexham fans coming to the game come in the right spirit, enjoy their day out at Alty ...

If we want to run with the big boys then we have to take this kind of thing.  I'm afraid "all good friends in the non league world" is not always applicable.

Not picking at you Saughall, but the Northwich/Wrexham comparison is ludicrous.  Wrexham have named firms and 70 banning orders.  Northwich have gobby 16 yr olds and a couple of fella's who are old enough to know better.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »

A few of my mates are at Creamfields saturday and sunday, woud think a few of them miss the game because they wont be up in time!

be 'ard it ends at 11 on the sunday loads of sleep time! saturday is the rave night!

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »

I agree with Ecky's pragmatic view but whyy can't we kick off at 3pm....call the cops at 3.15pm and then wait for them to arrive on Monday with a crime number for us?

After the Utd debacle this reminds me of the famous NTNON line where the Americans want to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really prompt this time.

Welcome to the hardline Blue Square Premiere World of non league Wrexham....and no you can't drink on the terraces...waddya think this is?........Bamber bridge?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »

At least feel gratitude that unlike Droylsden we are not away at hucknall on that day, or like farsley home to blyth spartans.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

If we want to run with the big boys then we have to take this kind of thing.  I'm afraid "all good friends in the non league world" is not always applicable.

Not picking at you Saughall, but the Northwich/Wrexham comparison is ludicrous.  Wrexham have named firms and 70 banning orders.  Northwich have gobby 16 yr olds and a couple of fella's who are old enough to know better.

I know what you mean Ecky, but what I was getting at was that there's no reason to expect trouble.
Whilst we perhaps must be prepared for the possibility, I can't really see that moving the KO time to 12 would make any difference.
As has been said elsewhere, those who wish to drink will arrive with can and go to Witherspoons for brekky and beer at 9am.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?