PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 12am Kick Off ?  (Read 19241 times)

Alty365

Re: 12am Kick Off ?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 02:59:35 PM »

I have not been abusive to you in any way, just stated a few facts. You are a contrary smart-arse who deliberately says things just to be contraversial. Just keep it on confguide with your other silly little chums.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »

Yes I can see how that's not abusive. From now on i'll abide by the rules that you are entitled to your opinion but I am not entitled to mine.

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Yes I can see how that's not abusive. From now on i'll abide by the rules that you are entitled to your opinion but I am not entitled to mine.

Are you on drugs? When did I say you are not entitled to your opinion?

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:57 PM »

I prefer an early kick off for games that don't involve travelling a long distance. Get an early train and pile into the nearest Wetherspoons for breakfast and beer. The game will be finished by 2pm allowing plenty of time for more beer before getting the train back and arriving home in time for more beer.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

ah, you see to me the whole point of going to a football match is to go to the football match.

Of course the whole point of the "day out " is ultimatley the game; however it is also nice to rejoice in the splender of your surroundings as well.

Each to there own. If we were all alike it would be a very dull world.
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »

An away day to me is just that, an away day. A few decent pints before and lots more after. The football is the break you need to get that second wind.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »

An away day to me is just that, an away day. A few decent pints before and lots more after. The football is the break you need to get that second wind.

Here here! have a goodwin
ParkINson's red and white army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »

Last season we played Millwall at home in the FA Cup and the 3pm kickoff time remained, after a big debate.
So I cant see Wrexham fans posing a bigger security risk.
However the Cops may enforce the closure of local pubs like they did for the Millwall match - that will not go down well with our local Publicans as Summer Bank Holiday Monday is a big payday without any matches, whereas the FA Cup is played on a freezing cold miserable Saturday afternoon in November.
I also recall a lot of Wrexham lads in the late 70's use to drink in the Station Hotel before United matches.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »

This is all particularly amusing as I am flying back from belfast for the day to see the game and if changed to midday will miss the first half. Booster, pasty rat connector
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Red_dragon

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »

Most of the troublmakers/hooligans are banned from Wrexham games thank god, last season over 70 we're banned from attending games due to F.B.O.

Really looking forward to this game, should be 1,400-1,800 there from Wrexham depending on how well we are doing.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »

Red Dragon (and other Wrexham fans on here)

What's Danny Williams like?

Alty365

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »

Really looking forward to this game, should be 1,400-1,800 there from .......... depending on how well we are doing.

You just don't see quotes like this from Solihull fans. I can't wait for this game!

Alex

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 08:51:32 AM »

Most of the troublmakers/hooligans are banned from Wrexham games thank god, last season over 70 we're banned from attending games due to F.B.O.

Really looking forward to this game, should be 1,400-1,800 there from Wrexham depending on how well we are doing.

good to hear, cannot wait for this game. still not sure where we are gonna put you all !?!?!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »

won't we move the segregation down the pop side a little? We should be able to take the then?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

the segregation should be moved so that a third goes to Wrexham, the raised section is a sterile area and alty get the other third.

More than enough space for both teams fans then and much easier to police.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?