PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 12am Kick Off ?  (Read 19239 times)

WrecsamFan

12am Kick Off ?
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

Rumors on our fanzine "Red Passion" that your local police want to change the game to a 12am - 1pm kick off. Opposed to a 3pm one. This change of time would be a major blow to MOST of our fans as the plan of a few drinks goes out of the window. Anyone else heard this.

Thanks

WrecsamFan !

Alty365

Re: 12am Kick Off ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »

I have not heard anything about this but I would think the lack of opportunity to drink would be the whole point behind such an idea.

Personally, I hope it stays at 3pm as the attendance will inevitably suffer if it doesn't. I would put money on floating fans turning up at 2.45pm to find the game almost over.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:46:42 AM »

To be honest, I don't think many people will turn up for a midnight kick off.  ;)

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »

To be honest, I don't think many people will turn up for a midnight kick off.  ;)

its been scheduled around tesco's weekend closing hours.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »

I would  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »

Rumors on our fanzine "Red Passion" that your local police want to change the game to a 12am - 1pm kick off. Opposed to a 3pm one. This change of time would be a major blow to MOST of our fans as the plan of a few drinks goes out of the window. Anyone else heard this.

Thanks

WrecsamFan !

Dont take this personally our police and local supermarkets get scared when more than 15 people come into the town. Basically this will probably get hyped out of all proportion resulting in all the pubs closing forcing fans to drink in Hale and Tesco using it to gain some free publicity but then at the last minute staying open.-How United and City cope with more than 15 away fans is a total mystery.

Hope it stays at 3pm.
ParkINson's red and white army

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

Why would a noon kick-off affect attendance? Wrexham isn't exactly the other end of the county, or even the other end of a different country.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 01:08:18 PM »

Why would a noon kick-off affect attendance? Wrexham isn't exactly the other end of the county, or even the other end of a different country.

A lot of fans( espically away ones) go for the day out EG drinking a few before the game meeting the opposing fans visiting pubs. Thats what i try and do when going to an away game. Some may not bother if they cant do this.
ParkINson's red and white army

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »

ah, you see to me the whole point of going to a football match is to go to the football match.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »

ah, you see to me the whole point of going to a football match is to go to the football match.

same here not bothered about the social aspect if i was i would support fc united

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »

The time will affect the away attendance no doubt, bearing in mind it's a pain getting up even earlier, some people play football themselves in the morning and others work untill midday.

When we played Chester on a tuesday we soldl out (1,800) when the game is played 12KO on a sunday we took 1,300. Same happend at Shrewsbury.

Let's all  hope it's a 3KO, depending on how well we are doing an early kick off should knock 500 of the away attendance.

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 01:32:45 PM »

You know very well that it would affect the attendance, but as usual you would rather be a contrary smart-arse than see sense. No doubt you will make one of your hilarious "movies" about it to be posted on Confguide in due course.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »

Worrying isn't it that same set of police look after 70,000+ at OT and 50,000 at City .... Amazin....

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »

And funnily enough large numbers of them drink in Alty before making their way to the respective stadia.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »

You know very well that it would affect the attendance, but as usual you would rather be a contrary smart-arse than see sense. No doubt you will make one of your hilarious "movies" about it to be posted on Confguide in due course.

Actually I don't know why it would make a difference. It wouldn't make a difference to me going to Wrexham. If you want to get personally abusive put it in a PM.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?