PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chips and gravy...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Chips and gravy...  (Read 12412 times)

thegazelle

Re: Chips and gravy...
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »

Yorur stoppers have been stopping without issue for many a year, its the young stoppers we need to get a grip of now.

[/quote]

I believe the new young variety are correctly termed "whipper stoppers"

I know i started off with an anti stopper stance but after taking in the magnificence of my grade two stoppers i feel i have to make a opposite stance and in answer to CROSS i Have started
 a stopper protection group .....The Right (to) Use Stoppers on the Snack bar henceforth known as TRUSS when i have members from all over the country we will be known as the National TRUSS . I have to go now as i have a manifesto to write may  i suggest before people make rash decisions they consider the parallel problem of random stoppers by reading this article
www.thesite.org/community/reallife/rants/randomstoppers

Jezza

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:49 PM »

There's only one way to sort this out amicably and maturely........

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »

Before anyone is dumb and stupid enough to follow the Gazelle's link I would like to point out the site is about random stoppers (those people who suddenly stop in front of you when you are out walking) as oposed to the catering window health and safety shutters variety discussed in this thread.

I should know I followed it.....that Jess sounds a barrel of laughs...
Jess, 20, is studying magazine journalism. She loves being near the sea, hanging out with friends and shopping.

markecky

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

Yorur stoppers have been stopping without issue for many a year, its the young stoppers we need to get a grip of now.

I believe the new young variety are correctly termed "whipper stoppers"

I know i started off with an anti stopper stance but after taking in the magnificence of my grade two stoppers i feel i have to make a opposite stance and in answer to CROSS i Have started
 a stopper protection group .....The Right (to) Use Stoppers on the Snack bar henceforth known as TRUSS when i have members from all over the country we will be known as the National TRUSS . I have to go now as i have a manifesto to write may  i suggest before people make rash decisions they consider the parallel problem of random stoppers by reading this article
www.thesite.org/community/reallife/rants/randomstoppers
[/quote]

Absolutely loving whipper stoppers....

Jezza

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »

Absolutely loving whipper stoppers....

3 things from forum legend still make giggle when I think of them

1) Pete Read's story of standing next to the players tunnel, throwing out his fist and bellowing "C'MON ALTY" causing Lawrence Iro to flinch
2) Efan tha cuckoo
3) The Gateshead car story.

Whipper stoppers may yet become the next story of legend to pass down to our grandchildren.

Stoppers out...shame the MLF aint there anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chips and gravy...