PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chips and gravy...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Chips and gravy...  (Read 12418 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chips and gravy...
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »

We have already had it on good authority from an expert in catering, that the problem is one of unwelcome stoppers, not one of hatch sizing.

No sooner does the Club put up a new building, then someone on this forum is advocating partial demolition.

The campaign for the removal of the stoppers goes on, despite this inevitable sniping from the sceptics.

;D

Knock it down...

Jenga

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »

This made me laugh.

My wife stsrted working with food a year ago and has two NVQ's - they are about as hard to get as cycling proficiency and 10m swimming badge. I would say though that level 2 NVQ is well above the standard of the 25m badge though.

Congrats to Mr Black on your acheivement.

Ps which top restaurant do you work in then?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »

despite this inevitable sniping from the sceptics.

what have the americans got to do with it?

oh sceptics

a little cockerknee 'humour' there
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:48:20 PM by jiminlondon »

Daycare Dan

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

Didn't go on Saturday. Can I still get Balti pies?

dawno

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Sure can  :)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

Chips and curry sauce walks all over C&G, but not the sappy stuff from basic chippies, either Chinese sauce or better. I worked for a while in Guide Bridge nr Hyde in the early 80's, there was an asian chippy that did plain curry, madras or vindaloo sauce on chips. Awesome.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:31 PM »

flaggerN

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »

Any chance we can remove the stoppers and play them in the back four ;D

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »

I liked the stoppers, thought they added to the ambiance of the snack bar.  Run a poll vote I think you will find that most prefer stoppers.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »

I liked the stoppers, thought they added to the ambiance of the snack bar.  Run a poll vote I think you will find that most prefer stoppers.

There is a few know it alls on here who have dreams of being snack bar manager from what I can see.  They should get a life and stop being monumentally disrespectful to stoppers.

Alty365

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »

I would love to read the phd thesis that proves conclusively that the use of stoppers in necessary.  ;D

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:21 AM »

There is a few know it alls on here who have dreams of being snack bar manager from what I can see.  They should get a life and stop being monumentally disrespectful to stoppers.

If only they had the necessary NVQ in Catering, this whole argument could then have been avoided. Why can't people see that a little education can bring about peace on the forum/snack bar.

I understand that the war in the Middle East was caused by an unsuspecting cafe owner not having an NVQ. Someone took exception to being sold a chip barm through a larger than average hatch!!

thegazelle

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »

i have had enough of this,  as has been pointed out i am a proffesional caterer and am stuck with my grade two listed stoppers.
it is easy for you guys who think you know it all when you only been playing restaurant manager on your nintendos to suggest removal of stoppers but think of the historic point of view my stoppers are here to stop wther i like it or not i couldnt replace them
the gazelle...... doing a turn round on my view on stoppers remember stoppers are the future

markecky

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:16 PM »

i have had enough of this,  as has been pointed out i am a proffesional caterer and am stuck with my grade two listed stoppers.
it is easy for you guys who think you know it all when you only been playing restaurant manager on your nintendos to suggest removal of stoppers but think of the historic point of view my stoppers are here to stop wther i like it or not i couldnt replace them
the gazelle...... doing a turn round on my view on stoppers remember stoppers are the future

With respect Gazelle, its an unfair comparison on your Grade 2 listed stoppers and the new breed of Jonny comelately stoppers that have caused this whole mess.

Yorur stoppers have been stopping without issue for many a year, its the young stoppers we need to get a grip of now.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

Oh I see..the stoppers backlash starts here does it?

Well, I'll have you know that since starting the Campaign for the Removal Of  Stoppers on the Snack bar (CROSS), I've had a monumental response, as it appears that this is a global problem. CROSS is now open to members (subject to terms and conditions) and we're now fast approaching 3 members already, AND I still have to hear from my 2nd cousin, who lives in Silesia.

CROSS has  been contacted by a plethora of organisations, all up in arms about the presence of these stoppers, and I'd like to thank them for their support. Except for British Stoppers Association who were incredibly rude, but who are well known to be a neo nazi fascist pro-stoppers organisation of the worst kind.

And could the lady who promised to give me a good seeing to with her stoppers please contact me again on my private email.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chips and gravy...