PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 127638 times)

timperley

Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWNOy44lHc

Interesting that the person who posted this video has an FCUM logo by their username.

You still sure there definitely weren't any FCUM fans at today's game?

Knowone is saying that were NO FCUM fans there, people are saying that they may have not been causing truoble yet are for some reason getting the blame ???

Alty365

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2008, 11:30:14 PM »

But somebody was saying there was bullying. So no Alty fan was attacked or approached. Some pretty poor bullying going on there methinks.

A female volunteer was punched in the face. How does this not constitute bullying?

You are deluded and as bad as those whose actions you seek to defend.

the truth

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2008, 11:30:49 PM »

All united fans are one-eyed scum and always have been. You won't get any apology from the club. Fc united fans were once regular scum fans remember? Just because they support a different team now doesn't mean that they are not scum anymore

Alty365

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »

Interesting that the person who posted this video has an FCUM logo by their username.

Knowone is saying that were NO FCUM fans there, people are saying that they may have not been causing truoble yet are for some reason getting the blame ???

Your spelling is an embarrassment!

At least one person has stated in this thread that there were definitely no FCUM fans there today.

timperley

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2008, 12:38:26 AM »

Your spelling is an embarrassment!

At least one person has stated in this thread that there were definitely no FCUM fans there today.

It's only a forum, spelling doesnt really matter although I didn't realise I had spelt trouble wrong :-[ :) and who ever has said that no FCUM fans were there are oviously wrong but all I'm saying is that there getting the blame when it wasn't even a FCUM match!! :o

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2008, 01:45:02 AM »

CB, I think you owe an apology to the stewards and club officials. Your criticism is way over the top.....in previous years parents with small children turned up ! Not k**b heads !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

chrisrufc

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2008, 01:49:51 AM »

I'm saying is that there getting the blame when it wasn't even a FCUM match!! Shocked

FCUM fans don't support MUFC?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2008, 06:22:24 AM »

Let's have it right, Manchester United Football Club might be local to us but the gates/money/hassle we get at PSFs vs them we might as well play Stockport or Rotherham. We don't need to be patronised once a year by the local United fans to hassle our stewards, vandalise our ground, attempt to assault our players and generally act the balloon. Why the devil don't we play City next year? The gate was what about 700ish, 300 less then than our league average last season, frankly we don't need their money.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »

I'm sorry but I don't think my criticism is so over the top. I agree that the stewards were blameless in the 2nd half, but I stand by my comments that things could have been nipped in the bud earlier. The kids running on the pitch at half time were there for an age before someone reacted. I know because as soon as it happened I looked to the stewards and they were not paying attention. The Alty fans around me were asking what the stewards were doing.

Steve, I'm Clare from Sale. I'm sorry if you think I have singled you out. I understand that you volunteer and don't expect the aggro you got.

However (and this is not directed at you) it was clear from the start that trouble was brewing. Why weren't more stewards located in the away end? Apparently no arrests were made so what happened to the lad that punched the unfortunate woman in the face?

How did so much alcohol get through?

I didn't know that the police had been called earlier - I don't suppose they'll tell us why they took so long!

I hope that United will pay for the damage to be fixed and the board make the decision ASAP that the FCUM match is cancelled and we will play neither team again. There are loads of local sides (City, Stockport, Bolton, Rochdale etc) that we should try and forge bonds with and distance ourselves from United who, whatever they say, attract troublemakers intent on nothing more than causing destruction.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

having just read all this I am shocked to see all this trouble caused by United fans at a reserve team game.I agree with Mark you should NOT need to segregate fans at a friendly and I have never seen it done.To put the blame on FCUM with out proof is a bit like a red flag to a bull if the game against them goes ahead just think how their fans are going to react,ok some justifacation with the stickers but not proof as such,it could have been United fans that hate FCUM and had a point to prove over Glazier.As for playing friendlies against good teams could not agree more we should be,Living in Exeter i have noticed that the teams down here do play against teams like Portsmounth first team brentford and even plymouth.We used to play friendlies against the likes of Bury Rochdale and Stockport and even United reserves :-[ I can understand playing Trafford as the club has close links with them but lets get some decent local league teams there are enough in the area.
I just hope the lady that was attacted is ok.
As for the Police do you honestly expect them to turn up when trouble is actually going on.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:44:39 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

Here we go again the season has not started and i am having to defend the actions of the stewards.
My name is Darren Gregory i go under the voluntary role of stadium safety officier.

Todays event took me and several members of the club by surprise having been involed with several Man utd friendlies and resevre games before.

1. The club was not informed of any pre planned trouble and there has never been a history of trouble playing Man utd 11,
I recongised a lot of genuine MU supporters from when there reserves played at moss lane.

2.What were the stewards/people at the gate doing letting in clearly drunk people with 6 packs of lager?
The amount of alcohol we did take off the fans was quite large but with only 12 stewards on duty we just couldn't search everyone.

3. Before you question why there were only 12 stewards on duty, is that is all we had available due to holidays, leaving the job (which i will not be surprised if some more don't after today's event and criticism) and since may the 29th i have been advertising this http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=5688.0

4. Why wasn't the match segregated? The day i have to segregate a friendly is the day i retire from the stewarding staff.

5.Why wasn't it nipped in the bud 2 minutes into the game?
It was myself who was talking to there fans and trying to identify the culprit who had pushed the way past a female member of staff
after waying up the situation it was decided we couldnt have a positive id and being totally out numberd it was best to back off and observe from a distance and call the police for advice.

6. Why wasn't the police called earlier? After the above point 5 i phoned the police about 1510hrs and informed them of the situation, Having explained what was going on and asking for a police presence to assess the stituation i was informed by the operater that some one would be there in 5 minutes.

7. What were the stewards doing when anti-Glazer stickers were being stuck to the barriers/floodlights? the only place i was told it was done was in the bar where we took them down.

8. What were the stewards doing in the 2nd half when the fans were standing on the barriers, openly drinking, setting off flares and kicking the hell out of the Golf Road stand? Standing by idly whilst watching the match?
The police officier arrived at the ground at 1550 i told him of the situation he assessed it and said there is a Tactical aid unit on its way and left saying if it gets any worse phone 999. I decided for the safety of the fans and the stewards it was best to step back and observe to avoid further confrontation. The first rule of being a steward is do not put yourself or any fan at risk.

9. Why wasn't the match called off earlier? That is down to referee.

10.Why wasn't the game stopped and an announcement over the PA system telling them to pack it in or it would be called off?
This would have antaganised the situation i believe and caused further disorder.

11. 1640 after several 999 calls by myself and other members of staff and fans the same police officier who had earlier attended turned up with blues and two's on just in time to see the pitch invasion and said there was further back up on the way Which arrived just as the game had ended. These officiers were all local so where was the ta unit that had been tasked?
This isn't the first time the response time has been slow to any incident at our ground from police or ambulance services.

12. No arrest were made but several names and address were taken and they were videoed for the police.

13. From the start of match or after the first incident i had 2 photograpers take as many pictures as they could of this big group.
Having seen some off the pictures i will be passing them on to the police so they can take further actions.

14. To be fair having criticised the police for there response time once on the ground they did a good job trying to detain as many of them as possible.

Rant over lets enjoy the season also plenty of vacancys still available on the totally clueless stewarding team thank you.

@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »

Just a couple of points that may be worth making here.

I was told by one of the Police Officers (when they arrived) that the majority of the people leaving the ground who were identified as having been involved were known FCUM followers who were not averse to causing problems where they thought that they could.

There has been no problem relating to recent matches against Manchester United fixtures, which have incidentally been played midweek when the idiots (a) are less likely to come and (b) Have had less time to drink.

Pre seasons are always difficult as Stewards, like everybody else have to take their Holidays sometime so sometimes the numbers aren't what you might want but for a 'no recent history' fixture like Man Utd XI no problem was anticipated.

It might seem crass to say this CB but I can now that I've retired. The Club needs all the help it can get - If you have any suggestions as to how things might be improved it may be a more productive use of your key strokes to contact the Club rather than come on here criticising our volunteer Stewards for not getting battered.

The scenes, particularly toward the end of the match were not pretty, I'll grant you that and it did look as though nothing was being done BUT all the miscreants were in one area of the ground, not all over causing trouble with the Home Support and the decent MUFC fans..this was down to the deployment of staff at both ends of the Golf Road Terrace.

All miscreants were photographed and the invasion videoed so it is possible to trace these people.

And can I just ask please that you have a thought for Darren Gregory who (pardon my french), together with the staff, worked his bollocks off yesterday to try to control the situation.

WELL DONE DARREN and the Team - from someone who has experienced life on the front line

Dougals Dad

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »

Just a couple of points that may be worth making here.

I was told by one of the Police Officers (when they arrived) that the majority of the people leaving the ground who were identified as having been involved were known FCUM followers who were not averse to causing problems where they thought that they could.

WELL DONE DARREN and the Team - from someone who has experienced life on the front line

Says it all about FCUM fans!

Silkyman23

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »

It'll be ineteresting to see what the media coverage of this is. If it had been Millwall fans getting a friendly abandoned, then they would be nailed tothe wall for it.

the game doesn't even get a mention in the results page in today's News of the World. Which is strange for a Manchester United XI.

Will it be hidden from the records to prevent the media having to mention anything negative about one of their favourite clubs?

For the record about the police, Macc played Blackburn in front of 2,000 last week and had no police there. No one should need to have police at a pre-season friendly. you can't blame anyone at the club for that.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

I hate to agree with a Macc fan, but some good points there.

I also notice the match was not on the BBC Sport website fixtures or results
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace