PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Author Topic: Absolute Disgrace  (Read 127620 times)

baldrick

Re: Absolute Disgrace
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

There is an article about the trouble in today's Non League paper (nothing about the game). Instead of scrapping this fixture in future why not play it at Old Trafford? This would probably attract more Alty fans than a game at Moss Lane and if there is any trouble the Old Trafford staff would be more capable of dealing with it. Forget about the police, they are useless and cause more problems than they solve.

Jezza

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

Not having been there yesterday I am horrified to read of events.

First of all well done to Darren for a mature concise reply and explanation.

I can only read what has been said and come to my own conclusions.....one of which is that the FCUM match should be called off.

We've never had a spot of bother with Manchester United matches which are a regular fixture in our friendly calendar and are usually a pleasure to attend

chrisrufc

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »

It's interesting how police in different areas deal with football, we had loads of police at our game against Derby yesterday which no doubt we had to pay for) where as it seems GMP couldn't really be bothered

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2008, 12:57:08 PM »

I think its irelevant really who these people support; they are nobs who the vast majority live locally to Altrincham.

What a sad bunch of losers who come to a friendly family club to vent there lifes frustrations here.

You are not welcome please do not return.
ParkINson's red and white army

zutroy

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »

You people are really something, do you know that?

A lot of you Alty fans are SO desperate to hate us FCUM fans aren't you? Even when our team isn't even playing yours, we get the blame because there was trouble casued by MUFC fans who share our dislike of Glazer. You've had numerous Man Utd fans on this forum who are not FC fans (one of which even saying he hates us!) apologising on behalf of MUFC and saying that there were very few FC fans at this game. And as stated earlier, a good 300+ FCUM fans, includung myself, were at Kettering Town for our first friendly game of the season, and there wasn't an ounce of trouble. Yet you're STILL desperate to blame FC for all your club's ills, all because TWO YEARS AGO one of our fans, who was subsequenly banned from the club until the following year, chased a couple of lads at your ground. I've been following FC since the very beginning and I know this to be pretty much the only example of our fans instigating trouble. The rest of it has been instigated by locals looking for fights with a "mini-Man U" (Salford, Newcastle Town, Bacup etc)

To those Alty fans on here who say it's harsh to blame FCUM with no proof, I say a big well done to you and congratulations for using your brain. To the rest of you blaming a completely seperate club for the actions of a few yesterday without a shred of said proof, take a good long look at yourselves. Are you going to lay the blame on us every time United fans cause trouble, even when FCUM themselves are playing in the south of England? Or just when they play Alty?

I hope Tuesday's game goes ahead, and I think that if you're a fair-minded individual, you should reserve your judgement on our behavior nowadays until you actually play FC United. I suspect however that I'm pissing in the wind with this entire post.

Good luck in the Conference again this year

nonleaguefootball

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

Good? Afternoon. First time poster on this forum, only just registered. Felt I had to make a few comments after reading about this on the FC forum.

Get things straight from the off

I am NOT an FCUM supporter

I AM a Kettering Town follower - for my sins,though not as often as I would like to be.

I attended the friendly yesterday at RR and enjoyed a comfortable victory against FCUM - 2-0, could have been TWENTY - Nil.

A couple of incidents there made me visit their forum to get their take on them, that's when I noticed this "discussion"

We had an incident of infiltration into the home fans by a group of FCUM "fans" luckily our stewards dealt with them.

Reading through this ManU eleven friendly incident makes me wonder though. It seems the "hardcore" FCUM were at Kettering and all in all they weren't bad - spent a lot of cash and made quite an atmosphere ( friendly ) with their songs. Though why they think we're a small town in Corby I don't know >:(

If you go ahead with your friendly this week against them, will their "hardcore" not turn up feeling aggrieved that they have been blamed for something they were not involved in?

The "if we're going to be blamed for something we didn't do, we might as well do something anyway" syndrome might occur.

If it wasn't FCUM, which I suspect it wasn't  as others ;) have their own agendas against them, will the local chavscum/asbo/rats tip up at their friendly to kick off again knowing FCUM will get the blame?

This is a hard one but I believe all of their headcases were at our place and not yours.

Anyway, if you DO play them, if you're a half decent team you'll wipe the floor wiith them as they offered nothing against us - REALLY  ;D

Good luck, whichever action you choose.

markecky

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

You people are really something, do you know that?

A lot of you Alty fans are SO desperate to hate us FCUM fans aren't you? Even when our team isn't even playing yours, we get the blame because there was trouble casued by MUFC fans who share our dislike of Glazer. You've had numerous Man Utd fans on this forum who are not FC fans (one of which even saying he hates us!) apologising on behalf of MUFC and saying that there were very few FC fans at this game. And as stated earlier, a good 300+ FCUM fans, includung myself, were at Kettering Town for our first friendly game of the season, and there wasn't an ounce of trouble. Yet you're STILL desperate to blame FC for all your club's ills, all because TWO YEARS AGO one of our fans, who was subsequenly banned from the club until the following year, chased a couple of lads at your ground. I've been following FC since the very beginning and I know this to be pretty much the only example of our fans instigating trouble. The rest of it has been instigated by locals looking for fights with a "mini-Man U" (Salford, Newcastle Town, Bacup etc)

To those Alty fans on here who say it's harsh to blame FCUM with no proof, I say a big well done to you and congratulations for using your brain. To the rest of you blaming a completely seperate club for the actions of a few yesterday without a shred of said proof, take a good long look at yourselves. Are you going to lay the blame on us every time United fans cause trouble, even when FCUM themselves are playing in the south of England? Or just when they play Alty?

I hope Tuesday's game goes ahead, and I think that if you're a fair-minded individual, you should reserve your judgement on our behavior nowadays until you actually play FC United. I suspect however that I'm pissing in the wind with this entire post.

Good luck in the Conference again this year

100% perfectly said

..says the Non FCUM fan

Not quite perfect though..its says chased instead of assaulted.

zutroy

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »

Not quite perfect though..its says chased instead of assaulted.

Big bloody deal. It happened two years ago and the perpetrator was appproprately dealt with by our club afterwards. Are you ever going to forget about it, or are you going to let one undesirable represent our entire fanbase for all time?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »

As someone who has beenn a fan of the club for approx 12 years I have to say that the incidents during the game against FCUM 2 years ago were some of the most disgraceful scenes I have witnessed. I voiced my opinion about never playing them again shortly afterwards. In May at the public meeting I again stressed disgust that the club was choosing money over good taste and decency and vowed not attend Tuesday's game. Now after yesterdays events the club should do the right thing. Surely the cost of Police, and the loss of future supporters and sponsors will exceed any income from the game. The board need to stand firm and make the right decision or do our views not matter anymore.

zutroy

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

As someone who has beenn a fan of the club for approx 12 years I have to say that the incidents during the game against FCUM 2 years ago were some of the most disgraceful scenes I have witnessed. I voiced my opinion about never playing them again shortly afterwards. In May at the public meeting I again stressed disgust that the club was choosing money over good taste and decency and vowed not attend Tuesday's game. Now after yesterdays events the club should do the right thing. Surely the cost of Police, and the loss of future supporters and sponsors will exceed any income from the game. The board need to stand firm and make the right decision or do our views not matter anymore.
::) unbelievable. It really is like talking to a brick wall. I suggest you read my above post.

RON MANAGER

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2008, 01:56:43 PM »

gutted about what happen yesterday...

i was supposed to be going along with some work mates,mixture of fans Man U and City......

cant believe Alty got this kind of trouble at a friendly involving the two teams i love and follow and used to visit both before i had a family.

not a big fan of FC as they just seem to boss all the smaller clubs about with the massive following they have and as for what has happened in the past i dont think the "Friendly" would be a good idea...

for the record i will be taking my family to moss lane when they are older to experience the family friendly atmosphere you get at Alty.

regards

Ron

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »

As far as I recall there was more than one person causing trouble. Why was he only banned for a season?

altyaltyalty

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »

I was there today with the 'yobs' and yes I admit it was embarassing at times. I've signed up to this forum to clear FC's name and I can confirm that there was NO FC UNITED FANS at moss lane today whatsoever, and to the dick head who posted something along the lines of 'how can you hate your owner when you are european champions?' well that level of understanding of said situation suggests you shouldn't comment on it mate. Slightly annoyed about the bar getting smashed up as it's you who have to pay and most these lads were altrincham kids who had obviously seen that a group of match going reds were having a good sing song ala 1st half behind the goal. A lot of lads who went today were in Moscow and travel europe and we were just out for a sing song pre season, banging on the stands....dont be so mard lads. I can see a few football banning orders for the culprits.
I'm the D**k head who wrote it and for the record a United fan from Alty hence the support for BOTH clubs, as for not understanding the situation at United i understand it perfectly, the take over situation was not ideal but the intial fears of what could happen with it have not been the case, in fact the running of the club has not changed, ask Ferguson if you need any confirmation of that, (don't moan about seaspn ticket prices as it's still cheaper than a lot of other clubs) and regardless of what you think you don't need to come to another ground and protest to another team which really doesn't care anyway.
And for the comments of "it was just a laugh" "we were just doing things we don't normally get away with" it just confirms you came with no respect for a small local club, and no respect for the club your were representing, that being United of course as you insist that your not FCUM fans. Damage has been caused by the actions of yesterday so it is not a laughing matter for a club who runs such a tight budget. I hope the police do catch up with you so you know you can't "get away with it" at Moss Lane either!

Armageddon KTFC

« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »

I have no axe to grind either with Man.Utd. nor indeed FCUM.  I am a Kettering Town fan who attended yesterday's game against FCUM.  Our game yesterday was a segregated game and a wise move IMO as a more boorish shower I have yet to meet. I'm sure there were some decent fans amongst those with attitude but in the league FCUM are now in and games that are not segregated I can see trouble ahead.  As has been said a number of FCUM fans got into the "Home" end before being bundled through the gates to join up with the away support which DID NOT NUMBER MORE THAN 150. Like all other clubs we have numerous friendlies lined up where fans of both clubs will be free to wander from end to end so what was different yesterday.  Simple IMO. Non segregation would have meant trouble.

nonleaguefootball

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2008, 02:52:12 PM »

I have no axe to grind either with Man.Utd. nor indeed FCUM.  I am a Kettering Town fan who attended yesterday's game against FCUM.  Our game yesterday was a segregated game and a wise move IMO as a more boorish shower I have yet to meet. I'm sure there were some decent fans amongst those with attitude but in the league FCUM are now in and games that are not segregated I can see trouble ahead.  As has been said a number of FCUM fans got into the "Home" end before being bundled through the gates to join up with the away support which DID NOT NUMBER MORE THAN 150. Like all other clubs we have numerous friendlies lined up where fans of both clubs will be free to wander from end to end so what was different yesterday.  Simple IMO. Non segregation would have meant trouble.

I think there were at least double that mate, from where I was sat, there were a good few and the ones I met before and after were quite ok and knowledgeable. But hey, every club ( think "Shoe Crew" ) has their knobs, even Altrincham.

No doubt I'll get slagged for that last comment but I doubt I'll get a denial over it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolute Disgrace