PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great News another quality signing!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Great News another quality signing!  (Read 10050 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Great News another quality signing!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »

Anyone offer some one for Ace of Spades or is that not PC?

Got a great picture in one of my scrapbooks of Jackie Swindells shovelling something or other in a scrapyard whilst working part-time for Freddie Pye. If I had all the technology, I could post it...

But I haven't so you'll just have to trust me!

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »

The majority of the Alty fans seem to be 50/50 on Tinson, personally I think we will miss him next season. 

My Grandad had piles...he missed them when they'd gone :)

Lets imagine that there is a ref, he's not in the best of shape and a bit over the hill. He doesnt always keep up with play and because of this occasionally misses the odd foul or incident. On the other hand his experience is invaluable and he's seen it all before so he reads the game well enough to do a job. There's also the fact that his experience translates to leadership amongst the younger ref's, who need him and his influence. The problem is that his main qualities are unseen and masked by his age and portly stature. There's also the problem that some people are so fixated by his ungainly features that they refuse to look for the positives.

Tinno did a job for alty,and now he's gone. Fair play for trying, off you go, cheers for your effort.

Your comments on tinno are just boring and largely repetative. Lets hope that nobody views the ref mentioned above like you viewed tinno in his time at alty or he may just be feeling a bit sadder when he tucks into his half-time pie on the next day of the Sunday season.

My personal opinion is that Young and Shotton should have been the regular centre backs last season and thats judged on perfomances. Tinson had good matches but I think he was exposed on far too many occasions and for that should not have been a 'regular' .. I'd be a good leader on the pitch and get all the other players 'up for' playing for Alty but that does not make me someone you want to watch every week,.

I think Tinson would be a good COACH or person to have around the club as he has experience but does not make him a CONFERENCE player. Let me add though that he is far from one of the worst players at the club last season.

I am happy he has gone cos it worried me that he was the first name on the teamsheet.

samba

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »

The majority of the Alty fans seem to be 50/50 on Tinson, personally I think we will miss him next season. 

Lets imagine that there is a ref, he's not in the best of shape and a bit over the hill. He doesnt always keep up with play and because of this occasionally misses the odd foul or incident. On the other hand his experience is invaluable and he's seen it all before so he reads the game well enough to do a job. There's also the fact that his experience translates to leadership amongst the younger ref's, who need him and his influence. The problem is that his main qualities are unseen and masked by his age and portly stature. There's also the problem that some people are so fixated by his ungainly features that they refuse to look for the positives.

Tinno did a job for alty,and now he's gone. Fair play for trying, off you go, cheers for your effort.

Your comments on tinno are just boring and largely repetative. Lets hope that nobody views the ref mentioned above like you viewed tinno in his time at alty or he may just be feeling a bit sadder when he tucks into his half-time pie on the next day of the Sunday season.

My personal opinion is that Young and Shotton should have been the regular centre backs last season and thats judged on perfomances. Tinson had good matches but I think he was exposed on far too many occasions and for that should not have been a 'regular' .. I'd be a good leader on the pitch and get all the other players 'up for' playing for Alty but that does not make me someone you want to watch every week,.

I think Tinson would be a good COACH or person to have around the club as he has experience but does not make him a CONFERENCE player. Let me add though that he is far from one of the worst players at the club last season.

I am happy he has gone cos it worried me that he was the first name on the teamsheet.
Spot on Gaz, absolutely spot on.

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »

I'd be a good leader on the pitch and get all the other players 'up for' playing for Alty but that does not make me someone you want to watch every week.

Watching you every week in the stands is bad enough, on the pitch no thank you, I would scared who would be punching the opposition first, you or GH. We need to keep you behind barriers at all times - only joking  ;D

P.S. how is your special comforting place these days mate? Hope your keeping chilled out  ;D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »

Its a wonderful place as I score the winner at the Golf Road End against Smacc but rather than celebrate with the Alty fans I run to the macc fans and stand arrogantly infront of them, smiling and nodding my head at them... Just call me Phil Power .... Ah thats prob not helping things ... he he

Narcissist

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »

To be honest it was more an irk at the tiresome tirades of ATS.

Whilst i'm sure you would be a great addition to the squad in terms of motivation gaz we can only guess at what Tinno's influence was in training and in the dressing room, not to mention on the young head of Shotton. To GH/GB it was clearly invaluable.

In the few games i saw Tinno I thought he was off the pace a bit, my point is just that we as fans don't always see the full picture. Im not sure Tinno's influence or mentality at our level should be easily disregarded. Just to sit on the fence a bit more though I agree, its not the greatest loss.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »

Tiresome Tirades eh?

I personally don't think so but it's a game of opinions so we'll have to agree to differ on that one.

As I have said it was never anything personal against him merely an opinion that we had signed him a couple of years too late and, I suppose irritation that he was taking up a place in the team which would have been better occupied by someone a little younger and more mobile.

I wished him well at Nantwich when I heard he had gone and I stand by that.

The mention of my grandads piles was an attempted witticism which some people got, some didn't and some just decided not to because I had posted it.

I agree entirely with your comments about Referees, experience etc. but I would hope that any Referee worth his or her salt would make suitable adjustments to the level of football they officiated in to ensure that they only turned out at a level they were capable of.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »

Whenever I have seen Tinson play (for Alty or the many other clubs against us) it was never about any pace but the way he reads the game. I just felt that he did not look like the player that used to win everything against us.

Narcissist

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »

As I have said.............. over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.................sorry i fell asleep reading

:P

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

In Tinson's defence, I think that it's only fair to point out that when he was signed by Alty last Summer, it was with the Blue Square North in mind rather than the Blue Square Premier.

Also, he only missed one league game last season, so he was certainly not one of those players who prefer to watch from the main stand and collect their wages without swapping their club blazer for a red and white striped shirt.

However, having said all that, I agree with Gary W that Tinson did seem almost an automatic choice when the potential pairing of Shotton and Young in central defence seemed a far more promising alternative and I am certainly not mourning his departure to Nantwich. We can't afford to concede 82 league goals again next season.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »

gary i have done the running up and down in front of the macc fans

end result two black eyes amd a scar on the inside of my lip to this day.

ps it was worth it
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great News another quality signing!