News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Little to Cambridge?

Author Topic: Colin Little to Cambridge?  (Read 2582 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

« on: June 07, 2008, 10:42:17 PM »

My usually very reliable sources have informed me that we have made a cash offer for Colin Little. Any of the 'in the know' mob on here know anything?

This isn't a wind up by the way, a very genuine post.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Little to Cambridge?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:23:20 PM »

Colin says he has recieved offers while here, but has always turned them down. He doesn't want a return to proffesional football, happy coaching and playing in his spare time.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36:43 PM »

You're more likely to get Ronaldo!

Ok that's an exageration,  you're just as likely to get Ronaldo

markecky

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:56 AM »

My usually very reliable sources have informed me that we have made a cash offer for Colin Little. Any of the 'in the know' mob on here know anything?

Chance are you probably will have done.  Why wouldn't you bid for the leagues third top scorer in a team that attacks twice a game on a good day?  Any manager worth his salt would bid for him.

Chances or getting him?  Virtually nil I reckon.

Nips down Oakfield road for training, maybe comes down Delahays to get to the ground.  Can't see him having league ambitions, been there done that, not in need of money too much I don't reckon. Likes the manager, loved by the fans (I know that doesn't mean much these days) and fulfilling his words that he would play for his hometown club to end his career.  Just signed a two year deal.

Apart from that....

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 12:05:34 AM »

Chance are you probably will have done.  Why wouldn't you bid for the leagues third top scorer in a team that attacks twice a game on a good day?  Any manager worth his salt would bid for him.

Chances or getting him?  Virtually nil I reckon.

Nips down Oakfield road for training, maybe comes down Delahays to get to the ground.  Can't see him having league ambitions, been there done that, not in need of money too much I don't reckon. Likes the manager, loved by the fans (I know that doesn't mean much these days) and fulfilling his words that he would play for his hometown club to end his career.  Just signed a two year deal.

Apart from that....

Think you've hit the nail on the head, We've probably recieved in excess of 20 offers for Colin over the years, what have Cambridge to offer that others haven't ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 12:46:26 AM »

Apart from that....

...you can't afford him. Not going to sell him to you for a top offer of £50 are we?  ;D

Thought it was a one way exit at Cambs these days Vessmeister?  ;)

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:15:54 AM »

Thought it was a one way exit at Cambs these days Vessmeister?  ;)

Nahhh! Sell 'em early, sign 'em late, saves on wages you see. Expect a number of CUFC signings this next coming two weeks. We'll be reet!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 11:06:29 AM »

Colin has been subject to several lucrative offers as he was last pre-season.I think with his coaching work and business in the altrincham it wouldnt be viable for him to revert back to full time football football.His children go to school locally, he's always lived in and around brooklands,so I would say as good an offer as it may be, it will probably be a nonstarter,but who knows.And he's just signed a new two-year contract.It would be of more benefit to cambridge if JQ didnt go for the "quick fix" and had a look around the lower leagues for some hungry young lads that can be developed.Maybe like the two we've just signed,people go "WHOOOOO?" But in recent years we've pluckedKevin Elliision from the league of wales who went onto be the last player to leave a nonleague club and go straight into a premiership side, making his debut at Old Traffiord for leicester.Also Ian Craney and Lewis Chalmer, who camefrom Runcorn Reserves and one through are youth team after being spotted playing for fletcher moss.Both won a conference titile the season after leaving altrincham,we havent the resource to stop these young lads moving onto full time football,and good luck to them, but a full time side such as cambridge could.

Imagine the sort of team we'd have if it was built around a midfiled partnership of craney and chalmers! Aldershot are the perfect model to follow,they got it bang on.

fgrfan

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »

he is a pretty good forward however isn't he getting on a bit? although there are still plenty of older strikers in this league perhaps that doesn't make a difference. cambridge utd still have mark beesley anyway - however i'm not sure he's totally enjoying it at the trade recruitment stadium....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team