News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM news

Author Topic: AGM news  (Read 3188 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
AGM news
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »

from www.altrinchamfc.com

7 June 2008
WAITING
As expected, today's Conference AGM in Blackpool could not deliver a definitive answer on which clubs would be in which division of its various leagues.With both Boston United and Halifax Town having launched appeals about their imposed demotions, a final decision canot be expected until after next Wednesday's FA appeal hearing for both clubs.
@AltyDaz

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AGM news
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »

So the purpose of the AGM is..............?

This league is descending further and further into farce. The way its going clubs will have to set budgets and build up squads in July.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »

If you win the world cup three times on the trot, you get to keep the trophy.

I thought the purpose of the AGM this year was to award us permanent custody of the AGM cup after the last three years and make us immune to relegation in future.

Am I wrong?

And, if I am, wouldn't it be a good idea anyway?  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »

I thought the purpose of the AGM this year was to award us permanent custody of the AGM cup after the last three years and make us immune to relegation in future.

Am I wrong?

3 stars on next year's shirt then!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »

Am I wrong?

3 stars on next year's shirt then!

I've already (or at least Mrs Saughall has!) put 2 gold stars above the team crest for our Championship wins and three silver ones below it for the AGM cup successes!
 :)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »

http://cambridgeunited.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=13818_3665064&id=95

Blue Square AGM News
By Christopher Vessey - 08/06/2008 13:18
Saturday just gone was the day of the Blue Square Conference's annual AGM. As with most previous seasons, certain clubs were about to feel the pinch for their financial decisions and problems...

Subject to an FA appeal this coming Wednesday, it has been confirmed that Halifax Town have been relegated from the Blue Square Premier, with Cambridge City falling from the South division, and Nuneaton Borough and Boston United crashing out of the North. None of these four clubs had finished in the relegation placings in their respective decisions.

The reason for Halifax Town's demotion is their failure to secure new ownership and failing to sort out their long running CVA problems, and they will be expected to reform in the Northern Premier League. Cambridge City spent all their limited funds on a court battle against ground owners, meaning no cash was available to upgrade their Milton Road ground to fall into line with FA Ground Rulings. They will now ply their trade in the Southern League.

Nuneaton Borough had amassed debts of almost £1,000,000 and rather than opt for the administration route, they entered voluntary liquidation and now hope to be reformed as part of the BGB Midlands League - the division to be undecided. Boston United are in the same boat as Halifax, after failing to qualify under the League's membership rules with regards to their financial dealings.

The knock on effect means reprieves for various sides. Altrincham will survive at the expense of Halifax in the Blue Square Premier for the third season running, despite finishing 21st. Hucknall Town and Vauxhall Motors remain in the Northern section due to Boston and Nuneaton's failings, whilst Dorchester Town regain South membership at the expense of Cambridge City. Redditch United, who had been earmarked for a stint in the Blue Square South (after four Northern clubs were demoted from the BSP) have now been re-instated in the North. Worcester, another side moved from North to South, will remain in the South division.

Boston and Halifax will hear appeals by the FA on Wednesday, but both are likely to fail in their bids. If so, this would mean the Blue Square Premier line-up will consist of the following teams -

Blue Square Premier -

Altrincham (reprieved)

Barrow

Burton Albion

Cambridge United

Crawley Town

Eastbourne Borough

Ebbsfleet United

Forest Green Rovers

Grays Athletic

Histon

Kettering Town

Kidderminster Harriers

Lewes

Mansfield Town

Northwich Victoria

Oxford United

Rushden & Diamonds

Salisbury City

Stevenage Borough

Torquay United

Weymouth

Wrexham

Woking

York City

@AltyDaz

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 04:08:18 PM »

I've just made a couple of tweaks to the above article, with regards to Weston-Super-Mares reprieve, so the above maybe a touch inaccurate. Ta.

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 08:58:18 PM »

It still seems to be a little bit in the air!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7442829.stm

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it, as markechy and Narcissist have said on the Halifax Situation thread, what about their £2000,000 debt and the CVA, rules are rules.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »

I wouldn't worry, Halifax have broken the league's rules, their appeal will almost certainly be thrown out. We all know from bitter experience what side the FA come down on when a club is in a dispute with the Conference. A risky game their playing really, I'd be concentrating now on making sure that whatever club is formed gets in the Unibond at least, rather than wasting time on an appeal that won't suceed.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM news