PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tinson moves on...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tinson moves on...  (Read 5867 times)

Longman

Re: Tinson moves on...
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »

I thought he looked succeptable (spelt wrong I think) at times for us this season, but I also think he had a couple of decent games, notably Burton away.

Oh well best of luck for the future, hopefully we can get a decent partner in for Youngy.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »

He did a job for us last season but, if we are to progress, we need speed as well as height at centre back with the kind of mid table forwards that abound in this league (I'm thinking of Histon etc)

He seemed to thrive on being respected for his ability - not unreasonable to some extent - but I think he will like it much better at Nantwich for a couple of years where the pace/skill on show will be such that he can still stand out.

Thanks for last year, Tinno, Good luck and Goodbye.

PS: With Vics AND Macc on his CV, I never really felt comfortable with him in an Alty shirt!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »

He never really showed us his best.. it's probably a good time for him to move on and he'll do OK at that level.

I wish him all the best

What is interesting is, we now need to add a decent centre back to partner Gerg Young... Hope GH has someone in mind?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »

It's because they  beat us to win the CSC - Glory Hunter

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 06:26:12 PM »

He had a decent season last season. Could he have done as well the coming season? I don't know, but he has taken away from GH any difficult decisions if he had gone 1 season too far.

Good luck to him.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »

Wonder when he'll let Graham know?

not very professional tbh. Contract or no contract i'd have thought it manners to at least tell tell Graham, If he didn't want to speak to him he could have sent a text message to the club landline like people do at my work when they are ill !!

'This is Darren I will not be back' ... in that annoying BT text voice

Altyant

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »

To be fair despite having no pace and the turning circle of an Aircraft Carrier, he did have a fairly solid season for us!! Doubtless he has been good for passing on his experience to Shotts and Youngy.

However one of the goals conceeded against Crawley at home highlghted his main faults. With the ball bouncing between Tinno and the Crawley player, he didnt quite there, is easily out-paced and the striker smashed a decent finish past Acton.

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »

i think he had one more season left in him.
 He was a decent captain - very vocal and organised the defence well at corners and set pieces.

why is GH under the impression he wants to stay? Is it because he is really slow.

Butty

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »

To be honest, Tinno never really stood out to me. He was not the man who was always there scoring thumping headers from corners or making goalline clearances, but he was never really too far out of place everytime we conceded. Best of luck to him with his career, and I wish hime well for the rest of his career.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »

Should have been Shotton and Young at centre back, shame he didn't choose Nantwich before xmas.

JT

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

I find it worrying that a player sees Nantwich as a better option than Altrincham.

I've heard that him and his wife have just had a baby, so if we he lives just round the corner from nantwich then i can see why he might take this option.

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »

I find it worrying that a player sees Nantwich as a better option than Altrincham.

I've heard that him and his wife have just had a baby, so if we he lives just round the corner from nantwich then i can see why he might take this option.

something to do with a bi-election...

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »

Looked totally unbothered by the relegation at Weymouth and was happily laughing and joking with some guy in the car park afterwards, noticable difference to most of the other players.  No loss in my opinion.

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »

All the best for the future Tinno. To be honest we need to bring the average age of the team down a bit anyway, so a younger centre half is probably on GH's agenda.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »

All the best for the future Tinno. To be honest we need to bring the average age of the team down a bit anyway, so a younger centre half is probably on GH's agenda.

Actually, it's great to see how relatively young some of the 'new blood' is. 21, 23, 25 etc.,      Makes quite a pleasant change!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tinson moves on...