Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?  (Read 54973 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:22:43 PM »

Gary,

When one of the children falls down the Main Stand steps, breaks their leg and his/her parents then sue the football club, it may well wipe out the profits made by selling a few extra pies!

Oh, and garlic bread is the future....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

kidlad

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:59 PM »

oh dear
that really is backward thinking cult. Any attempt to increase the gate has to be commended. On my way to the ground I saw a young teenage girl complete with Alty shirt and scarf. No doubt she was once 7 or 8 and would she have continued coming with Cult's attitude? I think not. Would it not have been more sensible for the stewards (and my experience of stewards at many grounds is that they will agree to the views of any complainant just for an easy life) to have allocated an area for the children and watched over them. Anyone with young children or grandchildren will know that if you do not control them from the start then there are big problems.

One last point. The Main Stand was deathly quiet apart from the kids. Did I not hear the kids trying to raise shouts of Alty Alty? I'm sure I did. Shame on them for disturbing the adults!!!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 07:31:56 PM »

Why should the stewards watch over them? The club invited them so they should supply the poeple to look after them and tell them a few rules on the invitation. Oh by the way the stewards are already manning the bar door( Another task that was just expected them to do with out being ask) and also manning the car park and taking more abuse because people can't park ( its the i've been parking here for 30 years brigade) Sorry if i upset anyone but any new idea's this club brings in it is always left to the same people.
@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »

Surely any injury at the football club is not the responisbility of the football club, unless the stand falls in or something drastic like that.

I'm sure you can't sue if people are messing about. Thats their choice to run around, not the football clubs.

I think that maybe some construction ideas should come from this ? I think it was a good idea to invite kids but maybe some of the people who were 'put out' by their attendance should suggest ideas on how the club can improve the experience for everyone.

I personally think the children are the parents\guardians responsibilty and they should be warned about behaviour by club officiails, just as anyone else would be.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »

Oh and another thing the not so sensible stewards did try to keep the children in line before the complaints from any supporter but then we called heavy handed by these childrens parents and jobworth's we just can't win.
Anybody who would like to be a steward please feel free to volunteer?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:42:41 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 07:41:06 PM »

oh come on Darren you are all jobworths  ;D ;D

PS; PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take that as a joke as it is intended, you know it wouldn't be me if I didn't comment

You know deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep deep down I know all stewards no matter at what football club are doing a sterling job and without them a football match would not be able to take place.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 07:47:45 PM »

No probs there Gary.
@AltyDaz

kidlad

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 07:48:48 PM »

i actually dd not mean to infer that the stewards were not sensible. The parents present should have been told of the H&S problems of leaving their children unattended and then the matter taken further if there was non compliance. I also agree that the club should allocate supervisors and maybe give the children something to do when they get bored eg wordsearch and other football related paper-based competitions they could do with a friend (calculate how many times Raf pronounces a name right?!!?) ONLY JOKING RAF!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 07:48:59 PM »

Have a 'Goodwin' for all the good work you do Darren  ;)

markecky

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 08:19:35 PM »

Bit bemused about the constant gripe about the bar door to be honest.  It only needs manning from 14:00 when the turnstiles open and can bring hundreds of pounds into the club when a club brings a decent support.  Whats the difference in a steward standing there or behind the goal prior to the match?

Also you say "the club" invited them so "the club" should look after them.  Are the stewards independent of the club?

I thought we are all in this together, from bar staff to fans.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 09:01:18 PM »

Right, apart from the fact that the whole world now seems health and safety mad (whatever happened to kids finding out themselves that if you fall down it hurts?) we now have stewards moaning about looking after people and telling them what is and isn't acceptable. If there really was a major issue did anyone ask the PA announcer to ask everyone to sit down?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 09:04:30 PM »

I really can't understand where all this has come from ???

Everyone agrees that the club needed to develop relationships with local schools...local schools then invited to games,then people have a go not to do it again even though it looks to have been successful.The number of kids who wanted Rocky Robin's autograph was amazing.There was probably 50 kids (maybe more) yesterday,and just 5 of them getting hooked will create an extra 60 quid just on admission (based on a parent and kids for 2 quid on the terraces).Yesterday there was 1,033....take off 31 Crawley fans and say another 10 they had in the stands.Our hardcore has probably increased to 850 this season,so thats about an extra 150 people.So I would like for us to do it again.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 09:06:04 PM »

The number of kids who wanted Rocky Robin's autograph was amazing

You're just in it for yourself .. What an ego Nasha ...  :o

NauticaPete

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 09:09:14 PM »

Moaning main standers
We were all kids once, if only a few of them turn out to be lasting fans then all the better
I started coming when kids cost 1 pound, I'm sure I didn't sit there in harmless silence the whole game
kids and parents will be put off by intolerant attitude
bring on community Alty

Ashley Alty

Family Stand
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »

I think the point that Cult of is trying to make is that we have a stand called "The Family Stand" which in a lot of people's opinion may have been constructed for this very job - ie. doing what it says on the tin?

The Main Stand is quite steep, made of wood and without putting too fine a point on it, a little antiquated, whereas the Family Stand provides a more modern, safer, shallower, easier to control environment for those who as, yet, may not all be as totally hooked on all things Altrincham FC as the rest of us and need a little less hazrdous space to behave like families?

Maybe a place for future Alty fans to develop, be nurtured and slowly indoctrinated in those red and white stripes.

Me, I started as a 4 1/2 year old on the Pop side and couldn't see a thing until I was about 10!

AA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Since when did the Main Stand at Moss Lane become a creche?