PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY SIGN KEVIN STREET!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ALTY SIGN KEVIN STREET!  (Read 6165 times)

altyf

ALTY SIGN KEVIN STREET!
« on: May 16, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »

FROM OFFICIAL SITE:

Altrincham FC have signed experienced midfielder Kevin Street from Stafford Rangers. Kevin was born at Crewe, on 25 November 1977, and started his career at Crewe Alexandra, for whom he made 57(+58) league appearances and scored 9 goals. After a loan spell with Luton Town (1+1 league appearances) he joined Northwich Victoria (12+1 league appearances, 6 goals) for three months at thestart of the 2002-03 season before signing for Bristol Rovers (21+12 league appearances, 2 goals, 2002-03) and then Shrewsbury Town (35+13 league appearances, 3 goals, 2003-05) before joining Stafford Rangers for the start of the 2005/06 season. He made more than a century of appearances for the Marston Road club and, with Neil Grayson, was joint caretaker-manager for part of last season before Steve Bull was appointed. Kevin is 5ft 10 inches tall.
Unusually for a footballer, Kevin "hopes to eventually swap his football strip for a clerical robe and be a priest" reported the Express and Star last year and he is "studying for a degree in theology. He says it was his ‘original aim’ to go into the priesthood. He said: 'I’m not a stereotypical priest - I just love God. I’m as loud as anyone else when I’m on the pitch and enjoy the banter -I’m just also extremely religious'. He says of his team mates: 'They do lay into me about it. I suppose it’s because its unusual. It’s lighthearted banter. Becoming a priest is something I definitely want to end up doing. I have to finish my degree and then do a devotional ministerial course which will take a few years. I imagine it will be about 10 years time before I finally make it. I love football to bits but know eventually the time will come when I will finally become a priest. I would always like to keep a hand in football though'. Kevin, who lives in Nantwich, said he wants to use his football experience to help him. He said: 'The youth of today idolise footballers so it would be a good way in to speak to them about Christ'".

Maybe this will bring Alty a bit more luck next season

The Stafford forum has him listed as someone who can adapt to many different positions:
8. Kevin Street (AM RLC)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:21:29 PM by Moss Lane Man »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ALTY SIGN KEVIN STREET!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »

divine intervention may come in handy

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »

Is he any good though? Holy Moses I hope so.

Vics Chick

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:38:34 PM »

He's actually not a bad player. A creative midfielder who can pick out a decent pass. Not one to bring down the average age of your team but not a desperate signing either!  ;)

Reading Robin

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »

I'm happy with this signing, should be more effective than Sedgemore and probably less expensive too.  Bit of a surprise though, didn't see him mentioned in the players for next season thread.

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »

He could become club chaplain!

samba

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

I'm happy with this signing, should be more effective than Sedgemore and probably less expensive too.  Bit of a surprise though, didn't see him mentioned in the players for next season thread.
I know, I thought GH did all his scouting for new players on here! ;)

Reading Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »

I know, I thought GH did all his scouting for new players on here! ;)

With all the posts i thought someone might have guessed, or maybe a mention of an imminent signing last night. 

joe

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »

If i remember correctly he normally plays wide right and is a decent crosser of the ball,something we've been missing badly!

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

stafford were gash last season, what colour boots did he have?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »

He's streets apart from the other stafford players
Bernard Taylors barmy army

VofD

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

Ah!BLESS HIM

altyf

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »

I don't know but if you're thinking it was the one with orange boots, that was Adaggio.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »

He didn't play in the home game, was out injured.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »

If i remember correctly he normally plays wide right and is a decent crosser of the ball,something we've been missing badly!

Don't remember him being an out and out winger Joe. A small fela who's really good on the ball, I think you're looking more at a Sedgemore/Whalley type placement.

Also, clearly a mate of Little from his time at Crewe (oh dear!) and Tinson having pleyed with him at Shrewsbury and living in Nantwich.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY SIGN KEVIN STREET!