PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieved?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Reprieved?  (Read 6720 times)

louise1925

Re: Reprieved?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »

I agree with UC 100% - we have stayed up on merit. However, I too feel uncomfortable by our successive reprieves, although I know full well that I shouldn't. I think it's important to add that not everybody hates Alty, a large number of fans understand that our continued place in BSP has nothing whatsoever to do with luck, or something altogether more sinister. Northwich fans in particular have been very supportive of us. Anyone having a pop at us clearly has a pre-existing agenda against our club, so can be roundly ignored I think. We are here, because we are a well run, solvent club who happen to keep finishing 4th from bottom. The irony of course, is that I can see it happening again next season - three teams will finish below us and someone will go bust - it's kind of inevitable really.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »

The tactic this season should be easy as the lesson has been learnt. Get the point in the first game, not the last.

Lew Needham

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »

This post is unbelievable I really can not believe anyone feels uncomfortable about this reprieve.

We finish a point behind a team who spent 2 million pounds more than we did over the last few years. This is money which is not theres to spend. I think if we spent that money we would have finished a lot higher than them. It's pure cheating and we deserve to be in the league instead of them.

Then people start saying that friends and colleagues are taking the p 1 5 5 because we always get a reprieve- 1 word "arsed"!!! First season we did stay up on the pitch then got docked a stupid amount of points cos of paperwork. Every season we are in with a chance until the last game- surely this mean we are competing at this level. Its not like we keep coming bottom and only get say 10 points then i may be a little embarrassed.

Finally when we're watching us play wrexham at home in a packed Moss Lane next year instead of a mediocre team out of the BSN then will anyone be bothered....really don't think so!!

Be proud!!! 

Narcissist

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 11:58:50 AM »

Let's get a few things straight. What we are getting if we get reprieved now is only what we should have got in 2006 when we finished 18th on the pitch but got treated much more harshly than Wimbledon or West Ham (how can the FA say it's justified when it's not even a unanimous decision from their panel?) and had to wait til the AGM to start preparing for the Conference. If we had had the whole pre-season we might not have needed a reprieve in the following seasons. Hopefully we have a bit extra time to prepare this time and can improve on 18th now we are out of debt. We will finally be able to see how well a debt free part time club can do in this league. Hopefully we can get a few players on loan like Ryan Shotton who go back to their own club to train and are therefore effectively full-time, that seems to be the way forward.

As for Halifax, yes, it is sad, and I dream of the day when the Conference is decided purely on the pitch. I wouldn't count on it being any time soon though. If Halifax go the way of Telford and get back to the Conference North in a few seasons playing at their own ground, it won't be too bad for them. And let's remember they had 12 "reprieves" when they were in the football league, including 1979 and 1981 when they finished just above Altrincham in the voting.

If they had spent 800k on tax instead of players , perhaps they wouldn't have finished above us anyway, and let's remember the 10 point deduction is a totally arbitrary figure.  And besides I have bad memories of some "sheikhs"!

Perfect post as usual Hugh. 100% agree.

Longman

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »

This post is unbelievable I really can not believe anyone feels uncomfortable about this reprieve.

We finish a point behind a team who spent 2 million pounds more than we did over the last few years. This is money which is not theres to spend. I think if we spent that money we would have finished a lot higher than them. It's pure cheating and we deserve to be in the league instead of them.

Then people start saying that friends and colleagues are taking the p 1 5 5 because we always get a reprieve- 1 word "arsed"!!! First season we did stay up on the pitch then got docked a stupid amount of points cos of paperwork. Every season we are in with a chance until the last game- surely this mean we are competing at this level. Its not like we keep coming bottom and only get say 10 points then i may be a little embarrassed.

Finally when we're watching us play wrexham at home in a packed Moss Lane next year instead of a mediocre team out of the BSN then will anyone be bothered....really don't think so!!

Be proud!!! 

As i've said earlier in this thread, I couldn't give a sh*t what other fans think of Alty cos we've been reprieved, we have done nothing wrong and are abiding by the rules and regulations of the conference.  If they want to give us some stick then lets give it em back!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieved?