News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News Flash

Author Topic: News Flash  (Read 4465 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
News Flash
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:41:15 PM »

Alty trio released
By Connor Murphy
Comment

McFadden is leaving Alty after three years at the club.
WITH Alty's fate now virtually confirmed, Graham Heathcote has begun planning for the new season by releasing three players.

Jake Sedgemore, Carlos Roca and Pat McFadden have all left the club after the Robins boss decided they would not be part of his plans.

There could also be two more departures by the end of the week but Heathcote claimed those particular decisions have been left in the players' hands.

"We've released three and there are now one or two others where decisions are in the players own hands," he said.

"It's a footballing decision. It might have been different if we had been relegated but now that we're in the Blue Square Premier, the amount of football might not be enough for them.

"It's their decision and they have to be honest with themselves."

Sedgemore's time at Alty was largely disappointing, the midfielder never living up to expectations at Moss Lane.

Despite starting the season as a first team regular, Sedgemore lost his place in January after the arrival of several players in the transfer window.

In total, he made 22 appearances for the club, although he only made two substitute appearances since the turn of the year.

Roca arrived at the club in February from Blue Square North promotion contenders Stalybridge Celtic with the reputation as a quick and skilful wideman.

But the former Northwich player struggled to make his mark with the Robins, making just seven substitute appearances as a peripheral figure.

The decision to release McFadden is possibly the hardest of the three, as the striker has been a hardworking and enthusiastic squad member at Alty for the past three seasons.

McFadden graduated from Alty's reserve team, who he joined from amateur side Fletchermoss FC and eventually signed Conference forms in October 2005.

The 21-year-old went on to make 36 appearances for the Robins, of which only six were starts, while also spending loan spells at Trafford, Radcliffe Borough and Leek Town.

5:11pm today

@AltyDaz

altyf

Re: News Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »

Good news...hopefully this will lift a bit of the tension and pressure there has been on the club to prepare for next season...and now we can sit in the hope of signing some new players!

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »

Right, first things first: Good luck Pat McFadden and thanks for the loyalty and effort you have shown during your time at Alty. I really wish you a successful career wherever you go.

With regard to the article as a whole, I sincerely hope these are not the only players who are going to be released. I know it's early days and there may be more to come in the next few weeks but it's time to get ruthless. The fact that the retention of Scotty and Aspinall two players has effectively been left up to themselves doesn't seem all that ruthless to me, in fact I find it slightly odd. Maybe there is method in the madness, it will be interesting to find out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:15:26 PM by Alty365 »

Daycare Dan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:12:55 PM »

Right, first things first: Good luck Pat McFadden and thanks for the loyalty and effort you have shown uring your time at Alty. I really wish you a successful career wherever you go.

With regard to the article as a whole, I sincerely hope these are not the only players who are going to be released. I know it's early days and there may be more to come in the next few weeks but it's time to get ruthless. The fact that the retention of Scotty and Aspinall two players has effectively been left up to themselves doesn't seem all that ruthless to me, in fact I find it slightly odd. Maybe there is method in the madness, it will be interesting to find out.

Agree with everything you say Alty365, if we are being ruthles there should be a longer list than these three.

Good luck Pat wherever you end up, shame you never got that first team goal.

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

Firstly: Good luck Pat. Hope you have a successful career you deserve it

Secondly: Didnt really see much of Roca and Sedgemore was dissapointing. I also agree with some other posts as we should get rid of a few more if we are being ruthless

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »

The other 2 players for whom it is "Their decision," are probably players GH wants to keep but may not be able to.

As for Pat, he has been very patient & never quite made it. All the best for the future.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »

Do hope that Tinson has already retired and that he is NOT one who is being allowed to decide his own future with AFC

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:09 AM »

I would keep Tinson ahead of Scotty or Aspinall by a country mile.

altyf

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »

Totally agree with this...it would not be a disaster if Tinson stayed with Alty

moousee

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »

He has been at fault for too many of the goals this season. Great footballing mind, but is too slow on the turn for this league. Whilst I agree that he is better than those two, we could do better.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »

Totally agree with this...it would not be a disaster if Tinson stayed with Alty

I agree too..and not just to wind Phil...maybe he has been turned a few times but he has also saved us a few times as well and organised very well.

He looked super fit (in a non gay way) when he had his shirt off at the end of the Weymouth game on Setanta.  It was like looking in a mirror.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »

Ah yes Ecky..............I've got one of those mirrors as well...............I got mine from the Funhouse at Southport Fairground
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

samba

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »

He has been at fault for too many of the goals this season. Great footballing mind, but is too slow on the turn for this league. Whilst I agree that he is better than those two, we could do better.
I have to agree with this. A lot of goals went in because of Tinno mistakes.  Yes, squad player perhaps, but not regular 1st team.

ant

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »

I have to agree with this. A lot of goals went in because of Tinno mistakes.  Yes, squad player perhaps, but not regular 1st team.

I've watched him since he arrived and yes he does make a few cock ups and is responsible for a few goals for sure.  However, I've also seen him save us time and again.  He also helps the others with their positioning and organises the defence better.  Saying that he's very slow and this is a fast paced league which takes no prisoners.  I reckon he has another season left in him at this level provided he's 100% commited.  I also reckon he'd probably make a good future number 2 or manager.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 News Flash