PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sound financial advice for Halifax arrives just too late to save them
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sound financial advice for Halifax arrives just too late to save them  (Read 8125 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

bigcol

Quick phone Max Clifford, I'm sure there's PR value in that!

sHAWSHAY

Pathetic, its people like you who dont deserve a football club.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Sorry, yes I know it's a tragic day for Halifax and your support will be gutted right now and for a few weeks but this is the Altrincham forum for Altrincham fans, while we can sympathise with your plight (as we have sailed pretty close to the wind in the recent past) it's not our bag to dress in black and indulge in your wake. We are happy (yes also embarrased) that we are here for another year but we have no need to apologise for the long term and repeated financial shambles at another club. Let me see, Vics, Wrexham and Mansfield or Alfeton, Gateshead and Workington.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

i agree with the halifax fan a bit out of order to say least

shaymen down under

cmon mate, i am a town fan, and have been on this messageboard to keep u updated, and give my view on how things might work out, ive not been abusive, and have engaged in healthy conversations and banter on this forum with your fans. I know its an alty forum, and you were probably doing it for a small giggle. But could u underastand how you would feel, if we did that to u.
And especially at this time, when its still so raw with everyone involved. No Hard feelings towards you, but as you can imagine this is like a death in the family to the loyall 1000 of halifax town, please dont take the mickey just yet.

P.S. Just to let you know i moved over from australia(born n bred in oz) to come and watch my team, so its hit me pretty bad. not sayng it hasnt hit other town fans worse, but as a26yr old, upping sticks 12,000km to follow your club, its f**king torture at the moment

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

shayman down under you have my and many alty fans utmost sympathy

PJ_ALTY.FC

lol absolute class ! love it

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Yup, bit close to the bone for Halifax fans.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

For f**ks sake, Don't be a cock all your life, you dick.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile

Even when pissed (celebrating a mates birthday, though I had mention a reprieve once or twice!!!), I find the joke in bad taste. I do feel for Halifax fans. Hopefully next season we can stay up on merit and don't have to feel guilty for staying up (12 months ago I didn't feel guilty cos Boston cheated their way to the league in the first place).
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Unemployed Coalminer

Why feel gulity? Of course it's sad for fans of Halifax Town, but it's hardly the fault of Altriincham FC or the club's fans that this has happened. If Halifax had been run this season on a budget they could afford they may well have finished bottom of the league and your heart wouldn't be bleeding then. Don't forget that Altrincham FC once faced a winding up order over unpaid tax but the directors chose to repay the debt in full (with the help of money raised by fans) and accept setting a realistic budget until it was.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:01:38 AM by Unemployed Coalminer »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Agreed UC but think about how the Fax fans are feeling just now, they also have no forum I believe as its been closed, and not unexpected to find a few on here,.

There but for the grace of God etc........

Best Wishes to Halifax Town 2008.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile

Why feel gulity? Of course it's sad for fans of Halifax Town, but it's hardly the fault of Altriincham FC or the club's fans that this has happened. If Halifax had been run this season on a budget they could afford they may well have finished bottom of the league and your heart wouldn't be bleeding then. Don't forget that Altrincham FC once faced a winding up order over unpaid tax but the directors chose to repay the debt in full (with the help of money raised by fans) and accept setting a realistic budget until it was.
You're absolutely right.  None of what happened to Halifax is of Alty's doing.  I don't feel guilty about their problems, although I don't feel remotely like celebrating anything either.

But the people at Halifax who are probably suffering the most are the hard core fans who have seen their club effectively die.  I can imagine the gossip elsewhere now - "alty are staying up again and they're mocking Halifax".  There's already a lot less goodwill towards Alty over another reprieve (not our doing I know) and I just think your picture touched an extremely pretty raw nerve at the moment, over an issue where we have benefited the most.  A bit of humility is in order at the moment.

I hope Halifax will learn from this and bounce back to be a stronger, better run club.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

To be fair the UC would have done a pic to take the mick out of Alty if it was us in the sh*t so don't take it personally Halifax Fans.

As said HEADS UP
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sound financial advice for Halifax arrives just too late to save them