Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Have I missed something or just being pessimistic?

Author Topic: Have I missed something or just being pessimistic?  (Read 2110 times)

Hemel Dave

« on: May 11, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »

Where does it actually say that we will be in the BSP next season?  And will Halifax actually be in the Unibond?  Knowing that these issues can take unexpected twists and turns and that the football and Conference authorities do not seem blessd with common sense, I would love to see some sort of defining statement before getting carried away.  Again maybe I'm just  a pessimist! ???

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Have I missed something or just being pessimistic?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:48:01 AM »

I believe the club are expecting confirmation early next week. Halifax Town afc still exist they just haven't got a league to play in because they failed the conference deadline. As Halifax went late Friday afternoon and the Conference and FA would have closed at 5pm I wouldnt have thought any decision could be made official until Monday morning at the earliest.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »

reading the Non-League paper this morning (sun 11th may) it seems certain that Alty will be handed a reprive to play in the BS Premier for next season Halifax must go down at least 2 divisions if they reform

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »

Hi Dave,

My understanding is that Halifax Town AFC exist but have not satisfied the administrative rules necessary for them to be members of the Blue Square Premier or North. Given HMRC's position on the tax debt the consortium who have been running the club have to consider whether they are prepared to pay off £800k or so and give 10p in the £ to the other creditors. If they are the club can come out of administration and apply to the next league lower down - the Unibond Premier, who will consider their application against their rules - and so on down the Pyramid. If the consortium  isn't interested in addrresing the historic debts as above then the administrator has indicated that in the absence of any other interested parties Halifax Town AFC will be liquidated.  

In any event the Blue Square Premier as it stands today has 23 clubs and needs to find another one to satisfy their rules. In the absence of any other options (additional promotions etc) that'll be us then. I'm presuming this doesn't have to go to the AGM as the Management Committee will have authority to take decisions so to ensure the League has the full number of members in time for the AGM.

Hemel Dave

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »

Yeah, I get all that - it would be good to have something official though.  Cheers.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »

Just reading this in Corfu,sounds like great news for Alty,but as i have said before i feel for the Halifax fans
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team