PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FRIDAY HALIFAX UPDATE THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: FRIDAY HALIFAX UPDATE THREAD  (Read 15567 times)

shaymen down under

Re: FRIDAY HALIFAX UPDATE THREAD
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:32 PM »

no, the club will not have to raise a million, the Shay Stadium Trust has to, which only has a representative from the clubs on it. The SHAY STADIUM TRUST will find the 1million not HALIFAX TOWN.

And Gaz, the reason the conference are on our cases about the ground, had something to do about it being 3 sided at first...(which i find quite funny, considering half the league only use 3 sided grounds) and the 2nd thing was, that there were inadequate corporate facilties at the ground, basically you had  towalk fron the weavers(sponsors/bar resturant at ground) then outside the ground through main carpark and then back in to go sit in the seats on the east stand.

VofD

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up but don't the Conference want written proof from the council then ? As this ground development has been going on for sometime hasn't it?

I honestly wish your club well but am obviously watching this from our point of view, as I'm sure you would if the other way round ?

My honest opinion when you are losing £30,000 a week is to reform at a lower level but maybe these takeover people will sort it out ?

I thought it was £30000 per month losses.

Narcissist

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »

sorry gaz, but ground has nothing to do with the football or rugby club. The Ground is essentially owend by the Council, and is administered by the Shay Stadium Trust.

The Council has agreed(finally) to spend 2.7million to complete the stand, While the Shay Stadium trust(which is made up of several groups of ppl including reps from the football and rugby clubs) is looking to raise 1million to kit out the new stand i.e. club shops, bars, etc, etc.

Work is to begin at end of June and finish by end of december.

hence why us town fans are so desperate from the takeover to happen, as with the stan dfinailly finished we will be able to make money from it.

Surely if this is the case then its a complete scam.

'We'll wipe out 90% of the debt and then when the club finally becomes solvent with the new stand we can keep all of the money made.'

It all seems a bit pre-meditated to me. You stay up, become debt free, and lose the constraints which were putting you into debt with the new stand. Whats even better, is the people who take over will not be funding the new stand any way and taking on a fraction of the real debt. You're getting away with almost everything for free if thats correct?

Im sorry but a line has to be drawn and we should be on the BSP side of the line, and you lot under it. Its a complete scam.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »

Latest from Halifax Courier
2.35pm
Halifax Town appear to be heading for liquidation.
Administrator Rob Sadler told the Courier's Dave Fletcher today the debt to the Inland Revenue appeared insurmountable.
Initial estimates had put the amount Halifax Town owed at £500,000 - but the meeting was told the figure was around £814,000.
He said this was likely to mean the end of the club.
"The cleanest way forward is to start from the bottom and build up again debt free."

shaymen down under

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

doesnt matter now, read the courier up date

We will be no more

R.I.P Halifax Townm 1911-2008

Looks like you will get your reprieve :-) and probably half of our squad as well

DarrenH

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »

If this is true then I am sure many will join me in offering our deepest sympathy.
Good luck for the future.

Alty Blue

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »

Great shame. Wouldn't like to see any club fold (except Man U,). Good luck for the future.

Narcissist

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »

Looks like you will get your reprieve :-) and probably half of our squad as well

Not sure we could afford their wages either  ;)

I hope that Halifax will carry on the clubs identity in some way, with the use of the shay stadium and be allowed to start in the highest level possible. Minimal heartache for the fans and an opportunity to get all the sharks away from the club that got you in this mess.

In the next few years you will find out who the true halifax fans are. I honestly wish you the best of luck in rising back up and playing alty again as soon as possible.

samba

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »

Echoing everyone else, no-one wants this to happen to any club if only for the sake of the fans.

Fresh start, the best of luck to you. 

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »

Yes I did mean month VOD ....

And to the Halifax fans if anything is confirmed its not cos we are happy about what is happening at your club just that we get a reprieve.

No one wants to see a club go under and we have been watching closely today as it does have a knock on effect with our club.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »

If its true, I feel very very sorry for the true Halifax fans.  I would hate that to happen to Alty.

As I said on another thread, it won't feel like it today but it could be the best thing thats ever happened to them.  It could unify the support, clear the debt and give them a determination to rise like Aldershot and get back in the league.  Current directors will no longer have to pay for past mistakes.

I hope they do it.

baldrick

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

The fat lady has not sung yet.

VofD

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »

The fat lady has not sung yet.

I think she is singing loud and clear.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »

A lot is still going on!   ???

baldrick

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »

No she is getting changed in the back room. John Cooper Clarke is the warm up man, he has just gone on the stage and is about to recite Beesley Street.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FRIDAY HALIFAX UPDATE THREAD