PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Breaking news
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 8088 times)

markecky

Re: Breaking news
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 02:51:50 PM »

Thsi is from Bubba on the Hailfax board.  He seems a level headed guy and is on the supporters trust board...

"Halifax Town do not have a lease. They have a licence from SST which can not be transfered or sold. Whatever happens, HTAFC will be liquidated because nobody will be willing to pay over £2m of debt. When that happens everyone is on a level playing - especially as SST have given letters to both B&H and those backing a supporter-owned club showing their support for keeping a football club at The Shay, which is what the FA, and everyone else wants."

moousee

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 02:53:35 PM »

Is that what you meant by the 'blackmail' thing moousee?

Yeah, if that happens, its the Conference who stand to look like the evil party, and this is the last thing that they would want.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »

I suspect this is an attempt by the consortium to get the Halifax public to back them rather than a new club formed by the supporters and as such is pretty unedifying.

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »

Thsi is from Bubba on the Hailfax board.  He seems a level headed guy and is on the supporters trust board...

"Halifax Town do not have a lease. They have a licence from SST which can not be transfered or sold. Whatever happens, HTAFC will be liquidated because nobody will be willing to pay over £2m of debt. When that happens everyone is on a level playing - especially as SST have given letters to both B&H and those backing a supporter-owned club showing their support for keeping a football club at The Shay, which is what the FA, and everyone else wants."

But what impact would this have on them 'reforming'?

Can the conference seriously be considering allowing this to happen?

malcolm

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

[
But what impact would this have on them 'reforming'?

Can the conference seriously be considering allowing this to happen?
[/quote]

NO, If they were clever enough to have found a back Alley way of not paying the HMRC surely they would now be billionaires and be on a yacht somewhere more exoctic.

dawno

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »

I am confused  What is happening  ??? ???

moousee

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

From the BBC:

Two groups fight to save Halifax 

Stricken Halifax Town could be saved from liquidation by two separate groups, reports BBC Radio Leeds.

The original consortium are trying to reform Halifax, while the Supporters Trust are also now heavily involved.

Both parties are in contact with the FA and the Trust claim they have confirmation that Halifax will be in Unibond League 1 North next season.

The consortium are still paying the club's bills and have said more information will be available soon.

The Unibond's AGM next month is expected to rubber stamp Halifax's place in League 1 North.

The club, who went into administration during the season, were automatically relegated from the Blue Square Premier and the Blue Square North after creditors failed to accept a rescue package.

It was feared Halifax would go straight into liquation and disappear from football altogether but the consortium's continued financial support looks likely to keep the 97-year-old club alive.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »

From the BBC:

Stricken Halifax Town could be saved from liquidation by two separate groups, reports BBC Radio Leeds.

The original consortium are trying to reform Halifax, while the Supporters Trust are also now heavily involved.

Both parties are in contact with the FA and the Trust claim they have confirmation that Halifax will be in Unibond League 1 North next season.

The consortium are still paying the club's bills and have said more information will be available soon.

The Unibond's AGM next month is expected to rubber stamp Halifax's place in League 1 North.

The club, who went into administration during the season, were automatically relegated from the Blue Square Premier and the Blue Square North after creditors failed to accept a rescue package.

It was feared Halifax would go straight into liquation and disappear from football altogether but the consortium's continued financial support looks likely to keep the 97-year-old club alive.

I think this was prior to today.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »

Well Im confused now!  ???

According to the Sale and Alty Messenger and I quote Heathcote regarding three players leaving '........but now that we're in the Blue Square Premier'.

Longman

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »

From the BBC:

I think this was prior to today.

Is it not fact that they have been relegated from the Blue Square prem and Blue Square North because they did'nt strike up a deal in time though?

How can they be allowed to possibly formulate a new deal which see's them back in the conference when they didn't do it in time in the first place??

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »

Confused ? I am.
I suspect that the Halifax consortium are going back to the Conference and asking a simple question.........if we are able to salvage the club, can we stay in the BSP please ? I assume that to salvage the club, they will have to pay the 814k to the taxman and the pitiful 10p in the pound to the remaining creditors. The alternative is liquidation.
Maybe they might consider paying off the tax debt and 10% of the remaining debt if they see it as worthwhile ie if they can stay in the BSP.

They can also salvage the club by allowing it to be liquidated next week only to reform it as a new company. If this happens then they need to start in a lower league.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Narcissist

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »

Confused ? I am.
I suspect that the Halifax consortium are going back to the Conference and asking a simple question.........if we are able to salvage the club, can we stay in the BSP please ? I assume that to salvage the club, they will have to pay the 814k to the taxman and the pitiful 10p in the pound to the remaining creditors. The alternative is liquidation.
Maybe they might consider paying off the tax debt and 10% of the remaining debt if they see it as worthwhile ie if they can stay in the BSP.

They can also salvage the club by allowing it to be liquidated next week only to reform it as a new company. If this happens then they need to start in a lower league.

They cant do that now. Its all or nothing. The proposed CVA for 10p or 2.5p is dead in the water. They would have to pay off HMRC and then start the whole admin process all over again. Its simply not viable in the time frame. They will be wound up either way. What they are trying to do is start a new business with the clubs name and call it 'reforming'. Nothing short of scandalous!

I think this is all clutching at straws. They have no chance of being in BSP next year and dont deserve to, whether we do or not, they certainly dont.

Butty

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »

Wait, we are still in this season as of before the agm technically(If I am right). Any punishment issued on the club before the agm, is deducted off this seasons points total surely???

Hamilton

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »

They could do what the FA did to Leeds and dock points for the next season.

Meanwhile: http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/halifaxtown/Halifax-Town-Clockwatch-Wednesday-150pm.4056032.jp
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Breaking news