News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From Steve From Sale - Fundraising

Author Topic: From Steve From Sale - Fundraising  (Read 1570 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »

Hi All

This is Steve from Sale, not posted for ages I'm afraid, but somebody touched on a subject in the fundraising and felt I had to get my oar in.

Someone suggested under 16s older age tournaments. This would be a pretty good idea, especially the bit about feeding the youth team new players, which would help George Heslop. My own team of under 17s from Unicorn Athletic have now finished the season and I have now retired as a manager. The team has now wound up, but three of my players have been referred to George. It would be nice to have an under 15-18s tournament if that is possible. I could get a team together for this from my ex Unicorn players. There are some very good players in the 15-18 age group, and a lot of clubs finish from under 15s, mine have ran to under 17s. Timperley and District is a very strong league, especially in the older age groups and there are some very good players about. If this comes about I for one would enter a team.

Sorry but I felt it worth starting this as a new thread; hope you dont mind.

Any other comments anybody

Steve from Sale

PJ_ALTY.FC

Re: From Steve From Sale - Fundraising
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »

timperely district is very comeptitive and spouts good players- i played for the hale barns, turned alty youths or some form of name wiht atrincham in it

as i have said in my thread this is a great idea, not sure about getting an XI side for a tournament, may be too hard etc....

if this got into motion would be good to see,
PJ
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team