PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Sorry to break it to you...  (Read 34319 times)

Popeye

Re: Sorry to break it to you...
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »

So when we opposed the takeover, and told Glazer that we were "Not for Sale",

Except, you were 'for sale' the second that you floated on the stock market.

Were you all complaining then when you were reaping the rewards of that financial windfall?

Depends what you mean by all, have ALL Manchester United fans agreed about FC?

Popeye

« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »

What difference do you think your type of opposition has made to Glazer? Do you think he cares one iota about FCUM?

Couldnt give a toss what he thinks, Im happy

Popeye

« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »

I wasn't talking about moving your club, simply re-naming it Harchester United.
It sounds far-fetched, but that is what John Batchelor plans to do with Mansfield Town, after already buying York City, re-naming it York City Soccer Club and then asset-stripping it.
He is being bitterly opposed by Mansfield fans, but if the price is right, he will get the club, and has already said he is only in it to make money for himself and his family, which includes asset-stripping.

So, I ask again, what would you do if Batchelor was buying Alty? You say you would "oppose" him, but how would you do that, cos he clearly doesn't give a stuff what the fans think, and preys on the fact that you will just keep turning up through the turnstiles.
So would you oppose him verbally, but continue to fund his takeover and asset-strip by paying to watch your team?

Alty is run in such a way that I cannot see someone like Batchelor being able to buy Alty.

Could the FCUM fans answer a question: If you do not like what MUFC has become, but still support the club (from afar) - and I have no argument against that - why did you not simply "Adopt" a local non league club like us or one of the other clubs in Greater Manchester (ditto the FC Liverpool people with Marine for instance). I see FCUM as a club without identity as it has no home and appears to me to be a "Protest" club formed to make a point.
I wish FCUM no bad, but what will happen when you get to Blue Square level and are not allowed promotion through having no ground?

See points made about Leigh RMI and not stepping on anyones toes earlier in the post for why we didnt adopt another club.  Please also review my posts about grounds earlier on.  The clues are there folks, you just have to know where to look

Dougals Dad

« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »

I wasn't talking about moving your club, simply re-naming it Harchester United.
It sounds far-fetched, but that is what John Batchelor plans to do with Mansfield Town, after already buying York City, re-naming it York City Soccer Club and then asset-stripping it.
He is being bitterly opposed by Mansfield fans, but if the price is right, he will get the club, and has already said he is only in it to make money for himself and his family, which includes asset-stripping.

So, I ask again, what would you do if Batchelor was buying Alty? You say you would "oppose" him, but how would you do that, cos he clearly doesn't give a stuff what the fans think, and preys on the fact that you will just keep turning up through the turnstiles.
So would you oppose him verbally, but continue to fund his takeover and asset-strip by paying to watch your team?

Alty is run in such a way that I cannot see someone like Batchelor being able to buy Alty.

Could the FCUM fans answer a question: If you do not like what MUFC has become, but still support the club (from afar) - and I have no argument against that - why did you not simply "Adopt" a local non league club like us or one of the other clubs in Greater Manchester (ditto the FC Liverpool people with Marine for instance). I see FCUM as a club without identity as it has no home and appears to me to be a "Protest" club formed to make a point.
I wish FCUM no bad, but what will happen when you get to Blue Square level and are not allowed promotion through having no ground?

See points made about Leigh RMI and not stepping on anyones toes earlier in the post for why we didnt adopt another club.  Please also review my posts about grounds earlier on.  The clues are there folks, you just have to know where to look

Fair enough

Pickle

« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »

Am I fair in saying that you 'hate the yank',  but you are happy to cheer on the success at the football club whilst he is there ?
Do you not think the two go together ?

Devil's Advocate here: intrinsicly is that any different to one of us not going to ML cos GH is manager but still supporting the club?

Very good point.

Thing is, on this forum, some would argue black is white until they're blue in the face when it comes to FC United

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »

I think, having now thought on the idea, that it's a win-win situation for both clubs. FC have a more than capable stadium to play their cup matches until they sort a permanent stadium, we in return receive the revenue we need to compete in BSP/show intention in BSN. These games will also provide a good source of income if we have no home matches for a period of time.

We may have to swallow our pride after what happened last season with them. But Altrincham will always be a bigger club than FC United,even if they progress further up the leagues (although personally I believe they have found their natural level now at Unibond Prem)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Dougals Dad

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »

Am I fair in saying that you 'hate the yank',  but you are happy to cheer on the success at the football club whilst he is there ?
Do you not think the two go together ?

Devil's Advocate here: intrinsicly is that any different to one of us not going to ML cos GH is manager but still supporting the club?

Very good point.

Thing is, on this forum, some would argue black is white until they're blue in the face when it comes to FC United

All these colours!!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

fcum are being charged way too much by bury to play at gigg lane. or, so my mate said

timperley

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »

fcum are being charged way too much by bury to play at gigg lane. or, so my mate said

yep lost out on somthing like £40,000 last year

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2008, 04:17:57 PM »

I don't know what the going rate is for groundsharing, assuming the rent has to cover utility bills, club staff wages, floodlighting costs etc. Didn't MU reserves pay around 35K when they used ML?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...