PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX UPDATE
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HALIFAX UPDATE  (Read 12998 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: HALIFAX UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »

Sorry you lost me on this one ...

I was saying that it should be 13pts, thus meaning we'd be safe and thereforee my statement was myself 'clutching at straws'...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:40:49 PM by gazwarrington »

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:20 PM »

The deduction is something that gets me cos going into Admin must tie in with not being within the wage budget so therefore 13pts ?...

I'll get some straws ... !!!

were u actually being serious in this post, if u were my mistake, but it seemed weird that you said about the 13 points-after i mentioned 10 points for Halifax, and then saying u will get the straws- for whoever pulls the short straw analogy...

i just wanted to know why it was 10, not 15- but SW answered it in a civil fashion

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »

I was being serious hence why put 'The deduction is something that gets me cos ....'

Its 10pts for going into admin and also 3pt for breaking the wage cap, if you look at Crawley... So therefore 13pts and thus meaning we'd be safe ?

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »

sorry lad, saw it as sarcastic and a bit demeening, nevermind

so cant that be put forward ?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »

I suppose you have to prove its the wages that were meaning overspending and not 'other costs' that the club may have been incurring .. I myself think its a valid point but I could be a little biased on the subject ... he he

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 05:51:16 PM »

Talk to the average man on the street and Alty used to be known as a decent team in the 80's with a good cup pedigree.

Sadly these days Alty are known as ‘whose going to save you this time’.

I feel uncomfortable at the moment with this ‘eagerness’ regarding Halifax Town and their financial difficulties.

Yeh, I quite agree in some ways.

Re Halifax, I still think it will be sorted and I don't know why but the fact that we're the ones who could be reprieved again could count against us.

As I understand it, the May 10th deadline was a conference one, so that could easily be extended, there's afull month til the agm.

aldershot1234

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

Its more about the timescale though rather than the agreement .... oh and then they have to prove the ground is being improved and that has also been delayed due to the knock on effect of this.

Halifax fan here! We are in abit of a mess right now. In terms of sorting things out by the deadline we are in a tight situation. However we do not have to prove that the east stand has to be finished. Plans and contracts have now gone through and regardless of our status next season the ground will be completed next year. This is definately been put through as the rugby club are on the verge of reentering the superleague. Work is due to commence this summer as the Council owns the stadium. So this does not hamper us in anyway shape or form. Unfortunately if the Inland Revenue rejects the 10p in the £ you will gain another reprieve as Halifax Town will cease to exist as of 12 o'clock friday.

aldershot1234

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »

I think 10 points is still the penalty. Leeds cynically went into admin and were punished with a further 15 point penalty at the start of this season.

An extra 15 points was added on top as they didn't agree to entering the CVA. Halifax did this so therefore the penalty will stay at 10 points. Thats why Leeds toatl penalty was -25 points. 10 for administration and then 15 the following year as they didn't agree the CVA during th summer. Final point to pick out, Wages were not higher than any of the top teams. One of the fans asked Angie firth about contract situations and we are no way near paying as much as the top teams in terms of wages.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:10:06 PM by aldershot1234 »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »

I presume also that the consortium would need to find the 10p in the £1.00. Wouldn't the inland revenue accept 10p in the £1.00 because it was them who proposed it?

aldershot1234

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »

I presume also that the consortium would need to find the 10p in the £1.00. Wouldn't the inland revenue accept 10p in the £1.00 because it was them who proposed it?

I don't know. It's alot of money and I sound big headed and optomistic, however I think the consortium would be able to pay it off. Over the last few months they have been forward planning interviewing for new staff to help promote and run the club. This was all looking rather good and things looked in place until the shareholders decided they were unwilling to sell the club for the price offered. It annoys me as the club is bleeding money and needs the right people in place to help us balance things out. This is why we are in our current situation. We needed to sell cheaply so that we would have more to try and reorganise the club so we could begin turning a profit. If we stay up the money spent keeping us afloat will definately affect our situation over the next few years as we would have less than we expected to help reshuffle and start from scratch. Its an awful mess if you ask me. I wish we were in your financial situation. I can understand why you as fans are quite aggrieved.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »

But the extra money will maybe hinder the on-going ground developments ?

Can I say you shouldn't be paying as much as  'other' teams and more to what you can with getting 1,500(ish) home fans so that argument means nothing i'm afraid. We could pay double what we do now and be nowhere near the top teams but doesn't make it right ?

shaymen down under

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »

Here it is alty fans.... from someone who was there...

I was at the shareholders meeting this afternoon and the current position is as follows

The propsal to pay 2.5p in the pound has been rejected

HM Revenue & Customs did this,they automatically reject any CVA unless it is payment in full. Problem here is according to HMRC the amount they are owed is in excess of 25% of the total debt therefore what ever anybody else agrees the shaymen will go out of business at 1200 on Friday.
There is a small chink of light here as the administrator thinks HMRC have got their figures wrong and the their debt is under 25% the administrator is awaiting a call from then with the correct figure.

If the above hurdle is overcome and HMRC's share is less than 25% then provided all the other creditors agree on the latest amendment to the CVA town could still be safe. This latest amendment proposed at this mornings meeting asks for a minimum of 10p in the pound to be paid.

If the consortium are willing to stump up the extra cash then the administrator has to pay it all out by Saturday. If they don't then town go out of business at 1200 on Friday

I understand that although everything won't actually meet the conference deadline the adminstrator seems to think the Conference and the FA will use common sense and town won't be relegated. However this is dependent on town getting over hurdles one and two. We'll all know on Friday one way or another.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

I understand that although everything won't actually meet the conference deadline the adminstrator seems to think the Conference and the FA will use common sense and town won't be relegated. However this is dependent on town getting over hurdles one and two. We'll all know on Friday one way or another.

the adminstrator er would that be Rob Sadler of Begbies Traynor fame who was involved in Crawley?  ::)

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »

Why exactly does the administrator think the Conference and FA will make an exception for Halifax?  Common sense has never been a factor in their decision making, I don't see why they will start now?

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »

yeah, i dont see how the fact that we have been reprieved two years in a row, should that take away the fact that Halifax have done major damage to themselves ?- they owe High Schools money for gods sake, and a charity....

i am just quoting past alty fans saying- we have done no wrong, we are both a football club and a business, finance comes into it, and as we handle ours well we aren't in administration and been deducted 10 points.

How I see it Halifax Town FC have shot themself in the foot, without actually having a foot of their own to shoot
i love alty, whatever happens i will stick by them through and through
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX UPDATE