PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX UPDATE
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: HALIFAX UPDATE  (Read 12997 times)

markecky

HALIFAX UPDATE
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »

Things could be looking bleak for the Shaymen.  They have until May 10th to be out of admin to clear the Conference first hurdle....now the meeting has been adjourned until Friday May 9th.  Time was tight before...its tighter now.

Sad for the decent Halifax fans..but the offer was derisory in my opinion.

"THE future of Halifax Town is hanging by a thread after a meeting of its creditors was adjourned.

Without the adjournment a proposal to pay 2.5p in the pound for all debts would have failed and the club would have been liquidated.

The consortium wanting to take control of the club are now being asked to up their offer to 10p and administrator Rob Sadler warned there were no guarantees.

It would mean businessmen David Bosomworth, Bobby Ham and Stuart Peacock would have spent £800,000 to take control of the club and a commitment to fund ongoing losses running at up to £30,000 a month.

Only a handful of creditors turned up personally to the creditors' meeting held at the Shay in the Weaver's restaurant.

It was adjourned until 10 am on Friday to the Leeds offices of administrators Begbies Traynor."

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: HALIFAX UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:57:52 PM »

I've got every faith that they'll be OK.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »

I'm not so sure.

They were apparently confident it would go through at 2.5p.

I appreciate it makes sense for them to go in at their lowest offer but they now have to find 4 times the cash in 2 days.

It may also not be physically possible to complete the legal side to come out of admin so quickly.   We'll see...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »

The businessmen concerned seem to be experts at brinksmanship and I see this as nothing more than another good example of it.
I will be very surprised indeed if they're not OK by the deadline - it probably just means that they were trying one last time to save the extra money they've now got to pay towards the team next year.

There's nothing I'd love more than for us to stay up - but it's not going to happen again.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

tottenham alty

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »

I don't see why we should feel guilty for wanting Alty to be given another reprieve.... as has been said before, if Halifax are removed from the Conference it is of their own doing.

Also, I don't think the fact we have got out of jail two years previously will have any impact on the decision-makers tbh...

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »

Its more about the timescale though rather than the agreement .... oh and then they have to prove the ground is being improved and that has also been delayed due to the knock on effect of this.

Narcissist

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »

They've got no chance.

Its a shame for the fans. I can understand why they see as callous but f**k it, I dont support them, Alty comes first, or 21st, in our case most years!

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »

I think a precedent was set when Scarborough thought they had sorted everything out but then got kicked out anyway. Therefore, even if Halifax were to ahcieve the impossible and get everything sorted on Friday I don't think it would make any difference.

It would not be a cause for celebration but certainly a reason to feel a bit more cheerful f you're an Alty fan. Let's wait and see.....

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »

not a case of IF with me, its WHEN

up the alty

markecky

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 04:00:41 PM »

When we stayed up after the points deduction, I celebrated that because it was justice for the ridiculous decision.

Last year I was pleased but did not celebrate, same will happen this year if we get it again.

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

might i remind you we should have been celebrating since 26th April, we should of stayed up, should of beaten weymouth- with that performance, cant stress enough the immense belief the fans AND the players had.

we do not deserve to go down- simple fact that Halifax entered administration and that halifax lost, we were another 2 minutes from winning that game, but it just didnt go our way just like last game of season last season.

and another thing i want to know is why it was 10 points and not 15 points off Halifax, that a non-league rule for administration

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »

The deduction is something that gets me cos going into Admin must tie in with not being within the wage budget so therefore 13pts ?...

I'll get some straws ... !!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »

I think 10 points is still the penalty. Leeds cynically went into admin and were punished with a further 15 point penalty at the start of this season.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »

Talk to the average man on the street and Alty used to be known as a decent team in the 80's with a good cup pedigree.

Sadly these days Alty are known as ‘whose going to save you this time’.

I feel uncomfortable at the moment with this ‘eagerness’ regarding Halifax Town and their financial difficulties.

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »

gaz sort it out, attack another alty fan for asking a question... PLEASE halifax draw the short straw!!

sarcasm doesnt suit you
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX UPDATE