PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fundraising Ideas
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fundraising Ideas  (Read 6351 times)

PJ_ALTY.FC

Fundraising Ideas
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »

Heard a lot about 'Get behind the boys' and 'money making' so thought i would get in on the action, my ideas:

on a serious note 1) bag packing- a lot of clubs of many kinds have done this, i.e. cubs/scouts or just general charity work. if you get enough people- say 20- 10 to Sainsbury's and/or 10 Tesco in Alty- to spread about a bit im sure that can be one, and also best days include Saturday midday- most people there and probably most people free

2) sponsored 10km approx run around Alty, Hale and Hale barns.

3) day of activities at Moss Lane- e.g: kick up challenge, penalties and cross bar challenge for any age.

just three ideas to play on, suggestions welcome.
PJ
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:47:19 PM by PJ_ALTY.FC »

Longman

Re: Fundraising Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:13 AM »

I know this has been mentioned on another thread but what about an all day 6 a side tournament down at Moss Lane ;-

If it was say £30 per team entrance fee and we had 6 leagues of 4 teams, that would be £720 just for the entrance fee's.  Then you have the bar takings that should be open all day and following the tournament, also get loads of burgers and sausages etc and cash in on them!

With the bar / food takings as well as the entrance monies I reckon the day could raise in the region of £2,250.

Maybe not a massive money maker but would certainly put some cash into the club as well as being a bloody good day and a chance for people to play at Moss Lane.

I'm sure we'd have no trouble in getting teams togther as most people can recruit 5 or 6 mates etc. 

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »

I would be well up for that, and could easily get a team together !

Redmeister

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:33:13 AM »

Throw in a few celebrity teams and it'll get more publicity.

Get Corries stars and that playing. Key 103 are usually up for this kind of thing.

footiefan

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »

Throw in a few celebrity teams and it'll get more publicity.

Get Corries stars and that playing. Key 103 are usually up for this kind of thing.

thats a great idea, maybe get some ex players involved aswell.im sure some of them would love
to grace the moss lane turf again ;D

jim fallon

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »

My brother in law is the voice of galxay radio and does the new Gladiators advert does that count?  ;D ;D ;D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »

What about some junior tournaments?
Full time and proud of it

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »

great ideas coming through.

i would love to see the pitch being used in some sort of mini tournament way, and with different age groups- might be difficult to organise, but a great way of raising money. also with the great weather that seems to have come our way this spring- may carry through to summer

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

The football tournament is a good idea and I think if I remember rightly one ws advertised a few years back but I dont think it happened. It would be too late for this summer though as the pitch will be being prepared for the new season which usually takes a couple of months.

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »

it would be great to do a tournement and i think we should maybe do a tornament for Under 16s and a tounement for everyone else. 10-20 teams would raise a bit of money if you had to pay to enter

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »

as longman said- £30 a team, so less than a fiver a player (inc. subs) and im sure parents may pay for younger teams.

what would also be funny is if a mini fair was maybe set up (bobbing for apples, throwing wet sponges at GH or any volunteers, and other mini games- all simple to set up with little cost)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »

as longman said- £30 a team, so less than a fiver a player (inc. subs) and im sure parents may pay for younger teams.

what would also be funny is if a mini fair was maybe set up (bobbing for apples, throwing wet sponges at GH or any volunteers, and other mini games- all simple to set up with little cost)

With some of the recent posts on here I'd say we'd make a fortune!

PJ_ALTY.FC

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

GH would have to agree of course  ;)

but i want to stress, would love to see a tournament going on at Alty- hey may find some potential colin littles !!!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »

A good fund and profile raiser was the Rocky Robin penalty shoot outs at school fetes and the Altrincham Festival. Last I heard there were plans to be involved in this years festival.Is this still the case ???
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »

or in VofD's case bricks.. ;D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fundraising Ideas