PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 42966 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Creditor Update
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »

Well I've just had a word with one of the creditors and told them to refuse the offer of 2.5p in the £, they are one of my suppliers whom we have a spend of excess of £100K with.

That's the good news, the bad news is that they are only owed £235!

Acorns turn in to oaks folks!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Longman

Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »

Well what did they say?  That they were going to refuse it?

Is it 25% of the debt that needs to refuse the 2.5p, or 25% of the creditors?  I assume it's 25% of the debt obviously!?

HalifaxWhacker

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »

What a bitter bunch, haven't you lot cheated you way to safety enough. You have no respect from other teams and it's getting worse. Shame on you, concentrate on your own team.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:01:19 AM »

Tell us when we cheated?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »

To be fair to HalifaxWhacker, threads like this don't make us too popular with the outside world - I mean "Creditor Update". However, the comment about us being "cheats" shows that those poor buggars are just as desperate as we are right now. What a f**king mess - it needs addressing once and for all I think as it's just not fair on anyone. Always the fans who are crapped on.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »

Cheating is getting someone to do something you have no intention of ever paying them for.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »

if the situation was reversed then a halifax fan would be hoping for us to go bust, thats just life. the idea that by staying within the rules and staying up because others dont, is somehow cheating, is frankly completely bonkers

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Whacker,

Bitter? - no REALISTS. Every year some team ends up proving any success they achieve on the pitch is on the basis of running up debts they are unable / unwilling to pay. Every year we have to put up with the 'no disrespect to Altrincham but we really should be beating teams like them' mantra from outfits who are living on the never never and the media's 'struggling Altrincham' phrase. If you experieced this you might understand why we take an interest in the finances of some of our so called superior rivals. A lot is made on this board and by our club of the difficulties we face as a part-time club in the BSP. What's plain is that there should be plenty of other part-timers as well but they're kidding themeselves, the fans and the FA that they're full-time outfits.

In order to maintain Halifax's full-time status we hear that they are losing £30k a month. The  potential new owners are saying is that they'll only take over the club if the creditors accept  £50k of the £2m owed to them. Whacker I'm sure a bunch of your mates could raise that on your credit cards! That's one thing, but they also say they will substantially invest in the club - great, but with what aim? stabilising the club?  setting a realistic budget? - oh no they want to get into the  Football League by increasing the wage budget!  Just who is cheating who? - I don't think you need a Phd in Corporate Governane to work that one out.

Whacker, if we both had accounts at the same bank, owed them £100 and asked them to let me off for £2.50 I'd be cheating not just the bank but you too. Well this is where we are now - until some proper penalties are put in place for mis-management of football clubs we'll always get this situation, so don''t blame us for looking out for own.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »

There is a massive difference between cheating and profitting from the mismanagement of other clubs.

2.5p in the pound = cheating.

You do the maths!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »

To be fair to HalifaxWhacker, threads like this don't make us too popular with the outside world - I mean "Creditor Update". However, the comment about us being "cheats" shows that those poor buggars are just as desperate as we are right now. What a f**king mess - it needs addressing once and for all I think as it's just not fair on anyone. Always the fans who are crapped on.

Not really bothered about censoring my subject title!

Altrincham Forum, and it is not only true but also was supposed to be a laugh at the fact it is only £235.

Halifax Whacker is obviously a clueless knob jockey as others have pointed out in this thread.

Thank you one and all.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

HalifaxWhacker

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »

Worry about yourselves boys and girls, we will be okay so get concentrating on the Blue sq North. 65% of the financial vaue of the creditors has to be agreed and bearing in mind that 50% of that has already been agreed we have nothing to worry about. You have cheated your way into staying in this division, to constantly rely on other teams going bust etc. shouldnt warrant a place in the league, hopefully this will be the last we see of you for a long time now.

Narcissist

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »

I cant see how this makes us bitter?

Surely you're bitter because your club isn't being allowed to sit back and make a mockery of every club in the league and all the leagues below by clearly cheating off the pitch to gain reward on it.

We're not the only fans who have no sympathy for your club, we're just the club who are in a position to benefit from Halifax actually being fairly penalised for their wrong-doings.

Go on every other forum in the BSP and ask who has actually cheated their way up the table this season. Morons like you aside you'll find a similar opinion to ours, just that nobody else is that bothered about you. Enjoy your tour of non-league oblivion next season!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 01:04:58 PM »

Well I've just had a word with one of the creditors and told them to refuse the offer of 2.5p in the £, they are one of my suppliers whom we have a spend of excess of £100K with.

That's the good news, the bad news is that they are only owed £235!

Acorns turn in to oaks folks!

Well imho if you pay £100k to them add another £235 to it on the basis he says no to the 2.5p and he still gets paid hehehe

Seriously though talk like this does not make us popular

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »

Has anyone got £2,000,000 they could give me please,i will give you back £50,000 now thats a good deal.
Harold

Alty365

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 01:21:39 PM »

Worry about yourselves boys and girls, we will be okay so get concentrating on the Blue sq North. 65% of the financial vaue of the creditors has to be agreed and bearing in mind that 50% of that has already been agreed we have nothing to worry about. You have cheated your way into staying in this division, to constantly rely on other teams going bust etc. shouldnt warrant a place in the league, hopefully this will be the last we see of you for a long time now.

Scarborough thought they had everything "sorted" and look what happened to them. You are an idiot!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update