PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 43023 times)

andyc

Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »

I cannot believe that some Halifax fans have the complete lack of intelligence to blame Alty for wanting a reprieve. The facts are simple Halifax pay out money for players they can't afford to get the required points to stay up then go into administration. Alty pay what they can afford and struggle to get enough points, its no wonder we can't compete with the false money Halifax are paying out. If they get away with paying out 2.5p it is a farce and how can the conference allow clubs to operate this way. Administration should mean automatic relegation end of story. Halifax are the ones who are cheating people out of the money they are owed and what will they do after it is accepted, spend more than most for players to keep them up next season and end up owing people again. PATHETIC!

Jezza

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »

I wonder what the situation would be if we had beaten weymouth and halifax finished in 4th bottom?

I'm sure Halifax fans would be hoping Rotherham are OK and not complaining about the dripping pan being not fit for BSP....indeed they'd be praying they get relegated and that nobody who had taken points off them earlier in the season had been found to have done so breaking the wage cap.

wouldn't they?

Alty fans are getting embarassed at the constant relegations/reprieves......we are upset by photos of scarboro's ground falling into disrepair....but the fact remains we cannot comepete because other clubs spend beyond their means and we are not prepared to....the intial result is that we finish in the relegation spot......the end result is nearly always one of those clubs goes tits up and reprieves us.

What do you want us to do? join the club and buy 60 points with money we don't have and then go into admin....would we be an exciting proper club then deserving of our place?

No thanks we'll do it properly....we don't want other clubs to have difficulties...but maybe if halifax had spent within their means they'd have been occupying our place ....and no doubt hoping for a reprieve.

we are quite prepared to be relegated....it's just other clubs keep stopping us!!!!!!!!

Just be grateful our secretary isn't stirring things up.

Good luck halifax whatever happens.....we acknowledge it is not the fans fault when dickheads run clubs badly....halifax are without doubt a bigger club than alty with a football league background and a great stadium being built.

Oh and our greatest moment has oft been discussed....was it one of our 3 trips to wembley? drawing at goodison park? beating Birmingham? anyone of our record number of league scalps...winning the conference twice (and being denied promotion because clubs like halifax didn't want to vote for us because they were scared they wouldn't get a reprieve when they were bottom..remember that?)

Maybe we are getting payback for those times when 4th division rubbish used to reprieve themselves?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

The very nature of this post shows that you lot are hoping we go bust.  Insulting everyone's intelligence by pretending that 'noone has ever said they hope we go bust' is a load of bollocks.

Let's be honest, you guys deserve to go down.  We're talking 3 seasons in a row here guys.  You are not good enough for the BSP.  Face facts.

As for the creditors, they have a choice.  Either accept 2.5p or get nothing.  The consortium have made it clear that there will be no improved offer, the club will be liquidated and the creditors will receive nothing as the club has no assets to sell.

The major creditor is the consortium themselves, so they'll accept clearly.  The next biggest creditor has already said that he'll accept.  It is widely expected that the next biggest creditor will accept.  That's over 50%.

If I were you guys I would start accepting life in the ConfNorth. And don't expect any f-ing support from us the next time there's a Save Alty appeal or whatever that bollocks was a couple of years ago.

You really don't get it do you. If you gave someone £200 and they gave you 5 pence back I bet you would be well pissed off. If you say no you are a) a liar and b) stupid.
Why should  your creditors accept that detrimental return? When we almost went bust, we still paid all creditors back in full, because that is the right thing to do. The people who have run your club are at best useless, at worst corrupt.Their actions are indefensible. It is certainly not our fault this has happened to your team.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »

Dont worry girls, you wont face us next year.

You still haven't answered a very simple question: how did Alty cheat?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »

When he registered he mispelled WANKER

Altrincham Football Club are not cheats, muppet !!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »

Idiot HalifaxWanker calling Alty cheats: Is it slander or libel?

nevershaydie

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »

You really don't get it do you. If you gave someone £200 and they gave you 5 pence back I bet you would be well pissed off. If you say no you are a) a liar and b) stupid.
Why should  your creditors accept that detrimental return? When we almost went bust, we still paid all creditors back in full, because that is the right thing to do. The people who have run your club are at best useless, at worst corrupt.Their actions are indefensible. It is certainly not our fault this has happened to your team

YES we do get it and it's all we've talked about for the last few weeks.  Have a look at our forums.   We know that the club has not lived within it's means.  We know more than anyone else how mismanagement, missed opportunities, lack of commercial income and behind the scenes stand-offs have got us into this situation.  Make no mistake about it, our club has been grossly mismanaged for years and it's the fans (as ever) who have suffered the most.   We understand the concept of administration. We understand the morality issues in settling a £2,000,000 bill for £50k.

The people who have run our club have been clueless, or corrupt, or both.  That's not our fault.  The new consortium are left to pick up the pieces.  They had no option but to put us into administration.  The league rules dictate that we lose 10 points. We took our punishment and survivied.  But you would rather we go bust than you go down a league.

Like I said, don't expect anything from us the next time Alty are looking for votes of sympathy, or if you guys ever go into administration (it could happen, you know).

Jezza.  Understand your points perfectly and difficult to argue with them.  The only reason I posted is because people were saying 'We aren't hoping Halifax go bust', when in fact you are.  I'm not saying we wouldn't be the same in your situation.  But to then go on and deny it is laughable.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:31:14 PM by nevershaydie »

nevershaydie

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »

You call him an idiot and then admit to not knowing the difference between liable and slander.  How ironic.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

This argument will never go anywhere. No Halifax fan will want the deal to fall through because they spent beyond their means. And how many Alty fans are praying it gets the go-ahead because the fans didn’t ask for it? This is just creating ill feeling needlessly. As you have pointed out we may well need each other’s help one day so why lose it over some pointless row?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »

Spot on, this issue isn’t going to be solved by the fans.
But it is the fans that always suffer. :(

Reading Robin

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »

You call him an idiot and then admit to not knowing the difference between liable and slander.  How ironic.

Not really, writing on a forum can be seen as a grey area.  Its not really print or spoken word, i'd say it is libel though.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

Whoooosh!!!!!

Jezza

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »

I can only repeat....I do not want Halifax to go bust.

The majority of Alty fans would rather relegation is decided on the pitch....with a level playing field though.

There is a large body of Alty fans....not all and certainly not a majority....who would actually be happier watching BSN football next year anyway believe it or not.

I personally would rather we'd gone down last year and were now celebrating promotion.

It's daft falling out over this expecially when you say you might wish another club bust in our position??!!

You are actually lucky it's alty in 4th bottomand not another club......if you do survive (and good luck) then you wont find us sending e-mails around the other clubs trying to kick you out.

The fans at alty who want a reprieve...want a reprieve...they don't want someone to go bust but if that's the cae it really is not our fault..just as it wont be your fault.

It was alty who wrote off £80k from scarboro to enable them to continue for a few years...and boy did we suffer through that....but I think alty fans are proud of our clubs stance on that......when barrow wanted to protest in front of the conferecne committee they chose to do it at alty's unibond shield match and were supported by us.....we have been in danger of collapse ourselves I'm sure we don't wish it on anyone else....even Northwich!!!! (who also got lots of offers of support when they were in the sh*t a few months ago)

Maybe you'll survive, finish 4th bottom next year and then see how you like being in the position of getting a reprieve at the demise of another club and being accused of cheating............it's not nice!!!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »

Quite agree Jezza. Geoff is no Colin Peake ! I could understand it if we were up to those tricks but we're clearly not. I don't think one post on here as said they want them to go bust, most just find the scenario with the creditors a bit of line, like Jennifers dad has said, if you were to lend someone £200 and they said sorry pal bit skint now could you take 5p and then said cheers just off to get the ferrari, you and a few others would be a bit pissed. Then you have the fans discussing new players like Lee Elam who, everyone knows, rakes in an absurd amount of money !!

You have to laugh

the shayman hate alty fan

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2008, 08:50:21 PM »

i think the whole of you are giving yourself little respect.

football should be played on the pitch not off it.
the teams that go down are the teams that come in the bottom 4. that includes yourselves which means you should go down.

i think it is horrifying that you want a club to go out of business.

you had your luck now face the facts that you deserve to go down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update