PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Creditor Update  (Read 43018 times)

Longman

Re: Creditor Update
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

Whacker,

Bitter? - no REALISTS. Every year some team ends up proving any success they achieve on the pitch is on the basis of running up debts they are unable / unwilling to pay. Every year we have to put up with the 'no disrespect to Altrincham but we really should be beating teams like them' mantra from outfits who are living on the never never and the media's 'struggling Altrincham' phrase. If you experieced this you might understand why we take an interest in the finances of some of our so called superior rivals. A lot is made on this board and by our club of the difficulties we face as a part-time club in the BSP. What's plain is that there should be plenty of other part-timers as well but they're kidding themeselves, the fans and the FA that they're full-time outfits.

In order to maintain Halifax's full-time status we hear that they are losing £30k a month. The  potential new owners are saying is that they'll only take over the club if the creditors accept  £50k of the £2m owed to them. Whacker I'm sure a bunch of your mates could raise that on your credit cards! That's one thing, but they also say they will substantially invest in the club - great, but with what aim? stabilising the club?  setting a realistic budget? - oh no they want to get into the  Football League by increasing the wage budget!  Just who is cheating who? - I don't think you need a Phd in Corporate Governane to work that one out.

Whacker, if we both had accounts at the same bank, owed them £100 and asked them to let me off for £2.50 I'd be cheating not just the bank but you too. Well this is where we are now - until some proper penalties are put in place for mis-management of football clubs we'll always get this situation, so don''t blame us for looking out for own.

Absolutely brilliant post, fully sums up the 'reprieve situation' eloquently and conscicely, the point at the end is spot on - Halifax are not only cheating their creditors but also other clubs like us who run our club properley and ethically.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »

That's probably the first time that JTH has ever been accused of being concise.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

James Black

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »

oh shayman shut up what you having a go at me for.I am just stating fact that we are one of the best run clubs in the league, yet but for been one of them we suffer been relegated.

skircoatshed

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »

How dare Alty fans take the mick out of Halifax Town. You had 3 seasons to stay up in this league and manged 4th from bottom each time, it really is a bit embarressing for you lot dont you think. Every season you have to hope that a club goes into finacial trouble. Try on the pitch and you might not have this problem each season lads. I knwo which team i would rather support, watch cr@p football, never win anything, the highlight of Alty's history was probably beating us or you rather support a team that has played league football, wins most matches at home? Choice is easy lads now how about you stop worrying yourself about Halifax Town and get some players in for the Conf North.

We do not "Hope" cloubs get into trouble, but we do hope that such clubs that spend huge amounts of money with no intention of paying it back are treated with fair justice by the football authorities.

Alty: run well so remain healthy
Halifax: run like a dog's dinner and are morally corrupt.

I feel for the fans of 'Fax having to put up with the incompetence of the people who run the club.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »

Yeah its annoying how we have had people in charge of our club who know jack sh*t about how to run a club or bussiness. It doesnt help when there are other teams who want you to go out of bussiness just to stay up for the 3rd season running. Very selfish and to be honest lads i think some comments on the board as a whole have been a bit of a disgrace. All the best in conference north(hopefully!)

We don't "Want" you to go out of business. We want you to be run properly, but if your owners & board can't do that then you cannot blame us & ours.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

What a bitter bunch, haven't you lot cheated you way to safety enough. You have no respect from other teams and it's getting worse. Shame on you, concentrate on your own team.

You still haven't answered a very simple question: How are we supposed to have cheated?
By paying 100% back to our creditors?
By making a profit?
By running the club effectively?

Go on, enlighten us!

All Alty fans appreciate your anxiety. We have been very near extinction ourselves and don't wish this on anyone. What we do want is for the authorities to make sure such cases as yours do not happen again.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2008, 08:50:43 PM »

If we get a reprieve, it won't be because we cheated.  It was because a club persistently ran itself recklessly beyond its means, owing money to all and sundry and got itself in such a mess that it couldn't carry on.  Also if Farsley had finished fourth bottom (as they nearly did) this argument would be academic.  I daresay Farsley fans would be asking the same questions on their forum as we are now...

The good people of Halifax who wonder why we were crap at times might realise that we try to run our club in a sensible manner and so wouldn't blow money on players we couldn't afford (therefore leaving people hopelessly out of pocket) and refuse getting ourselves in a financial mess.  That's why we were crap. 

They might also consider that if they had actually bothered to live within their means they too might be somewhere in Blue Square North already.  But they'd have a club with a long term future as opposed to a basket case millions of pounds in debt.  There would have been no reprieve for us either...

I wish no ill on any club, we have had our own problems in the past. But for the Halifax fans who find it acceptable for their club to shaft people for hundreds of thousands of pounds just to stay in a division, I have plenty of pity.

Narcissist

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:54 PM »

f**k it, I dont care. I'll be completely honest. Shayman, you are a tit. I dont like halifax, probably since I was attacked by Robin Hood and three arabian kings on the Golf road one day as a youngster.

I will be quite happy for your club to go out of business. In fact i'm positively cherishing the thought that we might stay up at your expense. I want you to go out of business. I want your club to implode completely next week. I hope, just like you that we don't play you again for a long long time, except I hope its because Halifax is folded and forced to start in some tinpot regional league all over again.

Of course, I only want this to happen if it means Altrincham FC gets a reprieve and stays in the BSP. See, the thing is that I care about alty infinitely more than i care about Halifax or even the beautiful game as a whole.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »

:D

markecky

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »

I dont like halifax, probably since I was attacked by Robin Hood and three arabian kings on the Golf road one day as a youngster.

I was punched full in the face by a man in full prison uniform with a ball and chain carrying a swag bag.  That was before the days that prisons let people out due to overcrowding.

Loooking back had I reported the incident to the rozzers he would not have been hard to spot!

HalifaxWhacker

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »

Dont worry girls, you wont face us next year.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 12:19:25 AM »

Obviously. You'll be in the Unibond while we stay here. Goodnight and sleep well. Don't forget your teddy.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

nevershaydie

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »

The very nature of this post shows that you lot are hoping we go bust.  Insulting everyone's intelligence by pretending that 'noone has ever said they hope we go bust' is a load of bollocks.

Let's be honest, you guys deserve to go down.  We're talking 3 seasons in a row here guys.  You are not good enough for the BSP.  Face facts.

As for the creditors, they have a choice.  Either accept 2.5p or get nothing.  The consortium have made it clear that there will be no improved offer, the club will be liquidated and the creditors will receive nothing as the club has no assets to sell.

The major creditor is the consortium themselves, so they'll accept clearly.  The next biggest creditor has already said that he'll accept.  It is widely expected that the next biggest creditor will accept.  That's over 50%.

If I were you guys I would start accepting life in the ConfNorth. And don't expect any f-ing support from us the next time there's a Save Alty appeal or whatever that bollocks was a couple of years ago.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

just to repeat for the hard of understanding
if alty had borrowed a few hundred thousand with no intention of paying it back, we would have stayed up quite comfortably. your clubs actions have put your club in this situation. if other clubs stopped doing this then we wouldnt keep getting reprieved.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creditor Update