PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is no way we will go down...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: There is no way we will go down...  (Read 7959 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: There is no way we will go down...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »

Yesterday I was absolutely disgusted when their second went in to see GH laughing and having a joke on the sidelines.  If that were me I'd've been going mad with rage, as I'm sure most people on this forum would. 

I think that's a bit unfair, GH would have been castigated if he had gone nuts at that by people. I was on the terrraces and furious, perhaps on this occasion it was better that GH tried to laugh off the referee's ineptness.

Really don't think that's a valid criticism.

samba

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 02:02:30 PM »

Yesterday I was absolutely disgusted when their second went in to see GH laughing and having a joke on the sidelines.  If that were me I'd've been going mad with rage, as I'm sure most people on this forum would. 

I think that's a bit unfair, GH would have been castigated if he had gone nuts at that by people. I was on the terrraces and furious, perhaps on this occasion it was better that GH tried to laugh off the referee's ineptness.

Really don't think that's a valid criticism.
Fair enough Ballers. When the goal went in and it cut to him laughing it just seemed completely out of order and out of place.  You're probably right that it's better he kept his cool, but still feel he could have shown some emotion towards it.  It seemed (although hopefully incorrectly) that he wasn't even bothered.

HeyAlty

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »

Essentials to keep are little young lawton senior coburn and we need to try to keep peyton and lane but to be honest i think we should. I would say Shotton but I think its wishful thinking hoping that hes here next season. Best of luck to Shotton in the future I hope he can play regulary in the football league next season he deserves it.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

If he stays with Stoke then he'll be playing in the Premier League.

samba

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

If he stays with Stoke then he'll be playing in the Premier League.
Ah but if he says with Stoke then he won't be playing first team football, apparently their notorious for not giving youths chance in the first team.

Unless we pull of some sort of miracle by either signing him, or signing him on loan for another season (no idea if that's possible?) he'll probably move to a league club in the summer.  Although I suppose it's all dependent on what he wants!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

Can't see Shotton being allowed to come back to us next year. If he's loaned out Stoke would want him at a higher level. If he's released by them he'd be able to command a higher wage than we could afford (or maybe than we'd spend!)

Either way, good luck Ryan. Class player.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »

If the playing field was level, and all clubs operated on the same business ethics, teams who finished above us would not have survived.
Although I would have liked us to survive yesterday on points, I have no sympathy for the likes of Halifax, Crawley, Vics and Boston

robbie

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

For the sake of the all the rest of the BSP, you go down, stay down and never return to a league, you clearly dont belong in, are not good enough to stay in and look for every excuse in the book to blame except yourselves......your a poor team always have been always will be and everone is sick of you staying in this league on default.

Results dont lie.......simple as, you aint good enough!

Truth hurts..........yeh well so does a smack in the mouth!

markecky

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »

That is the funniest thing I've read for..oooo since June 28th 2007...

"You shouldnt even be playing in this league, your a bunch of sub-standard also rans that no one gives a toss about, who are getting frustrated cos you havn't signed anybody and are losing the few players that you have got, and dont give us any crap about being a well run club.you once nearly went down the pan...

Truth hurts??? so does a smack in the mouth!"

Nearly 12 months on and the same smack in the mouth line!

This guy is a crawley fan.  The irony!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »

I remember this guy, whenever we play Creep he's on here Peaking everyone to death. To be fair to the lad, if I had to live in Crwley I'd be full of inner rage too, when a luggage handler at Gatwick Airport is all you can aspire to be then you don't have much in life. Still, Steve Evans, what a manager, he'll have them dashing towards the play offs in no time next season or my name is Jon Sotnick. An example to all Crawley in the last few years on the right way to run a football club.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 07:18:53 PM »

For the sake of the all the rest of the BSP, you go down, stay down and never return to a league, you clearly dont belong in, are not good enough to stay in and look for every excuse in the book to blame except yourselves......your a poor team always have been always will be and everone is sick of you staying in this league on default.

As opposed to having a half decent side that holds its own in a league but is costing way way more than the club can afford and so leads to administration, people who are owed money being totally shafted, and a mere ten points off the tally for the year.  Lets see who holds the high ground, eh?  Lets see which club is ridiculed throughout the land.

We're crap?  Perhaps.  We were in a mess once?  Yep, but we kept our dignity and paid our way.  I think anyone at Alty can look your lot in the eye.

Narcissist

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »

The only real truth in the whole affair is that the FA will decide who is worthy of the BSP at the AGM, not halfwits like you. Unfortunately for you that means you will have to remember your password so you can log back in to our forum around May 2009 to repeat this rather amusing diatribe.

Thanks for caring!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »

I work with a half wit Crawley Fan who gloatingly after they beat 10 man Alty came out with the coment
"You will never beat the mighty Crawley"
He shut up when I reminded him that we had actually done that this season.

I am also baffled how Crawley can lose 4-0 at home to Halifax then beat Torquay away 4 days later.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

I am also baffled how Crawley can lose 4-0 at home to Halifax then beat Torquay away 4 days later.

In answer to the above quote.................maybe they just got paid their petrol money ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »

Check out front page of non league daily for more things to ponder...
Care to elaborate?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is no way we will go down...