News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reflection

Author Topic: Reflection  (Read 3152 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Reflection
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

All,

Firstly, may i congratulate all of the Alty fans that travelled to Weymouth today - sadly I couldn't go, but you are a credit to your team - I saw numerous faces from this forum that were there - Gaz W, Ecky, Duke etc, etc (Sorry if I missed you)

Secondly, can I congratulate the team for tryin their best today, OK, we didn't win, but we played in a style that I wish we'd played all year (a few games excepted!)

I do feel it is time for a year end post mortem - maybe it's a bit early but lets face it, when is a good time?!?!?

As i've said I couldn't travel today,  but I have seen 30 of our 46 games, so I can have a balanced opinion.

Opinion 1 - GH has done a great job for us for 6 years (in Oct), despite votes of confidence, now is the time for him to move over and let someone else bring their idea's to the fore! irrespective of the boards votes of confidence!

Opinion 2 - IN that position will be Ken McKenna - I'm sure it'll be debated to death, but I think he will play a style of football that I really think will see us have a chance in the BSN

Opinion 3 - GB didn't really add an awful lot when he came into the management team - however, he could still assist in some capacity

Opion 4 - If we now accept that the players we have are not good enough for the BSP (although since New Years day, I think we've competed well!) then we must keep a shell of a team - including Coburn, Young,Lane, Senior & Little (Loan players excluded for obvious reasons) - others can compete and do well - Peyton, Lawton, O'neill?

Opinion 5 - We should clear the dead wood from the team and start afresh - Aspinall, Sedgemore etc, etc

Opinion 6 - As a GREAT non-league team, we must now invest in some players that can get us promoted immediately - admitidely this may be difficult, but surely a club of our stature and integrity can attract players to our club, that will allow us a chance to bounce back?

Opinion 7 - The chairman is now where he wants to be uote "We want to be a big fish in a small pond not a small fish in a big pond - bottom line is the BSN is probably a harder league to get out of than surviving in the BSP - So what's he going to do??? pull the blindfold over his eyes and pretend everything is OK? He doesn't see most of our games, so reality check - Understand what's going on!!!

Opinion 8 - Our support will diminish - undoubtedly, however, given our turn out to away games as far as weymouth, do not be in doubt that we'll support our team week in week out, whatever league we are in!

Opinion 9 - We still believe, we still support, we still are one, We ARE ALTY AND ALWAYS WILL BE, I AM PROUD OF THE LADS AS I'M SURE EVERYONE ELSE IS - AND WE ALWAYS WILL BE FOR YEARS TO COME.

Hard luck today, at least we were positive, don't be too dis-heartened, there's always the AGM.

FOREVER ALTY!!!!!!!!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Reflection
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »

Some of your sentiments are correct, however KM will not join us I believe because his wage demand is too high?

GH may go but it is the players that play the football?

The season just finished was set for the league below hence we struggled, at the end we were 1 win from staying up, not a million miles from full time Halifax, WSeymouth or Northwich.

Our early home form cost us this year?

Anyway, come on Alty we can build on this!!

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:28:43 PM »

Alty Dave,

I agree, however 1 win is everything! Even 3 draws, but bottom line it didn't happen, maybe the manager said play long long ball all season?

Maybe it was playing players out of position? I could list it, but the list would be too long.

KM might not join us, but surely time for a change? YES, early season cost us, but again - can only be one person responsible? GH!!!

I agree, lets build on it, but we need to keep the nucleus of the team!

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »

My reflection is that the staff at the club gave it their best shot and there's no doubting that. We weren't up to it against the competition that was pitched against us in the BSP.

Following our failure this season we must look to freshen up with a change of management. I will be dissapointed if this doesn't happen but support everyone involved with the club either way.

Finally, there is the matter of whether the competition in this league is fair and just? Given that Halifax assembled a squad and paid them using money they never had any chance of accounting for i'm not sure it was. Even more so because there are other teams in similar circumstances.

Despite the fact that we are a great club with great staff we have to make changes and I hope the board and manager are honest enough to allow this to happen.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:36:25 PM »

I would say we need a LB, CH, 2 attacking midfield, winger and a forward to link with Colin and Chris

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 10:39:24 PM »

If only we could keep Ryan Shotton. He was pure class today (as he has been all season). For a loanee to give so much has been of great credit to him.

If anyone deserves success in his career it is he.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:45:54 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »

As we sang "There's only one Ryan Shotton" I thought, that's a shame we could do with two or three of him!  He looked gutted at the end and really appreciated the support.  Having already thrown his shirt to the fans he came back to throw in his shin pads as well.  A real quality player.

Good luck Ryan

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »

If only we could keep Ryan Shotton. He was pure class today (as he has been all season). For a loanee to give so much has been of great credit to him.

If anyone deserves success in his career it is he.

Hear, Hear. Quality player and he looked so gutted at the end.

Good luck in your career Ryan.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

The first goal was his and Tinno's fault!!!

Other than that Ryan had a great game, thanks Ryan

pyemantv wfc

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 12:01:54 AM »

weymouth here.

fair play to the 200 that came all the way to weymouth. Your boys gave it one hell of a go !!

All the best in conf north. See you all soon. love the terras

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 07:42:46 AM »

The first goal was the refs fault for not picking up their no19 who was fouling everytime he went for the ball,he got away with it and the squared the ball to muffs best player,as someone said yesterday muff should have only had 8 players on the pitch,the Ref cost us.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:59:31 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »

Ryan got turned for the first goal but he should never had been playing right back...he should have been the covering player and then Tinson should have been the player clearing from the centre of the goal.

Didn't someone say Ryan was the best centre half we've had at this club for years?.....what's he doing at right back?

I thought the team selection yesterday was spot on.....apart from the back 4 which beggared belief.

I don't care who is manager next year I just want to plead to the board and management.....if this is a business, it's a f*cking entertainment business....so can we be entertained please?

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

Ryan Shotton could hardly walk at times yesterday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reflection