PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Down at last
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Down at last  (Read 11561 times)

HalifaxWhacker

Re: Down at last
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »

Gutted that it came down to the two of us, I'm good mates with Chrissy Senior and I hope you keep him, still twists and turns that may save you though.

AltyFC

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »

You guys deserved to go down with us (Farsley) because of what's happened over the past few seasons. You've got a commendably passionate forum occupied by a large set of commendably passionate fans, but for you guys to survive this season would have been highly unjust. You may still do survive if somebody goes bust, but I hope that doesn't happen.
YOU KNOB
They should change the rules so teams can't stay up on a technicality two seasons running. There's a chance you guys might stay up having been relegated three times where as Droylsden, Stafford, and Farsley go down having been relegated only once.
I HOPE YOU DIE YOU WOOLY C**t
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 01:30:56 AM by AltyFC »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »

Cheers HalifaxWhacker,this is how it should be between clubs.Not the silly posts earlier.If you do not get your debts sorted and you do get kicked I will be sorry to see you go,i remember Halifax under Alan Ball senior and Alty first playing you in The FA Cup.good luck what everhappens.
Harold

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2008, 09:45:55 AM »

You guys deserved to go down with us (Farsley) because of what's happened over the past few seasons. You've got a commendably passionate forum occupied by a large set of commendably passionate fans, but for you guys to survive this season would have been highly unjust. You may still do survive if somebody goes bust, but I hope that doesn't happen.

They should change the rules so teams can't stay up on a technicality two seasons running. There's a chance you guys might stay up having been relegated three times where as Droylsden, Stafford, and Farsley go down having been relegated only once.

Why is it unjust to survive due to having a strong buisness plan ethic alongside running a family orientated club?

If you are in retail and you dont make enough money to cover the rent, wages and power etc your buisness closes its as simple as that.

Clubs who do not run there finances correctly should be closed. The rule of a 10 point deduction is fundementaly flawed. In my eyes it should be automatic relegation at the very least.

PS I am devestated that we have been relegated. Long live the Alty.
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »

For me there is no argument.

Halifax got more points than up by losing £30,000 a month, money they did not have.

If we had spent another £30,000 a month we would have had more points.

If you can do it and get away with it, the gamble was worth it (VICS)

If you do it and it backfires on you, thats life.

Jezza

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »

Not sure why macc are so happy....that must mean they still see us as major rivals? I guess just as all the football league (apart from Accy) look down at the joke club they feel some psychological need to look down on someone themselves????? fulltime and their gates aren't even double ours in the football league???

I find it bizarre Farsley are upset...the rules are simple and clear.....finish 4th bottom and you have hope of a reprieve.

I'm sorry for Stafford and Droylsden, I'm pleased for Vics they managed to get out of it.

Halifax's 'penalty' for buying points with money they did not have was a relegation scrap...is that enough? The rule needs changing..maybe put and keep the cluib onto zero points and they can't earn any more until they have paid the cva in full?

But I'm f*cking chuffed to bits Farsley are out....I hate these progressive clubs who claim to have crowds growing year on year and get promoted with a ground hardly fit for East Cheshire League and then they give it the old "we're going full time on gates of 500".

And when Vics did finally get kicked out they regained their honour by coming back the hard way and were congratulated by Alty fans..........my real gripe with Vics was that you could see their financial problems looming but they said no problem at vics we're heading for the fooball league (this was when telford saved them) yet their ground was not going to be finished clearly and money had run out....they were very lucky to actually complete the next season's fixtures......clearly at the time, telford were a sounder financial bet than Northwich and they knew it.

That's all in the past now but at least Alty fans show some embarassment at the reprieves and some do say they don't want one so at least we have morals at Alty....but maybe that's our problem?

Butchers

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 02:48:34 PM »

If there is any justice left in football (and please god there is) Then you will not be allowed to profit once again from another teams misfortune. >:(

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »

dunce

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008, 02:55:25 PM »

If there is any justice left in football (and please god there is) Then you will not be allowed to profit once again from another teams misfortune. >:(

I think you mean mis-management ... or bad management ... or shady/dodgy management.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »

Do you need it explaining to you again?  Jesus Christ....

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Yes, because getting into crippling debt when your business model involves losing £30,000 a month really is jolly bad luck, isn't it?

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

Just to play out this argument one more time... we wouldn't be in the bottom four if other teams above us played by the rules and didn't spend beyond their means only to shaft their creditors later in the season.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Longman

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008, 03:23:36 PM »

You are clearly extremely thick.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Down at last