News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Truth Hurts

Author Topic: Truth Hurts  (Read 3839 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Truth Hurts
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:54:30 PM »

Hate to say this but I saw this coming and called it months ago. Changes should have been made months ago. We sat back in far too many games, there were some bad tactical decisions, one sticks in mind is playing Aspinal and Scott in Centre mid at home to Northwich. We would go a goal or two down in games and then start attacking, goals win games and if we had gone for it from the start in more games then we would not be this position I am pretty sure about that. Chasing full time teams for a result just isn't going to work !!!!

We have conceded a lot of goals close to half time and the end of games, big one 3-1 up against Salisbury and conceding two in the 90th min, poor. We had Logan for a long time and he should have been used a lot more especially at home. No-one dare say 'end product' because Peyton, Robbie and Toulson have set up f*ck all. Should have used Cahill instead of O'Neil.

People may now see that your O'Neils and Peytons ain't good enough, they are just favourites. Big loss Val Owen. At the end of the day we have not battled enough in games this season. Sedgemore use to trot around the field like it was a Sunday league game, how he played that many games I do not know. For me what people don't also see is the amount mistakes Tinson has made and are now costly. Shotton and Young should have been the Centre backs. Senior should not have been dropped for a number of games, he has always been a constant threat, dropping him clearly knocked his confidence.It has been a poor season and there has been so many poor half hearted performances. Please God let it turn around on Sat but I just can not see it. One day I would like to see wingers and a creative midfielder back at this club. Rubbish.

Dougals Dad

Re: Truth Hurts
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »

I think Warren's dislike of playing left back upset GH's thinking on occassions. Senior would have been better on the wing, Warren at left back or centre mid.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:57:37 PM »

Bad loss for me was drawing away at stafford early in the league, we could easily have won that one.  Also boxing day and away at farsley when they were down to 10 men these for me are the three that count
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »

Good point. The games against the relegation rivals were "6 pointers." The more points we get from such games the less our rivals do - but this did not happen.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »

Oneedham - I agree with every comment you have made - are you me?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

Look everyone, the fat bird is outside my house now but I've been out and taken her microphone. Wait till 7ish on Saturday, and even then party like hell, Weymouth is nicer than Alfreton.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »

Hate to say this but I saw this coming and called it months ago. Changes should have been made months ago. We sat back in far too many games, there were some bad tactical decisions, one sticks in mind is playing Aspinal and Scott in Centre mid at home to Northwich. We would go a goal or two down in games and then start attacking, goals win games and if we had gone for it from the start in more games then we would not be this position I am pretty sure about that. Chasing full time teams for a result just isn't going to work !!!!

We have conceded a lot of goals close to half time and the end of games, big one 3-1 up against Salisbury and conceding two in the 90th min, poor. We had Logan for a long time and he should have been used a lot more especially at home. No-one dare say 'end product' because Peyton, Robbie and Toulson have set up f*ck all. Should have used Cahill instead of O'Neil.

People may now see that your O'Neils and Peytons ain't good enough, they are just favourites. Big loss Val Owen. At the end of the day we have not battled enough in games this season. Sedgemore use to trot around the field like it was a Sunday league game, how he played that many games I do not know. For me what people don't also see is the amount mistakes Tinson has made and are now costly. Shotton and Young should have been the Centre backs. Senior should not have been dropped for a number of games, he has always been a constant threat, dropping him clearly knocked his confidence.It has been a poor season and there has been so many poor half hearted performances. Please God let it turn around on Sat but I just can not see it. One day I would like to see wingers and a creative midfielder back at this club. Rubbish.

Nothing more needs to be said .,...... one of the finest posts i have read oneedham! And f**k me the truth does hurt !!! spot on !!! Sorry if people disagree but its all there to be read !!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »

Wasn't the 'winger' Carlos Logan.... who got burnt out after 10 minutes on the pitch and played a terrible backpass ?
Wasn't the 'creative midfielder' Gareth Whalley... who was injury prone and simply not up to it ?

I think GH did TRY to bring in the players last summer, don't forget we lost a big chunk of time not knowing we were going to be playing in the BSP. When he realised was when he changed it by bringing in the loan players. I agree that theres a few players who simply are just not up to it no more, most of which you mentioned.
One again my own opinion !

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:50:45 AM »

Agree with most of that but I think Peyton has been outstanding this year and it is down to the manager to play him wherever the manager thinks we will get most out of him.

I think we set up to play conf N and struggled in the 1st half of the season because of that.

You have to give credit where it's due to the 'cote...the change around from Boxing day's debacle against Vics and the form leading to that and the form afterwards was notable and could still nearly be enough.

Players like Tinson we normally play in pre season before finding out they're worth it in which case Bury or Rotherham sign them or we find out they're useless and they end up at Trafford.....we took a gamble on a player clearly past his best (otherwise Burton wouldn't have released him) and the defensive record has been poor.

We have struggled all season because of a lack of a decent target man and a lack of decent width.....which was the main difference between this team and the one that came up from the BSN.

If we do survive it will be interesting to see if the 'cote rebuilds with more season long loan players or finally finds the best winger, left back and target man from the lower leagues for little money.

Joe has put the effort in....you can just see him going to another club and scoring 20+ goals next season.....or maybe not! I'd beinterested to see how many assists he got this year though.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »

Well done Jezza, what I was thinking ! .... Tinson was also 'on holiday' for about a month then officially signed, Pre-Season basically screwed us up for the first half of the season, add to that dissappointing players who you would have thought much more of !

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »

Agree with most of that but I think Peyton has been outstanding this year and it is down to the manager to play him wherever the manager thinks we will get most out of him.

Peyton outstanding?!! You've got to be joking. Peyton has been absolutely dire. Fair play he shows plenty of energy but in this league that isn't enough. His passing is terrible and has made too many individual mistakes.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »

game of opinions............

warren has been left back left wing dropped centre mid left back left wing.

what do you want consistency?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »

Consistently Inconsistent lol  :D

chrisrufc

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »

Peyton is too slow on the ball, I can't fault his work rate though.  Football was too negative at home but at least GH did bring in better quality after Christmas
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Truth Hurts