Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should we be supporting Weymouth tomorrow?

Author Topic: Should we be supporting Weymouth tomorrow?  (Read 2649 times)

The Fan

« on: April 21, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »

Does anyone think that it would be beneficial if Weymouth won on Tuesday and thus had nothing to play for? I appreciate the fact that we would rather be in the mix with 5 teams rather than 4 but if any team was going to escape the drop prior to the last game, I think I would rather it be them.

I can see the argument that if they were still in the mix then an Alty win on Saturday could damage them at the same time as benefit us - I just wonder if we shouldn't be half hoping that they are safe by 10pm tomorrow night?

Any thoughts? 

le bignose

Re: Should we be supporting Weymouth tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »

Does anyone think that it would be beneficial if Weymouth won on Tuesday and thus had nothing to play for? I appreciate the fact that we would rather be in the mix with 5 teams rather than 4 but if any team was going to escape the drop prior to the last game, I think I would rather it be them.

I can see the argument that if they were still in the mix then an Alty win on Saturday could damage them at the same time as benefit us - I just wonder if we shouldn't be half hoping that they are safe by 10pm tomorrow night?

Any thoughts? 

Personal the bold sums it up for me!! so yer course i want them out of the picture!!!! If they have to play for their lives come Saturday then it makes the game more interesting but from an Alty poiunt of view course we want their season over, and for them to relax and not worry as they are clear !! Gives us more of a chance doesnt it ..........

Best thing to happen is they win and stear clear of a final day decider!!!

pyemantv wfc

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »

if halifax or farsley fail to win we will be safe anyway. However we don't want to rely on that and want to get the point or 3 at the shots. Until it's mathematically safe, we won't be celebrating.

highwayman

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »

Any thoughts? 

Personal the bold sums it up for me!! so yer course i want them out of the picture!!!! If they have to play for their lives come Saturday then it makes the game more interesting but from an Alty poiunt of view course we want their season over, and for them to relax and not worry as they are clear !! Gives us more of a chance doesnt it ..........

Best thing to happen is they win and stear clear of a final day decider!!!

I think you are right but how many times do you see teams providing stiff opposition when  they have nothing to play for and are told to "just go out and enjoy themselves" e.g. Ebbsfleet last Saturday and Aldershot in the last game last season.

There is a counter argument that if Weymouth are not safe going into Saturday and they are as anxious as we are then mistakes will be made due to nervy play. It will be down to who is more up for it on the day. Could be interesting.

I only hope that our destiny is in our own hands come 5.15pm on Saturday and that if we win then we are safe come 7.05pm.

It will be unbearable if it is not in our hands and we win and everybody else does enough to send us down!

Longman

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »

Saturday is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

le bignose

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:46:34 PM »

i feel sick thinking about it !!! i hope the lads are rev'd up and raring to go for satdi !! GH will get the best of them come 5-15 !!

They know what this means to family Alty FC!!

Longman

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »

i feel sick thinking about it !!! i hope the lads are rev'd up and raring to go for satdi !! GH will get the best of them come 5-15 !!

They know what this means to family Alty FC!!

If they don't then they certainly will when they run out to us lot in full voice!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »

Makes no odds who you support tommorrow will not make a blind bit of difference.I will be at Weymouth on Saturday and i have never seen Alty lose to Weymouth and i was there last season for our first away win of theat season.I have been watching Alty since the mid 60s,so have seen a few Alty Weymouth games both home and away.
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »

Makes no odds who you support tommorrow will not make a blind bit of difference.I will be at Weymouth on Saturday and i have never seen Alty lose to Weymouth and i was there last season for our first away win of theat season.I have been watching Alty since the mid 60s,so have seen a few Alty Weymouth games both home and away.

Good for you, Harold, have a goodwin to keep you company!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:12:55 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »

thank you my first goodwin hooray.Lets just keep our fingers crossed till saturday night.
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team