News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how embarrrassing

Author Topic: how embarrrassing  (Read 2424 times)

James Black

how embarrrassing
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »

how do Droylsden pay their players when only 252 (BBC stat) turn up at the butchers arms on a thursday night. Teams like that shouldn't be aloud in the BSP there an embarrassment to the league we get more than that and the excuse that they got city and  united  on there doorstep is a sh*t one cause so do we and we get more than that.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: how embarrrassing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »

yeah but would you pay to watch that sh*t at the butchers

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »

I'll say it again that I actually feel sorry for Dave Pace now. I really do.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

I was talking to my removal man about this the other day - it is a shame for Pacey that he has put so much into the club for so little recognition.

Maybe some of his previous arrogance has come back to 'repay' him, but I believe he has always done his best for the club.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »

Hardly an embarrasement, they are in the league because they won the Nationwide North, so got promoted. How would we like it if we were denied promotion because we are part time ? Well you can't turn round to Droylsden and say your average attendance is 400, thats not good so your are not allowed to be promoted.I would say the financial incapabilities at other clubs are more embarrasing to the league to be honest, the guys ploughed millions in to that club, and sometimes I do feel sorry for him.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:38:43 AM »

Hardly an embarrasement, they are in the league because they won the Nationwide North, so got promoted. How would we like it if we were denied promotion because we are part time ? Well you can't turn round to Droylsden and say your average attendance is 400, thats not good so your are not allowed to be promoted.

My thoughts entirely.  The support the fans give is more important than the numbers. A crowd of 250 fervently behind the team is worth more than 500 or 1000 who give little support or are negative.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

I'm afraid that is what happens when you take over a club likke Droylsden, plough millions in and just expect a die hard support of 800 to materialise from somewhere to turn up for a meaningless match albeit one of your last in the BSP.

It takes decades of success to build up that sort of hardcore...

So if we feel sorry for Pacey (albeit with a bit of a smug told you so smile creeping into the corners of our mouths) will he start talking sense and stop insulting the dinosaurs who used to be famous?..let's hope so!

Anyway that's just one more progressive club taken to the conference from the North west trains proompting a lot of gloating along the way going back to their roots....I'm sure they've enjoyed the ride and better to have loved and lost than never to have loved I guess.

Farsley take note....I'm sure there is a lesson here somewhere for you.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 01:51:13 PM »

When will clubs learn that slow and steady growth is the only way? Always and without fail, moneymen will eventually pull the plug and everything that's been acheived just drains away.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »

come if you had lived in Droylsden all your life then you would follow your team i hope,thats what most people do.United etc are exceptions to that though.
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »

When will clubs learn that slow and steady growth is the only way? Always and without fail, moneymen will eventually pull the plug and everything that's been acheived just drains away.

To be fair, whatever you say about Dave Pace (and there is a lot that you can) this statement doesn't apply to him and Droylsden. He's been there the best part of 15-20 years now from when they really were low down.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how embarrrassing