Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why I think Chris Senior is best on the wing...

Author Topic: Why I think Chris Senior is best on the wing...  (Read 2494 times)

Dougals Dad

« on: April 17, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »

from SAM match report:

"The points were wrapped up after a fantastic dribbling display by Chris Senior saw him power his way through the Salisbury defenders"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:57:14 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Narcissist

Re: Whi I think Chris Senior is best on the wing...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »

Hows his crossing?

Serious question. As we all know far too well, Logan dribbled better than Kenny, but also crossed like him. End result is a lot of goal kicks and opportunities to get behind our defence.

Longman

Re: Why I think Chris Senior is best on the wing...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »

What I couldn't understand was when Lynch went off on Saturday and O Neill went to left wing and Senior went up front!?

To me surely we would be stronger with Joe up front with Col and Senior on the wing.  It's blatantly obvious Joe is not a winger!

le bignose

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

What I couldn't understand was when Lynch went off on Saturday and O Neill went to left wing and Senior went up front!?

To me surely we would be stronger with Joe up front with Col and Senior on the wing.  It's blatantly obvious Joe is not a winger!

very very true .......

But in my eyes col and senior are our best attacking options, i dont think many can argue with the connection they have up front and the partnership they have, so where's that leave Joe

ah i know .......... the bench!! Which i really do think he is best coming off giving us a slightly different attcking option.

Its been said on another thread that Joe is to easy to mark up front and after 10 - 15 mins where he looks decent he fades out cos he is simply to easy to mark!!

We cant start with Shotts up front as well cos the guy was blowing after his ten mins ha!!

Also all this talk of can he cross cant he!! the only player to my mind in recent yrs to cross a ball anywhere decent is Potts. We are not a rteam and dont have players of winger/crossing ability who like to get to get the ball and hit the by line and whip a ball in. Its old talk all this can he cross!! Can Joe knock a ball in from wide, can senior, can peyts .... all no!! Our strenghts ly with getting the ball in thru to col and senior on the deck, how many times do they split a defence open!!

Longman

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »

very very true .......

But in my eyes col and senior are our best attacking options, i dont think many can argue with the connection they have up front and the partnership they have, so where's that leave Joe

ah i know .......... the bench!! Which i really do think he is best coming off giving us a slightly different attcking option.

Its been said on another thread that Joe is to easy to mark up front and after 10 - 15 mins where he looks decent he fades out cos he is simply to easy to mark!!

We cant start with Shotts up front as well cos the guy was blowing after his ten mins ha!!

Also all this talk of can he cross cant he!! the only player to my mind in recent yrs to cross a ball anywhere decent is Potts. We are not a rteam and dont have players of winger/crossing ability who like to get to get the ball and hit the by line and whip a ball in. Its old talk all this can he cross!! Can Joe knock a ball in from wide, can senior, can peyts .... all no!! Our strenghts ly with getting the ball in thru to col and senior on the deck, how many times do they split a defence open!!

I'm not so sure Little and Senior do have that good a connection up front to be honest, I'd be interested to see how may goals we've scored from when those two are playing together up front?  I'd bet it''s not that many!  Both very good players, however i'm not sure they are a great partnership.

Speaking of good crossers - James Jennings was very good!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

The Joe O'Neill wing thing came to a head this time last year when we got those few away wins a la Morecambe, He played on the wing then, I think the Salisbury right back was poor, Turnbull skinned him and Senior blew past him and that 7ft defender.Although O'Neill would have hit the bar  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 05:22:20 PM by blackpoolalty »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

And we haven't had a 'winger' since Kevin Ellison, so you could say everyone else is blatantly not a winger

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »

What shocking substiutions GH made against Salisbury, putting lane when we 1-0 down  and moving Joe to the wing and stuff - damn we only scored 3 goals.

Come on guys it worked and it was right on both occaisons - well done GH to be honest.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:33:39 PM »

And we haven't had a 'winger' since Kevin Ellison, so you could say everyone else is blatantly not a winger

Er, Colin Potts?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »

Ok, you win..  ;)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »

re-word it .. a 'winger that we have seen play regularly' .. he he

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 07:02:10 PM »

re-word it .. a 'winger that we have seen play regularly' .. he he

Robbie Lawton. ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team