News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now is the time to rally round.

Author Topic: Now is the time to rally round.  (Read 4160 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »

There will be plenty of time for being negative after the season's finished, waiting for the AGM, and besides, prophecies of doom can be self fulfilling. Let's try and think positive for these next few matches until it really is over one way or other.

I can tell you, if we play like we did last night, we are more than capable of getting the results we need. The next three games can hardly be tougher than the last three, and without wanting to tempt fate, we are capable on our day of winning all these matches. Stay positive, show the lads our support, concentrate on getting as many as we can down to "Ebbsfleet" and Weymouth - and on Saturday for that matter.

I'm not convinced the other sides in it are on form. Farsley, apart from Torquay, have not been anything special lately. Weymouth have about two wins in 16, Halifax of course are struggling, Northwich drew at home against a mid table side, and had a player sent off. 9 points should be enough, 7 might be enough.

And about the Weymouth game. A wise man once said that if two teams in this situation play each other and one needs a win while the other needs a draw, the one that needs the win usually gets the win.

We could easily be in our highest position of the season on Saturday night, let's hope so!  :P

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Now is the time to rally round.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »

I think we'll get a win Saturday and at Weymouth with a loss against Ebbsfleet. I think that 6 points will do us as Halifax have given up and out of Weymouth and Farsley the latter to go, I mean how demoralising to lose at home to Droylsden who had nothing to play for.

Can I just add Burton were excellent, as said before never put a foot wrong bar the keeper clanger. Also I think the players look absolutley fooked... I just hope theres 270 minutes worth of gas left in them before we plan for next season in the BSP  :)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »

I know we always lost to Gravesend, but these runs come to an end sooner or later, and what bertter time than now with ERbbsfleet tired and nothing to play for and perhaps distracted by the trophy final.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:58:36 PM »

I know we always lost to Gravesend, but these runs come to an end sooner or later, and what bertter time than now with ERbbsfleet tired and nothing to play for and perhaps distracted by the trophy final.

.....or competing for places in the trophy final squad?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:08:37 PM »

That's odd....because I seem to recall spending a rather enjoyable afternoon in Gravesend back in May 1980!

The same result on 19th April 2008 would be rather welcome.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll be amazed if 6 points isn't enough, after all, Halifax don't look like getting another point. I think if we go for it in all 3 matches, there's a fair chance we'll win two of them. Keeping it tight and picking up 3 draws is no use now. I think we can do it and to be fair to GH, I think he knows we need to go for the jugular in our next game.

Foz

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 06:31:04 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll be amazed if 6 points isn't enough, after all, Halifax don't look like getting another point. I think if we go for it in all 3 matches, there's a fair chance we'll win two of them. Keeping it tight and picking up 3 draws is no use now. I think we can do it and to be fair to GH, I think he knows we need to go for the jugular in our next game.

I think that would depend on which games we get the points in. If we lose to Weymouth, i doubt the 6 points from the other two would be enough.

crewe alty

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »

3 wins or 3 years, nuneaton,kettering and eastbourne lost out to us 3 years ago and are only know in with a chance of promotion to bsp.if we go down it could take us that long to get back, so being posotive and getting behind the team and managment is what we all need to do for the next 3 games.away support and singing is fantastic but we need as many people down at moss lane as possible on sat to help cheer the team on.WE CAN SURVIVE  COME ON ALTY. :)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »

I cant agree more. We need to get behind the team now. 3 wins is expecting too much - but so was the 3 wins away from home when we got promoted against all the odds.
I challenge all Alty supporters to try and bring an extra 2 or 3 mates each to these games as it would swell our numbers immencely and give the team a great lift.
I am trying to do that for both Ebbsfleet and Weymouth
I remember that great day in 1980 at Gravesend and the scenes afterwards.

JT

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

Just been on the old facebook, and invited everyone in my contact list to 'The Last Home Match of the Season'
if your on facebook then find it and get inviting people so we can get as many people as possible down for the match and create a good atmosphere

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »

Well i have just done it,had a bet with a work mate that Alty will stay up,so thats me £1.00 richer,i then looked at the games of Farsley and Northwich and they have some tough games coming up.I told my mate after seeing them we could finish as high as 18th.COME ON ALTY
Harold

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

Yeh I seen the facebook thing, I must admit this game doesn't seem to be attracting as much interest as Aldershot last year, I know that was our very last game but this is our last home game. It could well be to the players advantage, less pressure and all that
Can I also say that my perspective of Ebbsfleet/Gravesend is that we NEVER get naff all off them

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »

Yeh I seen the facebook thing, I must admit this game doesn't seem to be attracting as much interest as Aldershot last year, I know that was our very last game but this is our last home game. It could well be to the players advantage, less pressure and all thatCan I also say that my perspective of Ebbsfleet/Gravesend is that we NEVER get naff all off them

I'd have said that there is more pressure on the lads at home, and less away from home.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team