News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 explanation

Author Topic: explanation  (Read 2679 times)

dino

explanation
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »

can anybody explain why the board have not given an explanation and proffered an appology to the supporters of the club following saturdays unsavoury incident?

clearly it was witnessed by members of the board...are they so feeble as to sweep it under the table?

Hamilton

Re: explanation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »

Good point.

Presuming they have discussed it (in fairness, they might not have had the chance to meet yet), what action are they going to take?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »

With every respect,whats the point in posting on here asking to explan something on behalf of the board? Everyone  knows who the board of directors are,every can go into the club on any given day and find at least one board member at the club, anyone can ring up on 0161928-1045 and ask them by phone.Maybe the full to the brim coaching courses at the club every day this week bringing in vital monies might be taking peoples attention at the moment,or any host of things.I saw a member of the board up a ladder at the side of the mainstand checking the cctv when I drove past this morning.Im in no why being an apoogiste on behalf of anyone here, but why the attitude dino? surely you know the people that run our club are approachable.If you think that its not on that nothing has followed on from a statement released three days ago then make your feelings known.I wonder if your not really wanting an apology and are using this to have another go at the manager? as you have had a go directly at the manager in one way or another in every post you've ever made on this forum.If you dont like the manager or want him here fair do's,but be honest enough to say that rather than using last saturday as a stick to beat people with. 

Longman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »

Can I just clarify, is 'Dino' actually Dino Maarmira???

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »

I agree, Dino does indeed have a point on this one.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »

"Following the incident that occurred at the end of the game on Saturday the Club have sent a letter to Torquay United Football Club to apologise for their part in the matter. The game was equally important for both clubs and emotions were running high. The Club do not condone this type of incident and hope that it does not sour the good relations that we have generated between the clubs this season. The Board of Altrincham Football Club are undertaking investigations into the causes and appropriate action will be taken once concluded".

Maybe the board have not 'concluded their investigations'.

They have released a statement saying they do no condone this ebhaviour. Do they really need to tell everybody exactly what happened and why, and if they feel the need to then they will.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »

I agree, Dino does indeed have a point on this one.

The Club released a statement on monday night!!! played in a f**king cup final last night!!!!!,tonight is wednesday night!!!!! Are you people real or what??,they will make another statement when the conclude their investigations, maybe they have nothing to apologise for,they will probably be in discussion with torquay,or may have been advised to say nothing whilst the FA is carrying out an investigation,who knows?. I hope none of you f**kers are in the jury if I ever end up in court, jesus.  

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »

On a slightly seperate note I am f**king livid with what Colin Lee has had the nerve to come out with this week.

I'm not going to say much, clearly we need to sort out what went on on Saturday first (no comment as I was on the other side of the pitch), and it's best to keep a low profile until something is sorted but how dare he come and bang on about professionalism in the conference.

The chief executive of a 'professional' club with crowds of 3,000 who cannot fulfil their fixtures on a given day if it f**king suits them and they think they can stitch up a part time side by moving the fixture to midweek on the pretence that they don't have stewards, a very fundamental part of football that fulfilling fixtures.

I think he should be ashamed of himself.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 08:18:06 AM »

I enjoy the fact that Colin Lee is 'innocent' in all this but came DOWN from the Directors box to say something ?... maybe if stayed where you were then wouldn't have got involved ?

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »

With every respect,whats the point in posting on here asking to explan something on behalf of the board? Everyone  knows who the board of directors are,every can go into the club on any given day and find at least one board member at the club, anyone can ring up on 0161928-1045 and ask them by phone.Maybe the full to the brim coaching courses at the club every day this week bringing in vital monies might be taking peoples attention at the moment,or any host of things.I saw a member of the board up a ladder at the side of the mainstand checking the cctv when I drove past this morning.Im in no why being an apoogiste on behalf of anyone here, but why the attitude dino? surely you know the people that run our club are approachable.If you think that its not on that nothing has followed on from a statement released three days ago then make your feelings known.I wonder if your not really wanting an apology and are using this to have another go at the manager? as you have had a go directly at the manager in one way or another in every post you've ever made on this forum.If you dont like the manager or want him here fair do's,but be honest enough to say that rather than using last saturday as a stick to beat people with. 

Say no more!

Cant believe that people actually criticise the board/management time after time after time after time on issues like this.

What should we do, go on granada tonight and publicise the fact just to  pacify a few people who hold themselves in higher  moral regard than the club.

Asking for an apology over something you weren't involved in and aren't even fully aware of the facts? Typical of what some people deem this forum to be useful for to be honest and I dont care who I annoy. Its just nitpicking because they haven't got a proper case to argue. Not to mention how boring it is.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »

Hear Hear.

Asking for an apology over something you weren't involved in and aren't even fully aware of the facts? Typical of what some people deem this forum to be useful for to be honest and I dont care who I annoy. Its just nitpicking because they haven't got a proper case to argue. Not to mention how boring it is.

Couldn't agree more.How do people know we have 'investigated' and found that we have no case to answer. I certainly did not see what happened but have heard various bits and bobs from people but even they 'differ'...

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »

I couldn't help smirking at lee's arrogance...is he still smarting over the fact he and his professional colleagues took two bites to finish off this part time cherry all those years ago?...are we still such a thorn in his ambitions?

His comments about the Alliance Premier League becoming the 3rd division are purely to try and artificially raise the status of the position his club finds themselves in....what's he going on about? Surely the likes of Accrington in the football league and Farsley getting an A grade and FGR not being able to cope with a 2,000 crowd are proof this is a tinpot league....get used to it!!!!
(I thought they had embraced the tin pottedness of the league when they postponed our original fixture for spurioius reasons?)

Also liked the fact the Torquay official came all the way down from the main stand to calm things down...a bit like Roy Keane used to run 50 yards to tell the complaining Utd players to leave the ref alone and show rspect eh?

Hopefully he'll get a 3rd chance next season for his professional set up to actually beat us part tiem amateurs?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 explanation