Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What the hell happened at the end of the game???  (Read 23758 times)

Butty

Re: What the hell happened at the end of the game???
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »

Appropriate action will be: We give Mr Heathcote a full vote of support from within the board and with due respect have come to the decision that we will leave him in the position he is currently in.

altyf

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »

yes i agree gulls turnout was poor but considering  Torquay is a long way from most grounds in this league ie. Stafford last week then Alty, Droylesden on tuesday it can become a touch costly, Good for me  though as i live in derbyshire.
Getting back to yesterday, fair result in poor conditions, i think you get fans of all kinds at any club, i attended on saturday had amiable conversations with several Alty fans, shame about the fracas at the end it was totally unwarranted as the game had been played in good spirit.
Good luck for rest of season

I was by no means having a go at those who did travel from Torquay, I was simply annoyed by the fact that some of the Gulls fans gave us a hard time when taking 70 on a Tuesday, when many of those individuals were unwilling to travel to us on a Saturday.

markecky

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »

Fans who sing "going down" to clubs they have no rivalry or history with are tw*ts in my opinion.

That is all.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »

Agreed. Are you reading Kidderminster.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

le bignose

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »

Fans who sing "going down" to clubs they have no rivalry or history with are tw*ts in my opinion.

That is all.

Agreed to a certain extent Ecky .............. didnt we start chanting to them once we went a goal down and got annoyed, and sang something along the lines that they will be in this league for years!! If im wrong i apologise

If true .......... its called swings and round abouts !!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2008, 09:15:56 AM »

They sung 'going down' before any response from the Alty fans... As may I add they did at Plainmoor ...

le bignose

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

then thats fair enough and a big "f**k you" to the tw*ts!!
 :-[

seasonticket

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:24 AM »

Afraid its the usual story. League club gets relegated to Blue Square, think they have a divine right to immediate promotion and when little part timers do not roll over to let them win the arrogant bar stewards get upset. End of...

Northumbergull

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »

For all the fact that some idiots sang, "going down", and that was uncalled for, we have NEVER seen ourselves as anything but a small club punching above our weight in the league.  The fact that we had 80 years as a league club is as much a surprise to us as anybody else!

Sure, I'd like us to return to League 2 a.s.a.p., but none of us are under ANY illusion that we're in the BSP other than it's because that's the level we slipped to after last season.  Last season wasn't a fluke, we consistently played badly and got our just desserts.

Northumbergull

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »

Fair enough comment there mate.

you prob can't blame fans for the first so many games to think they are 'better' than others but surely by this time of the season and its looking like 'play offs' and not automatic promotion that they should realise ??

We have seen a few clubs coming in with big attitudes and ideas above there station and they are the ones that seem to be hanging around non league the longest !

Northumbergull

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

Gaz

We have seen a few clubs coming in with big attitudes and ideas above there station and they are the ones that seem to be hanging around non league the longest!

Might you be thinking of our country cousins 20 miles up the road from Plainmoor by any chance!  ;)

I think the only time I have ever sung, "going down", was in the last few minutes of our final game against Barnet a few years back.  If you recall, one of us WOULD be going down that day.

http://www.football-england.com/barnet_2_torquay_3_2001.html

Even then, it was sung more out of sheer relief than anything else!  When we ran onto the pitch at the end, it was as much hugs all 'round with the Barnet fans as anything else.

Back to the post-match fracas, our local paper, the Herald Express, is apparently running a back page headline today stating that "LEE MAY TAKE ACTION AGAINST ALTY BOSS".  We're sorta hoping that he doesn't take this forward and let's sleeping dogs lie.  In the long run, it'd be better for both clubs and the game in general, I think.

Cheers

Bruce a.k.a. Northumbergull

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:59:21 AM by Northumbergull »

VofD

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

Appropriate action will be: We give Mr Heathcote a full vote of support from within the board and with due respect have come to the decision that we will leave him in the position he is currently in.

NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT >:( >:( >:(

Northumbergull

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2008, 02:11:46 PM »

The latest from the Torquay evening paper, the Herald Express:

LEE MAY TAKE ACTION AGAINST ALTY BOSS

Torquay United's Chief Executive, Colin Lee, could take action against Altrincham manager Graham Heathcote after the extraordinary touchline scenes which followed Saturday's 1-1 Blue Square Premier draw at Moss Lane.

Heathcote appeared to lunge at Lee in the angry scrum which developed on the touchline after the final whistle.Spectators looked on in astonishment as players from both sides and Altrincham stewards tried to separate the warring factions. Both clubs are almost certain to face a Football League inquiry about the incident.

But Lee, who watched the game from the directors' box, said last night: "I went down to try and defuse the situation because I could see it escalating.

"Without going into too much detail, their manager tried to punch me. I have to consider my actions now.Neither I nor Torquay United want to be involved in that sort of situation. It was avoidable."

"I told him (Heathcote) to grow up and get into the dressing-room. I never threw a punch. I didn't go down there for that. It was an embarrassing situation created by an opposition manager."

Lee added: "Paul (United manager, Paul Buckle) was trying to get away saying, "Let's go and thank the fans for coming."

"The referee will have no choice but to report the incident, but I have to say that I believe our management staff were in control of themselves throughout."

Buckle said later: "There was obviously a scuffle. It was a passionate game, but we don't want to see that."

Heathcote commented: "Maybe they (Torquay) think we should just lie down, but the game's there for both sides. Some teams think it's just about them because they are at the top of the league."

United Chairman, Alex Rowe, was one of the Plainmoor club's official party. He said only: "I really don't know yet how it all started."

But there will clearly have to be some sort of investigation and, with West Midlands referee, Andy Hendley, his assistants and the referee's assessor all on hand to give evidence, both clubs could end up on the FA's Solo Square carpet.

Northumbergull

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »

So there's going to be a Football League enquiry is there - did no-one tell the Herald Express that Torquay aren't in the league any longer?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Northumbergull

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »

Reporters, they're just not 'on the ball' like they used to be!

Northumbergull
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What the hell happened at the end of the game???