Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How come Northwich can buy a place in this league for next season??

Author Topic: How come Northwich can buy a place in this league for next season??  (Read 3377 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

With no money, no saleable assets,and gates of 600,yet we are being out bid and out spent by them and we've made profit for the last four years? Its all very well being honourable,but we'll be honourable in the Blue Sq North come August. They wont give a f**k about starting on -10 points, should that be the case, once theyve got their 100k TV money from setanta at the start of next season with a christmas derby against Wrexham to look forward to.

Jezza

Re: How come Northwich can buy a place in this league for next season??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »

To think we were feeling sorry for them a few months ago....there's a lesson there i think.

Every bubble has to burst and as you say with no assetts and gates of 600 they'll come unstuck sooner or later.

Next year don't they start paying the walrus pension of £50k per year as well?

Longman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:35:58 PM »

With no money, no saleable assets,and gates of 600,yet we are being out bid and out spent by them and we've made profit for the last four years? Its all very well being honourable,but we'll be honourable in the Blue Sq North come August. They wont give a f**k about starting on -10 points, should that be the case, once theyve got their 100k TV money from setanta at the start of next season with a christmas derby against Wrexham to look forward to.

I agree with this, it's ok being noble and doing the 'right thing' etc, but at the end of the day nice guys finish last!  :-\

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:42:57 PM »

I'm proud that we have a club which pays its way and sticks to a budget, but more and more I wonder why we bother going down this route.  Count up the clubs which build up six or seven figure debts and can wipe out 90% of the debt by losing just 10 points.  Whilst we have such a limp, ineffective punishment against this sort of thing, it will continue.  The only deterrent is automatic relegation as soon as you go into administration.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

I'm proud that we have a club which pays its way and sticks to a budget, but more and more I wonder why we bother going down this route.  Count up the clubs which build up six or seven figure debts and can wipe out 90% of the debt by losing just 10 points.  Whilst we have such a limp, ineffective punishment against this sort of thing, it will continue.  The only deterrent is automatic relegation as soon as you go into administration.

They do it to avoid dropping a league so, as has been said by so many so often, penalise them by dropping them a  league.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 03:57:45 PM »

They do it to avoid dropping a league so, as has been said by so many so often, penalise them by dropping them a  league.

Or 2 if they win promotion!

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

spending beyond our means is a non starter, we nearly went bust last time.

Spending our profits and balancing the books at £0 is however perhaps the way to go.

Yes we made £70 odd thousand pounds but that was this year after we had our team set up.

If we stay up i am sure money will be made availale to get some good new blood.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »

The £70k profit last season needs to be put into context.  By 2002 the club was massively in debt, it had made an operating loss of about £500,000 from 1999/00 to 2001/2.  The profits made since then have probably only clawed back what was lost to begin with.  Also, making £70k profit doesn't mean there is £70k lying in the bank.

I think the board's approach since 2002 has been absolutely correct - never again do I want a live the dream, boom or bust, speculate to accumulate approach at this club.

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »

This 10 point thing is what gets me.

I cant believe thats a penalty in comparison to an administration error made by another club which cost us 18 points  ???  ???

They're all scum!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »

The £70k profit last season needs to be put into context.  By 2002 the club was massively in debt, it had made an operating loss of about £500,000 from 1999/00 to 2001/2.  The profits made since then have probably only clawed back what was lost to begin with.  Also, making £70k profit doesn't mean there is £70k lying in the bank.

I think the board's approach since 2002 has been absolutely correct - never again do I want a live the dream, boom or bust, speculate to accumulate approach at this club.

This is a point I have tried to make a few times.

I think some people think we get a weekly statement with +£70,000 on and the directors think  "ooo look at that sat there, great stuff"

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »

never again do I want a live the dream, boom or bust, speculate to accumulate approach at this club.

I fully agree, but I also dont want to see my club continually out bid and out spent by clubs that are miles smaller such as Northwich victoria,Stalybridge Celtic and Hyde United.It's embarrassing and dishearting, Hyde and stalybridge put togther pull in less than our average gate, so isnt it about time the Gareth Seddons and Chris Halls were playing here? We should have the BEST PART TIME PLAYERS IN THE NORTHWEST at this club, yet theres a number of them  plying their trade in the league below.If we arent going to go full time,as was decided early this year then fair enough if it cant be afforded,but please can we go out and start to sign the very best of the part time players.Northwich have had NINE league gates under 700 for goodness sake and look at the squad he's putting togther.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

I know it must grate with you guy's but we were VERY lucky to have been given a lifeline at the eleventh hour by Mr Rushe and his 3 associates. I was at the Vics supporters trust meeting in October when this chap (Jim Rushe) stood up in front of me and, out of the blue,  said that he had bought the club from the walrus.
We were at the time discussing the hows and where's of starting again in the North West Counties league for 08/09!
 We don't know how long it will last but I have heard nothing from the consortium so far that makes me doubt that they are in it for any other reason than to have a go at running a successful footy team (unlike the lies of the snaggletoothed one).
 They seem to have a lot of dosh to throw at it, and I hope they succeed, but if they don't then I and the other 600/700 regulars will still be there to watch them wherever we end up.
 For what it's worth, I hope we both stay up as the league is better with us both in it to represent our region.
 Good luck for the rest of the season. :)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »

never again do I want a live the dream, boom or bust, speculate to accumulate approach at this club.

I fully agree, but I also dont want to see my club continually out bid and out spent by clubs that are miles smaller such as Northwich victoria,Stalybridge Celtic and Hyde United.It's embarrassing and dishearting, Hyde and stalybridge put togther pull in less than our average gate, so isnt it about time the Gareth Seddons and Chris Halls were playing here? We should have the BEST PART TIME PLAYERS IN THE NORTHWEST at this club, yet theres a number of them  plying their trade in the league below.If we arent going to go full time,as was decided early this year then fair enough if it cant be afforded,but please can we go out and start to sign the very best of the part time players.Northwich have had NINE league gates under 700 for goodness sake and look at the squad he's putting togther.

I guess that if we are being outbid by Hyde or Stalybridge given how crap their gates are then they are either running at an almighty loss or have a sugar daddy propping them up. 

Its catch 22.  We've been stung by a sugar daddy in the past, and going over budget nearly finished us too.  We don't want either of those but we then can't be surprised if we're not getting the best players in.  Cruel but true.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How come Northwich can buy a place in this league for next season??