PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If You could Change One Result.......
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: If You could Change One Result.......  (Read 4152 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »

this season what would it be. Just a bit of (wishful thinking) fun. Rules are you can only step up one level, ie a defeat changes to a draw or a draw to a win.

Will it be Vics at home, one point gained but one off them, Farsley home or away converted to a win, or perhaps one of the draws with Halifax? Perhaps not blowing that lead at Salisbury and keeping confidence then?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hamilton

Re: If You could Change One Result.......
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »

this season what would it be. Just a bit of (wishful thinking) fun. Rules are you can only step up one level, ie a defeat changes to a draw or a draw to a win.

Will it be Vics at home, one point gained but one off them, Farsley home or away converted to a win, or perhaps one of the draws with Halifax? Perhaps not blowing that lead at Salisbury and keeping confidence then?

I was just wondering something along those lines as Setanta commentator says 1 of only 3 Vics away wins was at Alty.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:14:51 PM »

I would change the result of the vote undertaken by the Conference Committee that allows clubs to be punished 'the next season' rather than at the end of the season that they committed the breach of rules.
I am of course referring to the wage cap, which seems to be largely ignored and even when caught out, the punishment is a points deduction next season.
Yes, I am bitter, but no doubt Crawley will have the usual points deduction over the Summer and start next season again in the same division.

On the playing front...........it's got to be Boxing day, 2 pts of Vics and 1 onto our tally.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »

I would change the result of the vote undertaken by the Conference Committee that allows clubs to be punished 'the next season' rather than at the end of the season that they committed the breach of rules.
I am of course referring to the wage cap, which seems to be largely ignored and even when caught out, the punishment is a points deduction next season.
Yes, I am bitter, but no doubt Crawley will have the usual points deduction over the Summer and start next season again in the same division.

On the playing front...........it's got to be Boxing day, 2 pts of Vics and 1 onto our tally.

I agree with Pacey: relegate them!

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »

changing the vis loss to a draw would gain us 3 points over them. deffo

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »

Hmm, the reason I posted this was because I couldn't choose between the Vics result or taking +2 and -1 off Farsley.

Just a game, lets hope it is all it is. Was really hoping for a good Weymouth weekender without any meaning to the match.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »

After watching Vics tonight there is no way they will be relegated. I would vote for a win instead of a draw against Halifax.

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »

Probably a win instead of one of the draws against Farsley

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »

I would change the score at Oxford this year. We were out of it. 0-1 would do. We enjoyed the evening out in Oxford despite the dismal performance.  Could we change the weather as well, perhaps to warm and sunny?!

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »

Oooooops, just read the rules, I will have to settle for 4-4.

louise1925

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

We have contrived to throw away so many matches this year that I can hardly bring myself to single one of them out. I missed the home defeat to Crawley, but my dad and brother described them as the worst team they've ever seen at this level.

Longman

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »

We have contrived to throw away so many matches this year that I can hardly bring myself to single one of them out. I missed the home defeat to Crawley, but my dad and brother described them as the worst team they've ever seen at this level.

No they were not as bad as Stafford!  ;)

VofD

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »

Probably a win instead of one of the draws against Farsley

Same goes for me.

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »

Win on boxing day instead of ruining my christmas

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »

If it's a case of changing a result I think the home draw against  Farsley into a win would have seen them off.

If we can throw an imaginary effect into it as well I think I would change Salisbury away so that we held on for a win there, just think that winning there would have given us a boost and I think we may have gone on to pick up 5 or 6 more points before xmas...... I think!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team