Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Looks like Macc have got themselves a firm!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looks like Macc have got themselves a firm!  (Read 5893 times)

thegazelle

Re: Looks like Macc have got themselves a firm!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »

i was just about to post it was foxy who usually got it!!!!!

Macc was a funny day even though i still have a scar on the inside of my mouth, i came out of the bar at half time, last (it is recorded that it was my 16th pint, not bad for a 3pm kick off) and the macc fans were lined up along the players tunnell both sides (that was the way out of the bar) i got a good shoeing and non of our lot knew it happened . i eventually got out and tried to get at one of them, a spurs fan and obviously the smallest when derek kennerley got involved and told everyone i started it as he only saw the last bit. It went off several times on the way out with fairer odds and foxy got another kicking whilst i was sick in my hat on the coach. Two black eyes a couple of cuts loads of bruises and a sore pair off bollocks, i still never learned my lesson. i think we won 5-1 so it was all worth it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:55:08 PM by thegazelle »

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »

what year was that? i know i wasnt there and i wonder why

thegazelle

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

1978 i think

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

Yep 78-9 just before the first Spurs game. On a Cup theme I do remember being chased out of Bramhall Lane and the only place of refuge was a curry house. Strange day all round as we stayed in Sheffield that night and witnessed what looked like the full cast of Peter Pan (Capt Cook and all) queueing up at a chippy once the clubs got kicked out (it was the height of all that New Romanitc bollocks). Was the Vics mod episode the following season when a big fat bloke in a parka got hit by an old gent with his stick? (sorry for not being sure but I had recently taken to watching games wih the aid of my grandads hipflask).

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

I too was there, we were in Maccs bar at HT when some lads, I remember one in a long leather, decided to bait us. The Gazelle wasn't the last out, I was, as I remember some lad saying "Looie has had a smack".None of us knew though they got him on his own as cowards do. It kicked off as Gazelle states on the way out after, several of us literally having to fight our way out and back to the coach.

Football is a lot more civilised these days certainly at our level.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

after Sheff utd we went to see rick wakeman at the city hall foxy and si sarron were at sheff uni.

i remember a big and i mean massive bloke in a ripped jumper (punkesque) getting flattened in the golf road but that was against southport. my only recall of the northwich mod day was being amazed at some of the people who stood their ground, I was never the bravest but there were some who were quicker to depart.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:48:07 PM by thegazelle »

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »

i left bramhall lane with my brother who was off his trolley. i was doing my usual blend in withthe locals bit but he kept singing alty alty alty alty altrincham under his breath. i told him i was going to abandon him if he didnt shut up. he was too off it to realise there were angry sheff utd nutcases all around us.

gazelle, thats why i remember the vics thing fondly. those mods came in and thought they were really hard, one of them gave a slap to the only bloke who stood up to them (he was well known but i cant recall his name)and they set about intimidating everyone. then the bloke who got hit ran back in and launched himself at the biggest one. cue pandemonium as everyone, and i mean everone - 14 year old kids, middle aged men etc - leaped on them and battered the crap out of them. i will always remember the leader being taken out by the coppers in tears going 'but they started it'.

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »

this is quite enjoyable, less mronic but quite odd plus i always though macc like filming sheep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs_WmxtpphY&NR=1

What a load of Bullocks!!

RocketDan

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »

yeah and Danny Dyer is going down to film these boys cos they are proppa naughty

Can anyone confirm rumours of the ARS?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Looks like Macc have got themselves a firm!