PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can you explain??????????
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Can you explain??????????  (Read 15749 times)

Jacko

« on: March 17, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »

Why you love Alty fc in this thread? i'd just like to read how everyone got into the robins and there story

samba

Re: Can you explain??????????
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:39:31 AM »

I got into the Robins due to my brother (Joe).  Used to go along with him and just loved it from there on in.  I was a massive fan for a couple of years before we got relegated to the Unibond last, then stopped coming (I was broke/student).  Then last boxing day (The 10 man 3-0 against green slime match) I came again and have been regular again ever since.  f**king stressful though! I honestly wonder what it's like to support a promotion chasing team sometimes.  Not as much fun I bet ;)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:46:02 AM »

i started watching in the late sixties when my baby brother keith was mascot my biggest match was when we played wolves in the f.a cup  i then stopped watching untill three seasons ago when my 2 sons asked to go to a match they enjoyed it and we have become regular fans since

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

In the blood,My father has been watching Alty and sadly United since he was 10, 74 years ago(and still gets to the odd Alty game). i started watching Alty 44 years ago(and City of course).Grandfather,Uncle x2my brother all Alty fans.My grandfather on my fathers side was sadly an ex Vics player.But i never knew him.
Harold

joe

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

Been watching Alty since my Dad took me to my first match in 1981 aged 6 and have been hooked ever since. I used to go every game home and away but although i still attend every home match my away travel has been cut down due to having a young family although i still manage to get to about half the away games. My son's now 5 and started coming to home games with me on a Saturday. Hopefully he'll stick at it like i did!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »

On my 9th Birthday, Monday 4th April 1988 My mum and dad bought me a big tropical fish tank and took me to Alty v Enfield (5-1, still have the programme) .. I stuck with my interest in Alty, wish I knew more about Tetra's and angel fish but I have to stick by my decisions...

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

My dad has been watching them since he was a kid, and he started taking me when I was about 6/7 - 1982 ish.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:04 AM »

Went to see them bring back the FA Trophy on my Grifter (I'm on the video!) at Moss Lane in 1986.  Then my school (Stamford Park) got some free tickets after a tour of the dressing rooms.  I can still remember running down the tunnel and being amazed. 

Went with the tickets in 86-87, then went and paid from 87-88 onwards.  About 1989 they were looking for people to help tidy the ground, I went down and ended up spending my whole six weeks hols there doing painting and stuff.  I had more on me than on the pillars.  The club gave me a season ticket and I was hooked. Went Northwich away for a couple of seasons, then my first proper away game to Wycombe on the train in 1990.

From Slough away in 1991 to Harrogate away 2004 I never missed a game home or away in any competition. I am very proud of that.  Then family came along and priorites had to change (not without a fight but thats another story).  Now attend 99% of home games and as many aways as money, family and work will alllow.

In between that I helped setup the supporters association, been a director, commercial manager, pa announcer, gateman, steward (once), coach organiser, forked the pitch, painted the ground five times, and been supporters team manager.

Never let it be said that the kids tickets and schools stuff are not important.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »

Ecky you forget, and you've been 'ear clipper' at Hyde ?!

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »

I got brought by my dad when i was 7 because i couldnt sit still and man u would have been a nightmare (he was a stretford end regular).

A 0-0 draw with barrow in the trophy or cup. think it must have been 88-89 ish. despite a poor game i loved it. waited a few weeks for my 1st alty goal in a 2-1 defeat to chorley.

I started going on my own regularly with the free messenger tickets. So Ecky's right they do work. I know a few lads who got hooked that way and still go now.

Who knows why I love them. At the moment I feel more of a burden than love!

AltySi

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »

1st game wss Marine at home in the cup in 94, a couple of mates from school had been trying to get me to go for ages, ended up being worlds oldest ballboy for that game!, and been hooked ever since!

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

My dad brought me when  i was about 5 years old, erm back in 1975.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

Got taken as a 6 yr old in '73 I think....first memory was the SC**thorpe away match before the Everton match with those massive proper football league floodlights which made me dizzy looking up at them.

Obviously the pride of following Alty through the real glory years bult up a deep love...a relationship based on trust...I would always be there and Alty would always win for me.....then like most relationships the sex started to suffer a bit..it has been difficult getting aroused in later years.....a bit of effort on Alty's part (let's face it, she'd let herself go) in the face of severe old age problems a few years ago  persuaded me to give the relationship another go and for a few years it was worth it with some of the old fizz coming back and the relationship was rekindled.....once again Alty became a trophy team to take down the pub and show off about......at the moment we are having severe problems once again...I can barely stand to look at the old tart.....but I stick by her in the vain hope i can change her...that she will once again take an interest in her appearance and become sexy once more...but at the moment I just can't trust the bitch. I'm trying though coz divorce is such an admission of failure.

As the sad chav tarts say on Jeremy Kyle about their promising yet alchoholic cheating boyfriends........burraluvim.

I think that's  as clear and concise and explanation as I can give...it sort of makes sense to me.

At least I'm not seeing anyone else.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »

My Dad has been going for 40 years + and would always go on about Alty, the giant killing in the FA Cup and the "Glory Days". He finally took me when I was 7 - in 1985 to Alty vs Barnet - We won 2 - 0 and from there on I was hooked.

I moved out of the area for a while so missed some of the baron days when in the Unibond, but now travel regularly to watch home games.

I'd pick Alty over Man U, City etc everday of the week - There's more passion, conviction, distinction and at present there's that "under dog" type feeling that builds the anticipation in you for days before a match...

Alty have been my No 1 club since I was a nipper and will be for many more years to come!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 01:03:31 PM »

What I like about this thread and well done to Jacko for starting is that we have a lot of people with red&white blood who will continue to support this club. Who remember the good and bad but are still here. I'm a fairly 'new fan' but will love it when I can be saying "been watching Alty for 40yrs+) knowing that there will be people who will have just started watching Alty who will get hooked as well.

I also have never known so many replica top wearing people in the Town, or indeed younger fans at the games. Its great to see and long may it continue, imagine what we'd get if we were a top half side !.. The potential is there, especially with more and more people getting fed up with top flight football.

Altrincham FC is so much more than just watching a football match for 90mins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team